World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is anyone happy about Stephan Frost being associated with something they pay money for?
I thought Stephan Frost was one of the better things assoiciated with Wildstar. I always enjoyed the Videos he did. Was there something I missed that shows him as undesirable?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I didn't mind him, but I didn't get super into WS. I loved the lore and dps was fun but I always enjoyed healing/support more than anything and that style of gameplay just wasn't fitting for me. But that dude seemed super overly ecstatic to be working on Wildstar for the longest time, did he really just bail on them to work at blizz? lmao

but I supposed it's the same for both of them, coming from WS to WoW or WoW to WS, they're both probably getting paid far more than they were before. Can't blame 'em I guess.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have to say, I really like mythic dungeons. They feel like they actually take a modicum of coordination and have decent rewards, I got 705 warforged chest out of one. If they actually had real itemization and stuff, maybe even something akin to the old tier .5 upgrade quests (I know, I know, I dream) in the next expac, I would actually be pretty satisfied with 5 man content. Then again, the closest they have come to the feel of the original dungeons (SM/Strath/Scholo/UBRS/BRD) has been the lich king dungeons. I dunno why, I just really liked them - good story that was relevant to the raid, cool epic weapon quest, good items for the content cycle, some fun bosses.

Also, is there any hint of a 'catch up buff' for the lego again this xpac?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Also, is there any hint of a 'catch up buff' for the lego again this xpac?
The big catch up buffs for the cloak didn't start happening until a few months prior to WoD launching, and even then it was just a week at a time, then gone for a couple weeks, etc. I just started working on a couple of my alt's rings and they were able to get almost 300 runes (BRF) in a week just running LFR and doing the ship/follower missions. The rune missions seem to get refreshed a few times a week now so they add up real quick if you snag them every time they're available.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The big catch up buffs for the cloak didn't start happening until a few months prior to WoD launching, and even then it was just a week at a time, then gone for a couple weeks, etc. I just started working on a couple of my alt's rings and they were able to get almost 300 runes (BRF) in a week just running LFR and doing the ship/follower missions. The rune missions seem to get refreshed a few times a week now so they add up real quick if you snag them every time they're available.
The problem is, after running HFC twice on my mains I'm not fucking running old LFRs with absolutely no loot upgrades besides the ring runes. I don't mind the steps to kill the bosses once but remove the stones/runes. A 715 ring is no big deal now anyways, so why make me go through all the trouble when I've already done it several times while it was current.

Rime

<Donor>
There are catch-up mechanics for everything up to the current part of the ring.

Sadly, most of them involve the Shityard.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Burning Legion + Demonhunter is the lazy way out, so I'm guessing that's what it is.

xzi

Mouthbreather
One more day and I suppose we'll find out. Unless they do some teaser bullshit where they show like a 15 sec clip and that's it. I sure hope not.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Be prepared for a 15 second clip. They have a second event scheduled for more details on the 9th.

Join us Thursday, August 6 at 9 a.m. PDT for a special World of Warcraft event streamed live from gamescom 2015 in Cologne, Germany?where we?ll be unveiling the next chapter of the World of Warcraft saga. . . .

Tune in again Sunday, August 9 at 8:00 a.m. PDT for a World of Warcraft developer chat before the show ends, and find out more about what?s in store.
New World of Warcraft Expansion Unveiling at gamescom 2015 - Live Stream August 6 - World of Warcraft

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well if WoD is anything to go off of, 15 seconds is all they need to show all the new content.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There already are some catchup mechanisms kicking in especially if you have done it already on one character. If you have completed a stage on one character it seems like alts get a 50% ish boost to the stuff you need to gather. Plus if you have the naval yard the items you need for your ring quests tends to come in large amounts from that to at least get you to the current stage.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I dunno all of BRF and missions only gave me around 140 elemental thingies this week. Did at least 3 garr and one naval mission too but was only 74.