World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
No dungeon quests really, really neuters the amount of XP you get from dungeons.
You may have quests for Dungeons if you've built the Inn (and are lucky).

Dungeons are the poor parent of WoD, the one that no one wants to deal with.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You may have quests for Dungeons if you've built the Inn (and are lucky).

Dungeons are the poor parent of WoD, the one that no one wants to deal with.
Which is very sad because they have some very fun dungeons in WoD but leveling up they were not good XP and at 100 their gear was bad for the effort involved in acquiring it. It was easier to simply hold off doing nagrand till 100 and then put up a dwarven war mill and you would get enough purple upgrades of high enough level to skip directly to LFR if you chose to do so. Most people only ever did the couple required dungeons needed for the legendary follower quest and then called it a day for dungeons.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you have full heirlooms and have the ability to tank or heal, dungeons are soo much faster then questing. If you are dps, quest while you queue for dungeons. Stay away from battlegrounds, the exp sucks.
Pretty much this. Battlegrounds are fun but are total crap for xp compared to questing or dungeon running. If you have a healer or tank just run dungeons you will level up stupidly fast without ever doing a single quest. Even as a pure DPS my mage is 75 and has not even gone to north rend yet.

Sterling

El Presidente
Can do the Skyreach part of the Legendary at 98, other than that only really need to do the heroics for the legendary and the 2 for the followers and whatever items you want from the inn.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
(Announcer voice) Aaaaaaaaaand we're back live with another round of "Nine Minute Fights of Draenor!". Next up is the horrific Hellfire Citadel, filled with all kinds of bullshit you've come to hate in this lackluster expansion. Patch 6.2 is sure to bring massive amounts of content to the masses in the form of a single raid full of 9 minute fights and a SHIP YARD. You heard it here folks, a SHIPYARD. We've got a brand new zone called "Tanaan Jungle" that you'll blow through within the first 2 hours you're online, then never go back there ever again as you stare at your map from the safety of your garrison. The new Ashran changes are sure to bring in more players to PvP. That extra area to kill NPC mobs will be the difference between a full terrible battleground vs an empty one! /fuckshitcunt

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Iron Maidens wipes had me discussing various suicide options in raid chat.

There were a few people I was starting to wish would give it a go.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Maidens starts out crappy on mythic but easy to pick up on the changes. Fuck blast furnace and black hand though.

My guild just keeps rolling the lockout over each week for blackhand now. Finally almost pushing p3.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Heroic maidens is bad enough, I can't even fucking imagine mythic.
The group I was playing with killed Maidens on mythic after 80+ attempts.

Once they died I realized all that was left was to work on mythic blast furnace and blackhand. Oh boy more 10+ min shit fights. *retired*

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The first 30% of Blackhand always feels like it lasts 3 hours. Boring shit is boring.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The group I was playing with killed Maidens on mythic after 80+ attempts.

Once they died I realized all that was left was to work on mythic blast furnace and blackhand. Oh boy more 10+ min shit fights. *retired*
We just had a tank leave again and he vultured a few of our other disgruntled members. We'd probably have a spot for you know if you could tolerate progression from a group less skilled than you're used to. It's a good group and the people that left were the ones making things not fun. We have a bit of rebuilding but the core of this guild is great and I expect to play with them for a while.

We're through Kromog with everything prior to that on farm. I wouldn't call Kromog on farm yet though.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Oh yea me too. I cancelled until the new zone is released which by the looks of it will be in september or so. We got H BH on farm and we can't seem to get enough people for mythic because of CRZ bullshit so we just kinda disbanded.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Oh yea me too. I cancelled until the new zone is released which by the looks of it will be in september or so. We got H BH on farm and we can't seem to get enough people for mythic because of CRZ bullshit so we just kinda disbanded.
I think 3-4 weeks (late June, early July) is a more likely estimate than 3-4 months...

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish there was a class in this game I could enjoy.
I was just thinking the same, honestly. I wish they would have added a new class. I know they probably don't even want to bother with balancing anything new but DK and Monk being the only two added in 11 years of the game.. eh. I guess it doesn't matter much though cause every class is pretty much the exact same, with monk/hunter/rogue being slightly different. But still.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was just thinking the same, honestly. I wish they would have added a new class. I know they probably don't even want to bother with balancing anything new but DK and Monk being the only two added in 11 years of the game.. eh. I guess it doesn't matter much though cause every class is pretty much the exact same, with monk/hunter/rogue being slightly different. But still.
Thing is, each class has three specializations that all (more or less) play differently. There are effectively 33 classes, not 11. If you can't find something that tickles your pickle out of 33 choices, the game probably (and unfortunately) just isn't for you.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I love the mobility of the warrior, but I'm less and less inclined to melee these days.

I love the concept of a durable caster with lifetaps, but having forced locks into using pets to take the hits drove me away from them.

I had a BLAST in WotLK on my lock when I range tanked shit. I even enjoyed destro lock+imp blowing shit up and ember tapping my health back. They've just fucked my lock six ways from Sunday, I suppose. Petless lock with WotLK era healing abilities would be pimp shit.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I could probably even get into Unholy DK if they had any significant self-healing that would allow me to solo old raids without going tank spec...The whole beastlord feel of that sounds pretty fucking cool. Thats how I like pets, to do extra damage for me, not make me sit back and cry behind the little tank bitch.

I still think survival needs to turn into polearm melee spec that makes the pet proc target of target heals and has you focusing on tossing out traps for their CC.

And no, I'm not looking for omgOPshit. But the hunter idea would make them valuable raid offhealers/CC, something that is needed for Mage/Lock/Hunter/Rogue. Utility specs.