World of Warcraft: Current Year

Carl_sl

shitlord
I'm sure they were on the path to all that shipyard bullshit from the beginning and even knowing that they were shitting the bed, they pushed it out anyway because even though it sucked, releasing nothing would still be worse.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Underwater zones in wow were a terribly drab experience - if they do have an underwater area hopefully there is a way to bypass those particular points. because the entirety of cata was anything but fun and the underwater portions were the worse of it. In the end you either love or hate water zones - not really much of middle ground on it - If it is a water based xpac im likely to skip unless it has an interesting new class to fiddle with.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seriously. Shipyard seems to me like it's something that they spent a whole 30 minutes designing. And all the time wasted building the art for the ships that just sit there. I have no clue what the point of it all was when they already had the follower missions created and more fleshed out.
People were bitching about having to login all the time to use the followers and the general micromanaging of it all. In response, they moved a lot of the relevant rewards to shipyard, which you cannot really micromanage and only require checking once every day or two, even less if you only care about cache.

What they didn't consider is that players were use to setting up their followers to 100% missions which is mostly impossible in shipyard. Once you adopt the mindset that you will fail a few missions and lose ships and that is okay and expected, the shipyard is fine.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_105833.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That is a fake, looks cool though. Login screens are one of the last things to be added to an expansion, it would not be in alpha. Not that the expansion isn't Eye of Azshara.
This isn't even fucking close to true.

I have been in every F&F Alpha since launch. Every time the splash screen was updated to reflect the expansion. In Alpha.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
This isn't even fucking close to true.

I have been in every F&F Alpha since launch. Every time the splash screen was updated to reflect the expansion. In Alpha.
Even if it is real that fucking login screen is so off center I want to find out who made that fake and punch them in the throat. OCD POWERS ACTIVATE!

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well, that looks very concept art-y anyways so I doubt that would ever be a real splash screen.

also lmao @ the leak with the devs standing around. need murloc mounts now, I'm sure they'll really happen for 30$ in the store

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
C'mon TITANS. HERE WE GO. EXPANSION OF THE ROBOTS!

God I love fucking with this thread a day before an expansion announcement and leading up to it.

PS: Rescora is an NPC in the new expac. A Goblin Merchant.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
WILL THEY BE ABLE TO HIT THE BRAKES AND SWERVE OR IS THIS FUCKER HEADED FOR THE BACK OF A SEMI?!?! STAY TUNED!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this music sounds very nautical.

(This post might be an excellent example of confirmation bias.)

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
More possible leaks are fun!

Pre-Event (7.0 patch) - We go back to Azeroth after saving Draenor to find Naga/Demons trying to take over our cities. We team up with heroes of the past (Including Alleria, Turalyon and Illidan) and retake the cities for our own. In the process Vol'Jin disappears (Captured? Missing? I'm not sure).

Turns out the Naga have teamed up with some Old Gods / Demons and are trying to take over Azeroth.

Something happens with Gul'Dan at the Tomb or Sargeras, but not straight away.

Main Baddies are Azshara + Old Gods (1 or 2, unsure). wanting to 'cleanse' Azeroth before the big battle.

Expansion then begins with us going to a new continent (continents?) via boat. Boats play a huge roll here expanding form the shipyard. You can get your own crew, have a guild-wide boat, use your boats in PVP battles, explore many islands etc. Reminded me of Archeage.

There will be a lot of story/lore involving Anduin, Wrathion, Yrel and Illidan. It feels like they are setting Anduin up to be a huge hero in the future. Legendary quest involves Wrathion/Anduin again.

With the return of Illidan there will be a new class added. Unsure of the name, but it looked similar to a 'demon hunter' everyone is talking about. Can use rangedweapons (bow/gun) & melee weapons (sword/fist weapon). 3 Specs. Starts at a higher level (85-90). Hero class?

They are adding 'Subraces'. Including letting Undead choose which race to be undead. Different Dwarven clans, different Orc clans, etc. Didn't catch everything here.

They're adding a new system where the player can change the look of their spells, similar to the shadowbolt glyph. Unsure how exactly this works, possibly like the warlock class quest for green fire, you get more as you progress through the expansion.

They realize how lackluster PVP was in WoD and are making it a larger focus in this expansion. New battlegrounds/Arenas, naval ship battles, some kind of guild combat. Also changing how ilvl works in pvp.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
More possible leaks are fun!

Pre-Event (7.0 patch) - We go back to Azeroth after saving Draenor to find Naga/Demons trying to take over our cities. We team up with heroes of the past (Including Alleria, Turalyon and Illidan) and retake the cities for our own. In the process Vol'Jin disappears (Captured? Missing? I'm not sure).

Turns out the Naga have teamed up with some Old Gods / Demons and are trying to take over Azeroth.

Something happens with Gul'Dan at the Tomb or Sargeras, but not straight away.

Main Baddies are Azshara + Old Gods (1 or 2, unsure). wanting to 'cleanse' Azeroth before the big battle.

Expansion then begins with us going to a new continent (continents?) via boat. Boats play a huge roll here expanding form the shipyard. You can get your own crew, have a guild-wide boat, use your boats in PVP battles, explore many islands etc. Reminded me of Archeage.

There will be a lot of story/lore involving Anduin, Wrathion, Yrel and Illidan. It feels like they are setting Anduin up to be a huge hero in the future. Legendary quest involves Wrathion/Anduin again.

With the return of Illidan there will be a new class added. Unsure of the name, but it looked similar to a 'demon hunter' everyone is talking about. Can use rangedweapons (bow/gun) & melee weapons (sword/fist weapon). 3 Specs. Starts at a higher level (85-90). Hero class?

They are adding 'Subraces'. Including letting Undead choose which race to be undead. Different Dwarven clans, different Orc clans, etc. Didn't catch everything here.

They're adding a new system where the player can change the look of their spells, similar to the shadowbolt glyph. Unsure how exactly this works, possibly like the warlock class quest for green fire, you get more as you progress through the expansion.

They realize how lackluster PVP was in WoD and are making it a larger focus in this expansion. New battlegrounds/Arenas, naval ship battles, some kind of guild combat. Also changing how ilvl works in pvp.
"Boats play a huge roll here expanding form the shipyard."

Yea, no.