World of Warcraft: Current Year

spronk

FPS noob
so my takeaway from that weird infographic is that blizzard has a lot of jews

maybe their next MMO will be World of Zion

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blizz needed a good beating. They had *too much* success. They thought they could get away with everything. Lets see what they announce tomorrow. Even further casualization or are they trying to bring back at least a little bit of the "old WoW xpac feel".

xzi

Mouthbreather
I am really surprised we aren't seeing serious leaks this close to the "announcement". That either means it is complete dog shit, or so good their gag order results in termination and a "never work in this town again" clause.
I agree. Unless one of the "leaks" in the last few weeks is a real possibility (sorta hoping for that South Seas xpac tbh), the fact that the WoW team has supposedly doubled for this expansion and NO leaks have come out? I'm surprised if that's the case.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Just burn the garrison to the ground, give me a new class and make the expac on real azeroth against real enemies that we already know about. Don't try your hand at writing up new plots, there are pleanty of unfinished ones, and you don't have good writers anyway.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am really surprised we aren't seeing serious leaks this close to the "announcement". That either means it is complete dog shit, or so good their gag order results in termination and a "never work in this town again" clause.

I really hope we see more Grom "Orc Hitler" Hellscream.
Has there ever been any real leaks? All I can remember are just a bunch of educated guesses that got a lot of things wrong. The only things that really leaked were expansion names because of trademark stalking. Perfect example is the Eye of Ashzara "leak" from the trademark Blizz got around 2 years ago. Everyone has been coming up with their leaks based on that.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uldaman, Uldum, Ulduar etc... Always fucking loved the lore behind the Dwarves & Gnomes & their tie to the Titans. Old Gods & Titans are always a good combo. So tired of fucking orcs, Thrall, and fucking Trolls. Boring shit. Horde expac idea is old & tiring as fuck.
Horde lore is fundamentally shit. Everything cool that happens in the world, involves the other side, no matter the race. Check wow wiki lore pages, just glance over this list:Organization - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraftand see for yourself the almighty horde lore: nothing with a pile of nothing on top. Except drinking demon blood, orcs amount to a big pile of nothing, Thrall as the name suggests was a slave, okay, nice piece of story they got there *rolleyes*. Garrosh... oh for fuck's sake! Trolls are... everywhere, tribes, doing bad stuff, mojo everywhere. I'll save the Forsaken and Blood Elves, not too bad of a story there (all started by humans/night elves).

Humans: everything starts from there: plague, lich king, magic shit flying all over (Dalaran).
If you just add night elves, which means Illidan/Malfurion and all that comes from there, so to say the well of eternity, the consequent coming of the legion on Azeroth and even the traveling in the Emerald Dream. Then we have dwarves and the whole Uld-lore, with titans, gnomes, throggs, old gods and so on and so forth. At this point one has to wonder why the Horde lore is ever included in the various xpacks. TBC? I got it, it's orc world. After that? Nah... Instead we had way too much horde, way too many orcs and trolls and little bits of everything else.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has there ever been any real leaks? All I can remember are just a bunch of educated guesses that got a lot of things wrong. The only things that really leaked were expansion names because of trademark stalking. Perfect example is the Eye of Ashzara "leak" from the trademark Blizz got around 2 years ago. Everyone has been coming up with their leaks based on that.
Usually the day before there's some credible shit that comes out. But, who the fuck knows.

1438802447889.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure every xpac has leaked a few weeks in advance with mostly the right details. this is the leak i saw and posted last month, we'll see tomorrow if any of it is true, although I believe its been said most of this was a fan's idea not real blizzard leaker

World of Warcraft - WoD - 11/13/14 - Page 823
Zul and Azshara are the main villains.

After the last defeat Zul has asked Rastakhan for more support, but Rastakhan has lost the confidence in Zul and refuses support. In a big coup, Zul has Rastakhan assassinated and assumes control of the Zandalari.

The Zandalari trolls ally with the naga, whose goal it is to flood the continents and raise the ocean level.

The big focus of the expansion will be on night elves and trolls, with Malfurion and Vol'jin being the main heroes.

This is Vo'jin's big opportunity to prove himself as the warchief of the Horde.

A big emphasis will be on Vol'jin's loyalty to the Horde, despite the opportunity to be part of a newly risen troll empire. His story will be about resisting the temptation to join the Zandalari and stay with his family.

This is the South Seas expansion that so many players want.

New class will be Shadowstalker.

Trolls, Blood Elves, Orcs, Goblins, Forsaken, Humans, Dwarves, Worgen, Night Elves and Gnomes will be able to be this class.

The class will be a ranged class that uses bows, crossbows and guns, and it will have a heavier focus on magic attacks.

Specs are Dark Ranger, Spirit Mending and Shadow Hunter. Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter are dps specs and Spirit Mending is a healing spec.

New Shadowstalkers will start at level 1, but players who buy The Dark Prophet will be able to create 1 Shadowstalker character at level 100.

New levelcap will be 110.

The expansion will have 8 zones.

The Valarian Depths, Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan, Tel'Abim, Plunder Isle, The Rift and Broken Isles.

The two starting zones will be The Valarian Depths and Zandalar.

The Valarian Depths are an underwater zone with naga, similar to Vashj'ir, but smaller. It serves as the intro to the storyline revolving around the naga. The story in this zone deals with Ozumat and the kidnapped Neptulon.

Zandalar used to be the capital of the Zandalari, before it was destroyed in the Cataclysm. This zone is completely ruined. Players will get here and figure out what happened to the trolls, and what they are up to.

After the starting zone players in each zone will board a ship that will lead them to either Kul Tiras for the Alliance or Kezan for the Horde. These zones will serve as the capitals for the factions, Players will get their own ship here, which they will use to travel around the islands. Around the capitals there will also be some questing.

Tel'Abim is a tropical paradise. A group of peaceful trolls, the Sunspear tribe, live here. The zone is mostly light-hearted. Players have to help the Sunspear tribe against a new pygmy-like race that is giving them trouble.

Plunder Isle is a pirate island. Here people can recruit pirates for their crew.

The Rift will be the first of two endgame zones. Here lies the naga city of Nazjatar.

The Broken Isles are a group of islands, and it is the second endgame zone, that is overrun by a mix of troll and naga forces. Here the naga and trolls are going through the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras in search for powerful artifacts. The Tomb of Sargeras will be a dungeon.

Players will not only be able to travel with their ship from island to island, but also be able to explore the open seas and hidden islands. They will be able to recruit a crew of pirates. Depending on what pirates you pick, they will contribute in different ways to your ship. For example you can get a cook for your ship, which will unlock exclusive cooking recipes and who will be able to cook for you. Other pirates might contribute with different abilities, like professions or as a barber on your ship, or by offering rare quests.

Blizzard returns to creating multiple dungeons per zone. Expect about 2-3 dungeons in most zones.

I really hope we see more Grom "Orc Hitler" Hellscream.
heres another reason: none of the people who could provide a real leak give two shits about WoW anymore

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I always heard it was asian cafes. They would buy a shitload of accounts, and people would buy time on them.
A lot of local games are like that. The cybercafes have a global license, if you play your personal account for those licensed games from the cafe, you don't have to pay. An unlicensed cafe won't even have the game installed, and there's a tiny minority of personal subs.

But yea, for WoW, it's time cards that count by the time connected (you don't AFK in your garrison in China. You really don't).

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
White wow nerd constantly saying 'your boy'

I can only cringe so hard man.
Pretty sure he says that to be cheeky. I like the cadence in which he delivers his jokes.

Anyway, I think this game started to suck shit when they stopped giving raiders reasons to log in during off nights. Not that farming dreamfoil for fire pots was fun, but it fucking got you out into the world doing shit. Sure, wotlk had the gear catchup mechanic from the ToC 5 mans, but it only brought you up even with Ulduar gear. You still had to do ToC to get into ICC, etc etc