World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess Sept 21 is more for Activision finances division.. so they can savely plan the income for 2016q3. If they really get beta running around beginning of december, i guess june 2016 prepatch and july 2016 expansion release is realistic. July would then also be 2016q3, so ok for Activision.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never bothered playing Warlords because Brewmasters got nerfed hardcore before the expansion came out. How are they now?
Very strong though they were a little stronger earlier in the xpack. All the tanks are really good.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess Sept 21 is more for Activision finances division.. so they can savely plan the income for 2016q3. If they really get beta running around beginning of december, i guess june 2016 prepatch and july 2016 expansion release is realistic. July would then also be 2016q3, so ok for Activision.
They are realizing the preorder income as it is paid, there isn't a refund. Actually it isn't a preorder, people are actively buying the game right now.

spronk

FPS noob
pre orders aren't booked as revenue/income until the game ships, its known as deferred revenue and while considered an asset doesn't show up on the income reports until the game ships.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They are realizing the preorder income as it is paid, there isn't a refund. Actually it isn't a preorder, people are actively buying the game right now.
Oh, you are right, but i guess a lot of the expansion income is still made at release? 50%+?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spronk you are 100% right. I have been using the wrong term. These are actually game purchases so the preorder accounting doesn't apply.

Tauro, I'm sure a majority of the income is made at release. Between all the people buying the box as they come back for release and the massive bump in sub income, it has to be larger than pre purchase income. Not sure they care when it comes out, as far as actively delaying release. Maybe they want it to hit in a certain financial year but I don't know their financial year. Not to mention, the nature of the genre and current condition of the game, sooner has to be better for their financials.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's not great, but it doesn't quite get to wear the title of 'worst'.

1.10: Dungeon Armor Sets 2.0!
1.12: EPL and Silithus PvP Objectives!
2.2: VOICE CHAT!
5.1: Operation Shieldwall / Dominance Offensive!

and of course:

6.1: ......balance changes?
1.10 was really fun for me. I did two mans with a Thunderfury Warrior so hydrid Druid gear was interesting to use, though I normally used T2. Then got some Shadow Priest gear to raid with (yes I did manage this in vanilla!). Wasn't this the timed Statholme run too? That was probably the hardest thing I did in the game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Spronk you are 100% right. I have been using the wrong term. These are actually game purchases so the preorder accounting doesn't apply.

Tauro, I'm sure a majority of the income is made at release. Between all the people buying the box as they come back for release and the massive bump in sub income, it has to be larger than pre purchase income. Not sure they care when it comes out, as far as actively delaying release. Maybe they want it to hit in a certain financial year but I don't know their financial year. Not to mention, the nature of the genre and current condition of the game, sooner has to be better for their financials.
Oh, I see the problem you haven't even read the product details on the battle.net store:

Pre-purchase: Game isexpectedto release on or before September 21, 2016.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Haha, there's going to be so many angry people just because a dev has pink hair.
biggrin.png

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Transmog system: Account wide, wardrobe stores item appearances (so you can sell/disenchant/etc the item once you're done), can save looks as outfits, can save outfits with spec-dependant rules, all items from every quest you've ever run automatically added to wardrobe (even those with multiple rewards).

0xyWQJt.gif

E: including tabards. Oh, and you can hide shoulders now too.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Holy fucking shit, that transmogrification update was such a mic drop moment. Dude kept saying "Not done!" and adding more unbelievable features, the crowd was going nuts.

I have to say, as an avid collector of all sorts of things, that is by far my favorite feature/udpate in Legion.

Cliffnotes :

All item appearances will now be collected into a wardrobe interface.
You don't have to keep the items around, the appearance is saved forever.
It's account wide.
Every quest you've ever done, the item rewards are saved automatically in your wardrobe, even for rewards you did not choose.
You'll be able to save whole outfits, and they'll be able to be saved based on spec for when you switch.
The hidden items (helm/cloak) will be saved too.
You'll now be able to hide shoulders.
You'll now be able to transmog shirts and tabards (which will also be learned in the wardrobe forever).

Naj_sl

shitlord
Random world drops are Legendary (orange name) with unique affixes, D3 style.

Some examples were a necklace that gave a chance for HoTs and DoTs to tick for the full value of the entire spell and a cloak that did 5k dps to all targets in a radius around the wearer.

Crafted items have unique affixes as well, I remember they showed off a necklace that gave Warriors 15% movespeed while enraged.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh, I see the problem you haven't even read the product details on the battle.net store:

Pre-purchase: Game isexpectedto release on or before September 21, 2016.
In the launcher shop: "Legion will be released on or before 09/21/2016."

Regarding the content of the xpack, it seems like they are completely changing their design philosophy and letting time played have a major impact on character power. Not a fan.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Good, man. Take more of D3s systems and put them in the game it'll make this game so much better lmao. Finally I can get rid of like 200 slots of gear for my transmog shit. Can't wait to watch the video once it's up z_z

What do you mean time played having an impact on power? I like that idea because I have like 3 characters I've played since launch, but what are they doing?