World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There’s an addon that I picked up that works great, I probably would have missed the dark moon fair ones this week without it

That weak aura is called "Myu's Knowledge Points Tracker" and has all the darkmoon stuff, tracks consumables points so you know how many more you need to find for herbalism, or treasure chests etc. You can click on what you're missing and it marks the location, if available, on your map with a map marker etc. Its really powerful to be as light weight as it is, compared to your complete addon with graphics etc. I saw it, after I found that weak aura and its nice. Just again, prefer to keep my load times low.

WoW really starts to grind my gears when my load times get obnoxious (20+ seconds). Even though I have a 13900/4090 - I can tell the difference when I have too much shit working in tandem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Affix is killing anything 8-10 key this week. No group seems ready for it or has an answer for it.

"Just decurse/spell dude" doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Is there a specific healer type that is better at dealing with the affix this week?

We had 2-3 dispellers and what does that matter when the group is being AOE affix'd and killed off shortly after. In mid keys this affix is completely ignored. I just don't get how it's breaking every high key suddenly and no PUGs can deal with it.

Anyone have any tips that could help forming a competent group for this Affix?

Ran 5 different 9 and 10 keys. Each time on boss the affix eventually got us wiped. Consistent from group to group. Mainly happens during a boss that has some type of high AOE output effect. 2300-2400 rated in group and they had 0 answer and seems like nobody plans on pushing any keys this week. Nobody even had 1 single thing to say in terms of strategy besides the fact the affix is causing it.

Last edited:

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Affix is killing anything 8-10 key this week. No group seems ready for it or has an answer for it.

Is there a specific healer type that is better at dealing with the affix this week?

We had 2-3 dispellers and what does that matter when the group is being AOE affix'd and killed off shortly after. In mid keys this affix is completely ignored. I just don't get how it's breaking every high key suddenly and no PUGs can deal with it.

Ran 5 different 9 and 10 keys. Each time on boss the affix eventually got us wiped. Consistent from group to group. Mainly happens during a boss that has some type of high AOE output effect. 2300-2400 rated in group and they had 0 answer and seems like nobody plans on pushing any keys this week. Nobody even had 1 single thing to say in terms of strategy besides the fact the affix is causing it.

Resto shaman - their poison dispel totem makes it a non-affix.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Sounds like I picked a good time to nope out of the toxicity, I can only imagine what these sociopaths are like raging at this.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

They said something like they wanted the affixes to change what classes are brought to Mythic+ each week. So the Meta wouldnt always be the same fkn things every single week. High movement speed classes - High cleave classes - High single target classes - High Self Sufficiency classes, etc. etc.

Resto Shaman is kind of primo, regardless - so not quite what Im referring to. But say for instance, a Protection Paladin should have higher demand right now since a single Word of Glory can heal through that bullshit and put himself back at full health in one GCD. Give him a couple more seconds and he has the opportunity to prepare - he can heal himself and 2, 3, other people with WOG to help the healer get through the bullshit. Ive had to use LOH more this week than I need too. Ive also noticed that the SV I did was made noticeably less spikey when Warlock Cookies are available. Its all relative.

Im not doing 10's and crazy shit like that, so maybe Im just out of touch with that category. But Im on the lower end of your range and again, I just think its a class issue not a skill issue.

Sounds like I picked a good time to nope out of the toxicity, I can only imagine what these sociopaths are like raging at this.
I mean, its ok to play other games man. Enjoy D4's expansion. Because if a few mean words got to you by some random people on the internet - it probably is best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Mythic+ changes:

As part of our ongoing commitment to the tuning of both gameplay and rewards, we’ve some adjustments today, and we’re working on more coming soon.

Now Live

We’ve heard feedback around challenges in the new Keystone affix and scaling structure, as well as the difficulty some players are facing with making progress. With hotfixes that are now live:
  • Runed Crests are now awarded up to Mythic Keystone +7.
  • Gilded Crests are now awarded beginning at Mythic Keystone +8.

Coming later today

Mythic Keystone Affixes
  • Increased the duration of the buffs granted by Xal’atath’s Bargain Affixes to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds).
    • Developers’ notes: We’ve been closely monitoring the impact of the bonuses provided by Xal’atath’s Bargain affixes, and we’re increasing their overall power level on players. We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these buffs as well as the challenges these affixes present.
  • Xal’atath’s Guile now increases enemy health and damage by 10% (was 20%).
    • Developers’ notes: With the increase to the buffs granted to players by Xal’atath’s Bargain we’re reducing the effectiveness of of Xal’atath’s Guile, to allow players to push deeper into the Keystone system with current item levels.

With Scheduled Weekly Maintenance – October 15

• The Necrotic Wake
    • Zolramus Gatekeeper’s Wrath of Zolramus periodic damage reduced by 25%.
    • Skeletal Monstrosity’s enemy forces contributions increased by 20%.
    • Kyrian Weapons
      • The effects of Bloody Javelins no longer stack.
    • Surgeon Stitchflesh
      • Surgeon Stitchflesh’s health reduced by 20%.
      • Stitchflesh’s Creation’s Festering Rot damage reduced by 30%.
  • The Stonevault
    • Skarmorak
      • Skarmorak’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Skarmorak is now stunned for 4 seconds (was 2 seconds) after Fortified Shell is broken.
      • Skarmorak’s Crystalline Eruption damage reduced by 15%.
    • Void Speaker Eirich
      • Void Speaker Eirich’s health reduced by 10%.
      • Increased the cooldown of Entropic Reckoning.
We’ll confirm for you later today when the Affix hotfixes go live.

Daidraco

Mythic+ changes:

• Kyrian Weapons
    • The effects of Bloody Javelins no longer stack.
Does this mean what I "think" it means?... Though, I guess with the nerf to Stitchflesh HP% - it might not be as bad as I'm thinking.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crests are a pain in the ass, hopefully they do something for delves too, like more than 2 dropping above tier 8 delves, and maybe adding gilded to 11's as well. Right now, doing your 8 delves a week for the vault you get 2 runed crests a run so you'll be able to bump up one piece of gear 3 iLvls per week from that, and you can't even really get gilded crests even though hero gear is available from delves.

Daidraco

Crests are a pain in the ass, hopefully they do something for delves too, like more than 2 dropping above tier 8 delves, and maybe adding gilded to 11's as well. Right now, doing your 8 delves a week for the vault you get 2 runed crests a run so you'll be able to bump up one piece of gear 3 iLvls per week from that, and you can't even really get gilded crests even though hero gear is available from delves.
I cant recall which Bellular video, but its him and the chubby fella' talking about it. Apparently a few things are in discussion, or going to be implemented with 11.0.5:

1. Delves dropping higher item level gear, the same as World Quests. Im thinking that probably means going from 587 to a 593, and the vault going from 616 to 619. Not a big increase, but they dont want crests to be farmed from Delves - so I guess thats the solution? Granted Mythic Raiding gear is 636/639 - so.. Shit man, 20 points seems like an ample enough difference and what we really need is just the next load of content.

2. I think its theory crafting? Wishful thinking? Something for a bigger 11.1.0 Patch or something. As it sounds like they are thinking about lowering the requirements for alt's. So you finish your main's vault, then the second characters vault will need less boss/dung/delves. Which sounds too good to be true, quite honestly. I really like playing my Shaman, Warlock and Paladin - but its just too much right now to work through to get 24 of each category done every single week. But then again, if everything stays at 616 - I wont need the "opportunity" that the vault may reward. As focused gameplay should at least be putting you at 619ish.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
At this point valor stones are effectively useless since we're crest limited.

And yes, if the whole hook for the expansion is 'Warbands and Alts!', having to do 4+ tier8s on each of your characters could be a large time sink. I agree that having the first column unlock for all characters would work, but honestly they should just make the delves shorter by ~halving the trash - if you can't beat a boss, it doesn't matter if there were ten or six trash packs in the earlier phase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

The only time I had fun in timewalking was during the various stages that they allowed people to build OP timewalking sets, including mostly full use of old legos. Having a Blood DK that could solo the dungeon or a DPS doing 80%+ of the dmg in the group was a great time, at least for the 5 to get the quest done.

Well, most of the time, unless you get something like Black Morass where you have to just sit there with your thumb up your ass.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The only time I had fun in timewalking was during the various stages that they allowed people to build OP timewalking sets, including mostly full use of old legos. Having a Blood DK that could solo the dungeon or a DPS doing 80%+ of the dmg in the group was a great time, at least for the 5 to get the quest done.

Well, most of the time, unless you get something like Black Morass where you have to just sit there with your thumb up your ass.
For DPS it's all that + 5-20min queues. No thanks. I did it on hunter this week, then just noped the fuck out. They should cut that quest down to 1 TW dungeon.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Honestly, that would breathe life into TW'ing for me. Just something unique/fun for Time Walking like that. Regular gear that has an affix on it that is reminiscent of the Corruption system or something. Just make it fucking fun, not some trip down memory lane for nostalgia's sake every single time.
For DPS it's all that + 5-20min queues. No thanks. I did it on hunter this week, then just noped the fuck out. They should cut that quest down to 1 TW dungeon.
I'd do the dungeons with you and blast through them if you want on my tank. I just wont do the Ulduar raid. I started to do it one day and got reminded that the last thing I want to do is group with a bunch of people that "want" to be try hards, but have the skill level of a fucking retard. Going for the hardest difficulty because they want more loot chances, but will stand in the fucking fire because theyre a moron.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'd do the dungeons with you and blast through them if you want on my tank. I just wont do the Ulduar raid. I started to do it one day and got reminded that the last thing I want to do is group with a bunch of people that "want" to be try hards, but have the skill level of a fucking retard. Going for the hardest difficulty because they want more loot chances, but will stand in the fucking fire because theyre a moron.
I appreciate the offer, but after grinding out 7 sets of delves last week I am just too burnt out this week.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
As a dps it prob took me prob 20 min to do TW ulduar premade raid group. gotta get that mimiron head anyway and people were /randoming off gear they got and didnt need. gives ya the 5 tw bosses needed plus the ulduar quest for an xtra piece of timewalk gear.