World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wardrobe - As soon as item is bound to you, appearance is unlocked. Once it is unlocked, you can get rid of it. Account wide! Have to be able to equip item to unlock it.
When you log in to Legion, all of the items you have are unlocked, as well as items from every quest you have ever completed, including items you didn't even pick.
this made me cum a little bit, I still have shit on my old druid and warrior that aren't in the game anymore.

Also.. I love the idea of my character actually progressing without raiding. I don't like raiding anymore (well, currently at least) because most of my incentive to raid post-WOTLK was gone due to literally everyone but me quitting. Stoked about that.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
When they talk about quests you've done, are they referring to ALL quests, ever, even retroactive shit from Vanilla and TBC? If so, game on!
Yes. Yes, they are.

Also:
yv5r9eF.jpg

Jboots spotted.
biggrin.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Those seem like a fun and great idea but they also said Frostmourne was going to be a legendary in Wrath, so
tongue.png
. That trinket is fucking delicious though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I so want to be excited but I see those items and then I seen them just getting nerfed into oblivion. One thing blizzard never seemed to like, fun unique actual items(ie gear you wear or permanent effects). Things like that neck are insane. I guess it's wait and see.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So they are turning wow into d3. That interests me. Maybe demonology locks will be fun with multiple pets.

Seems like they are finally tearing out all the sameness and blandeness out of the game. Seems like they are trying to make the game fun again for the first time in a decade.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully, the homogenization that has been done over time has always been a turnoff.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm really hoping they manage to pull it off decently though and it isn't a flop within 2 months. But it feels like they're changing the core of the game that has been feeling bland for years now. Hopefully WoD was just marked up as a "we fucked up" and they put 100% of their effort in Legion instead.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think melee hunters and what they talked about with Disc Priests is a good start. They need to go further and give specs new roles or really turn them on their head. How long have people wanted to warlock or mage tank? Does 1 class really need 3 ranged dps specs? Hopefully they go in that direction but we will see.

The artifact weapons sound like a fucking pain in the ass. I don't care how much catch up mechanics they have. This myth of choosing your play style when in reality whatever is doing the most damage is what chooses your playstyle. This usually changes from patch to patch and tier to tier so having to keep up 3 fucking artifact weapons sound like a pita.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Perhaps if they are willing to make things 'looser' (as in, finally fuck PvP balance since they couldn't get it right anyway) like D3 they can give individual specs more powerf in their niche - control, dots, versatility, burst, etc. They'd for sure have to abandon their homo(genization) plan, though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Well if this game has more than just figuring out what level of shitty raiding you can do to get gear you don't have to balance everything to fit in a fucking raid.

Raid balance is the new pvp balance. And it's really not new.

Maybe they finally realized that people just like killing shit and getting loot. Some ppl like to do it solo, some in a group and some in a big group. If they model it like d3 where everyone gets the same loot then I think they have a winner.

Hopefully difficulty just gets you on a leaderboard. And grinding that outbgets you more points to put on your weapon (Hi paragon pts).

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
That all sounds amazing. It also sounds like a complete 180 from what they've been doing to the game for the better part of the last five years. Pardon me if I'm more than just a little bit skeptical. If they actually do these things I'll be as happy as a pig in shit, but I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

Inque

FunEmployed
Honestly, the x-mog thing is where I'm hooked, I have quest items that I lost years ago that I'll have access too, and no more having to sit there and manage a gdamn closet of clothes.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
XMog and Demon Hunters will bring me back for sure, if they do half of what they are promising they might keep me past the first raid tier this time.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You got different, flashier models.
Yeaaaah,...no :p

Mythic being the top tier of raiding difficulty should have loot that completely sets it apart from the other tiers - Should have seriously item pieces that make you ponder completely breaking your set or not even using a set because its too good to pass up.

EQ2 had a "ton" of faults - but i did enjoy the loot there. When you were in #1 guild WW you had the loot to boot. You didnt see others running around with the same shit but a lesser version of it. This wasnt an issue before they came out with raid tier tho, hence why i did enjoy vanilla and earlier xpacs alot more than recent for raiding.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I really don't see the point of the stat squish if it was just for 1 expansion...looks like we are headed to high numbers again.

Also most thing I am hyped for is MoP raids being added to the solo buff (cuts off at Cata atm). MoP had some fantastic looking armor and weapons

xzi

Mouthbreather
Stat squish was an issue with 32-bit IIRC. At a certain point an actual number in the game would've caused crashes for everybody.

Stat squish - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft

Additionally, bosses have run into issues where their maximum health has grown too high. WoW stores health values in signed 32-bit integers, which have a maximum value of 2^31 - 1, or 2,147,483,647. Ra-den, the heroic-only boss of Throne of Thunder, starts at roughly 1,500,000,000 health in 25-player mode. As part of the fight, if players make mistakes his health could increase to the point where it would overflow. In order to avoid repeating the problem, Garrosh Hellscream must heal (from 10% to full) several times with a smaller maximum health pool than would otherwise be necessary.