World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It’s telling that when I think of classic servers I almost wished existed in perpetuity resetting every few years or so - it’s Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and, no joke, Legion. I could get behind MoP but yeah. Rest sucked. WoD is the expac I treated most like a tourist stop. It was ridiculous not having Shattrath as a zone or raid.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Almost nobody besides the Juvarix responders so far. Merrith is on the fence, but generally agrees Shadowlands was more playable at launch than BFA-- which is the main metric the expansion should be evaluated on for a new purchase.

BFA just didn't include anything functional or operational for months on end.

When you have items that don't work, and it's widespread across all specs and classes-- it's a problem.

Azerite not working, or Torg and Maw being unfinished? I'm going with the loot. Loot matters.
They both had terrible starts. SL’s is only a little better because Castle was a kickass raid. Azerite was mostly fixed in the first major patch (second tier) though it was never a great system. SL never really improved while BfA got better and better culminating in one of the best tiers in the game’s history. So BfA was a horrendous start but ended up being pretty fun. SL never amounted to anything and is the worst xpack ever released.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s telling that when I think of classic servers I almost wished existed in perpetuity resetting every few years or so - it’s Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and, no joke, Legion. I could get behind MoP but yeah. Rest sucked. WoD is the expac I treated most like a tourist stop. It was ridiculous not having Shattrath as a zone or raid.
It was suppose to be the raid before HFC but they pulled the ripcord and went to the last patch early to focus on Legion instead.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Okay Faerin
Lothar
is definitely giving off girlboss energy now. Pretty sure she's gonna end up marrying Anduin...which is odd what with him being a raging homo and all.

• 2Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Okay Faerin
Lothar
is definitely giving off girlboss energy now. Pretty sure she's gonna end up marrying Anduin...which is odd what with him being a raging homo and all.
Terrible miscegenation so probably true. She's just like rey faggotwalker she's like 22 and knows everything and constantly puts every older character in their place.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
God help me I am seriously considering this, would appreciate some advice:

1) I have Shadowlands, so do I need to buy Dragonflight+War Within or are they packed together yet?

2) How fast is lv60-70 to get caught up? Is it accelerated yet?

3) Did they add more controller support?

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God help me I am seriously considering this, would appreciate some advice:

1) I have Shadowlands, so do I need to buy Dragonflight+War Within or are they packed together yet?

2) How fast is lv60-70 to get caught up? Is it accelerated yet?

3) Did they add more controller support?
Newest expansion generally gives you prior expansions. But in this specific case, to answer your question, it does.
60-70 is 2-3 hours max. Can do the event if you want to get armor, trinkets, weapon, heirloom ring, 30 slots bags, 30 slot reagent bags, etc. or just hit DF. Which didnt take that long to get 70 anyways.
No idea. You're the only one that plays with a controller that I know.

All mounts have DF flight, or you can switch to regular flight. So depending on what you do, some exp is insanely fast compared to how it used to be.

• 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
WQs only give 50 instead of the usual 150 rep now. I feel stupid believing the "warbands will make reputation gains easier" ad.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got to 80. My OCD was stronk for the first 2 zones and I did all the fucking things I came across. I will be going back to do all the things in the second few after I get the MSQ done, because I have to for pathfinder. The generic ilevel for 80 is 558, which is pretty amusing, because it means stats are almost the same as they were at the end of remix. No massively OP jewels (yet, that I know of), but yes, my hunter has the same sta/agi.

Daidraco

WQs only give 50 instead of the usual 150 rep now. I feel stupid believing the "warbands will make reputation gains easier" ad.
They havent had any ideas on how to create longevity within the game outside of obvious grinds and time gated grinds for multiple expansions now. I seriously doubt that they have moved away from their metrics just because Microsoft bought them. As we'll see in a month or two that the metrics are skewing the opposite way, and they'll increase the rewards. Reminds me of that stupid balancing act mini-game.
Got to 80. My OCD was stronk for the first 2 zones and I did all the fucking things I came across. I will be going back to do all the things in the second few after I get the MSQ done, because I have to for pathfinder. The generic ilevel for 80 is 558, which is pretty amusing, because it means stats are almost the same as they were at the end of remix. No massively OP jewels (yet, that I know of), but yes, my hunter has the same sta/agi.
Sounds like it was the test bed for the game and if so, that was pretty smart.

I was under the impression that certain crafting things were locked for the weekend, but nope. Theres still a pile of shit out there. I like how I get random recipes as I work through the content. Like it used to be. Just reminds me of back when they made recipes only available to be needed on when you had the profession. Which, fuck man.. that was like some kind of "freedom" that was taken away that we just didnt pay attention to because it made sense in a way.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Warbands are cool until you realize that many of the things you would actually do on an alt get semi-neutered by 'your warband has already completed this activity'.
If you need to make any in-game gold there are the usual opportunities to trade your misc acquired tradeskills doo-dads for insane amounts of cash as people race to max out tradeskills (many of which they will never actually use).

• 1Like

Merrith

They both had terrible starts. SL’s is only a little better because Castle was a kickass raid. Azerite was mostly fixed in the first major patch (second tier) though it was never a great system. SL never really improved while BfA got better and better culminating in one of the best tiers in the game’s history. So BfA was a horrendous start but ended up being pretty fun. SL never amounted to anything and is the worst xpack ever released.

I can get behind most of this, save for Azerite ever really feeling fixed. The fact they had to add the Heart powers and such was mainly b/c Azerite was pretty much always trash. Although the Heart powers ended up being pretty nice. Only problem with BFA after that fun tier is I feel like 8.3 was a trash dump. People complain about The Maw/Tower in SL but they were still better than Visions.

They noped tf out on SL so early, it just was never going to have any real good patch revival like I felt BFA did with 8.2 (although ironically I remember it coming out a week or two before XIV's Shadowbringers early access, so I didn't go back to check out 8.2 content until later).1

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can get behind most of this, save for Azerite ever really feeling fixed. The fact they had to add the Heart powers and such was mainly b/c Azerite was pretty much always trash. Although the Heart powers ended up being pretty nice. Only problem with BFA after that fun tier is I feel like 8.3 was a trash dump. People complain about The Maw/Tower in SL but they were still better than Visions.

They noped tf out on SL so early, it just was never going to have any real good patch revival like I felt BFA did with 8.2 (although ironically I remember it coming out a week or two before XIV's Shadowbringers early access, so I didn't go back to check out 8.2 content until later).1
WTF visions were amazing. The best part of that expac.

BFA was better than SL, which isn't saying much. Both had shitty systems centered around a grind.

• 1Like

Merrith

WTF visions were amazing. The best part of that expac.

BFA was better than SL, which isn't saying much. Both had shitty systems centered around a grind.

Hell no they weren't. Did you really like them? Shit was boring af. Not as bad as early corrupted RNG, but enjoyed Tower runs more (not that Tower was fun, either). Thought 8.2 content was miles ahead of 8.3. Just reusing old areas.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Does anyone feel like the new zones seem kind of empty and small? I realize that's probably not technically true but it feels like it. Discount Stormheim just seems like there's nothing going on. Remember how in classic you used to have patrols of dwarves roaming around Dun Morogh and into Loch Modan? There's something just a bit off about most of the zones, but especially IoD and Azj Kahet.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Does anyone feel like the new zones seem kind of empty and small? I realize that's probably not technically true but it feels like it. Discount Stormheim just seems like there's nothing going on. Remember how in classic you used to have patrols of dwarves roaming around Dun Morogh and into Loch Modan? There's something just a bit off about most of the zones, but especially IoD and Azj Kahet.
The zones do feel smaller than DF, but definitely not empty. They are a lot more similar to the underground zone they added later in DF.

I am loving the hell out of delves. My only complaint is that they don't allow your companion to stay with you outside of delves too, ala companions in Legion. Definitely a missed opportunity there.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be cool if they eventually combined warbands, follower dungeons and delves, with something like the gambit system from FF12. Let us use our alts to build and gear a team to run stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Think I'm starting this tomorrow, will probably go Demon Hunter.

Is the event with the fast exp still active or does it end today?

May slow down and play Dragonflight properly though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Think I'm starting this tomorrow, will probably go Demon Hunter.

Is the event with the fast exp still active or does it end today?

May slow down and play Dragonflight properly though.
It's definitely ending today at some point not sure if that's in a few hours or actually at launch time this evening though.

• 1Like