World of Warcraft: Current Year

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1724735368135.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you're a veteran player and interested in guiding new players as they experience World of Warcraft for the first time, head over to Stormwind or Orgrimmar and speak to the guide recruiter once you've met the following criteria:

• Have an account in good standing
  • Reach level 60
  • Complete 3,000 quests
If you no longer wish to be a guide, you can speak to the guide recruiter once again
Based on what I recall the average player being like, this doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Or a really good way to quit the game...

I always wanted to RP a tech support orc from India, thanks Blizz.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm genuinely impressed that there are that many people who bought just the $50 dollar pack. The servers are eating a pile of shit right now.
New xpac smell. Going to be a rough week or two. I got through the available MSQ, and am working on soujourner for Hallowfell and the bug zone to get pathfinder done before I do any other toons. Dragonflight is ok, but real flying is much better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

New xpac smell. Going to be a rough week or two. I got through the available MSQ, and am working on soujourner for Hallowfell and the bug zone to get pathfinder done before I do any other toons. Dragonflight is ok, but real flying is much better.
AFAIK, they increased old flying to be only slightly slower than dragon riding. In DF it was still significantly slower. The hovering aspect of old flying is hard to beat in some situations (like safe afk at almost any time).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
AFAIK, they increased old flying to be only slightly slower than dragon riding. In DF it was still significantly slower. The hovering aspect of old flying is hard to beat in some situations (like safe afk at almost any time).
They did. Flying is now 420% speed. And yes, that is a big reason I want that unlock done ASAP.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had no idea that they buffed old world flying, and that you had to get Pathfinder for it. Heard people talking about Pathfinder, but was in my own little world I guess. After looking at the chiev's needed for Pathfinder, though - this ones pretty easy to achieve.

Honey Moon phase, May Flies, whatever anyone wants to call it - it's been so long since I played, that it is kind of nostalgically relaxing to play.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I had no idea that they buffed old world flying, and that you had to get Pathfinder for it. Heard people talking about Pathfinder, but was in my own little world I guess. After looking at the chiev's needed for Pathfinder, though - this ones pretty easy to achieve.

Honey Moon phase, May Flies, whatever anyone wants to call it - it's been so long since I played, that it is kind of nostalgically relaxing to play.
It has always been smooth as butter in terms of combat and animations. The story went to shit when the Cosby Suite crew got shitcanned, but the new xpac is thankfully free of most of the DEI bullshit. Gimpy paladin aside.

The DF tradeskill updates are carried on in TWW, which is a very good thing IMO.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It has always been smooth as butter in terms of combat and animations. The story went to shit when the Cosby Suite crew got shitcanned, but the new xpac is thankfully free of most of the DEI bullshit. Gimpy paladin aside.

The DF tradeskill updates are carried on in TWW, which is a very good thing IMO.
It's 2012 feminist bullshit instead of 2020 trans bullshit but I wouldn't say it's really free of dei at all

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Not gonna lie, I hated myself a little when I loaded into Ogrimmar, and felt like a junkie getting a long awaited fix.

When it comes to lore, that massive fucking sword sticking out of the planet was probably the last thing i cared about, and kinda left Legion a little unfinished for me when they just ignored it, kinda looking forward to that finally being resolved.

Was just getting organized when maint hit, haven't even started yet.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida

I really hated the new crafting system at first glance cause it looks like a convoluted mess and I just wanted to know "If fury warrior I go whatever so i can zug 2% better". After reading wow-professions and playing around with the crafting talents, its really a lot of fun. Went Alch first since mats are cheap and I like to flask and pot a lot, and you can talent it to make everything work better on yourself for longer and even increase secondary stats, but if i wanted to be a tycoon I can spec into making a ton of them easier to sell and so on.

Its a great system and I like crafting orders and all. Ill give them major props they put effort into making them fun.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
My opinion is unchanged from DF - _conceptually_, the quests and trees are neat, especially if they were a one time questline per tradeskill, but the current implementation requiring you to grind out hundreds upon hundreds of specialization points (even after discounting vendor purchasable ones) is just not worth every player doing, especially when tradeskill items generally don't exceed raid drops, are timelimited (in sparks), and mostly still require raid drops to make in the first place.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started back in my mage. Frost was really fun in DF but think I'll give arcane a go this time since that's what the cool kids are saying is meta.

I can already feel Metzens influence. In the little preamble to the story the cliff notes were a better retelling of the last 3 xpacs then any thing they actually did in the xpacs.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Went with druid this time, aiming at resto, but bear for leveling of course.

We gonna evict the hobos living in the minivan, and get it running again, or what?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went with druid this time, aiming at resto, but bear for leveling of course.

We gonna evict the hobos living in the minivan, and get it running again, or what?
Everyone is spread out, on different servers, playing Alliance, etc.

However, I didnt know about this: (according to WoW Head)
Cross-Faction raiding was allowed in Shadowlands Patch 9.2.5 and then Cross-Faction guilds became a feature in Dragonflight Patch 10.1. This next step will continue to break down barriers for players allowing them to create cross-server communities to raid with that aren't content-restricted allowing for greater flexibility when choosing servers, factions, and guilds.

Is that actually the case? or was this just something planned?