World of Warcraft: Current Year

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Thnking of getting a laptop for one of my kids to play WoW. Any recommendations on a minimum spec ? Never bought a laptop for games and don't want to go nuts.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Thnking of getting a laptop for one of my kids to play WoW. Any recommendations on a minimum spec ? Never bought a laptop for games and don't want to go nuts.
I would recommend a laptop that can double as a Blizzard realm server.

But seriously, anything relatively new will run wow. The more RAM the better, 8GB if you can, 4GB at least.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The nice thing about wow is it was designed to run on a pretty low horsepower computer when it was released and still will run on pretty much anything with even a half assed video card these days. It is one reason it keeps its sub numbers so high because it simply can run on that many systems.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
icy veins guide says to replace the Barracks with Dwarven Bunker and then rebuild the barracks at level 100. True?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could see that since the dwarven bunker gives upgraded chances to get upgraded loot during questing which could be nice to gear up while leveling but removing the barracks removes patrol missions from the follower mission chart which tend to be really good XP boosts and pretty easy for your followers to do.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can't you play this game on a MS Surface now? If so just go that route, the kids love tablets. Fairly decent price point and the newer models aren't as shit as the older ones.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
icy veins guide says to replace the Barracks with Dwarven Bunker and then rebuild the barracks at level 100. True?
That would give you slightly better quest gear rewards while leveling, at the cost of losing a little bit of garrison resources re-building later. I found leveling to be completely trivial with the random green quest rewards, so I didn't go that route.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would not waste the GR on that; demolishing a barracks only to rebuild it later costs you a full day's worth of resources. Just level to 100 as fast as possible and upgrade the garrison to rank 3 to unlock the second large plot. It's not like having a bunker early is going to matter. You don't need it to work on the achievement that unlocks the rank 3 bunker, and getting a couple blues/epics instead of greens/blues isn't going to do a thing for your leveling speed.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
WOD upped the spec requirements by a bit. I actually ugpraded my old ass computer for it (went from 6GB of memory to 12GB). Runs like a champ now though.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would not waste the GR on that; demolishing a barracks only to rebuild it later costs you a full day's worth of resources. Just level to 100 as fast as possible and upgrade the garrison to rank 3 to unlock the second large plot. It's not like having a bunker early is going to matter. You don't need it to work on the achievement that unlocks the rank 3 bunker, and getting a couple blues/epics instead of greens/blues isn't going to do a thing for your leveling speed.
Thanks, I'll skip that then. I think as soon as the servers come back up I will build a barn over the top of my Inn though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Dwarven Bunker / War Mill is awesome. It can even upgrade your followers that you get from quest rewards.
Are you sure about that? None of my follower upgrades showed the message that appears when you get an upgraded piece of gear from a quest or drop.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
What are you talkin about bro? The official forums aren't full of entitled people who have only played WoW and no other mmo. THEY ARE CUSTOMERS

Carl_sl

shitlord
That would give you slightly better quest gear rewards while leveling, at the cost of losing a little bit of garrison resources re-building later. I found leveling to be completely trivial with the random green quest rewards, so I didn't go that route.
I think the value of the war mill comes from your final area of questing, being able to get level 99 epics would potentially put you in gear that's better than heroic 5 man before you even start your gear up process.