World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I recall seeing it mentioned on MMO-Champ which is a legitimate news source for WoW. Could search through the last 2-3 weeks of front page stuff there.

Also I imagine any pathway to a legendary will involve a long-ish quest that probably includes whatever raid/new dungeon is current (so karazhan?) and probably multiple follower missions.

Cybsled

LOL...I just got the quest where you get to be Illidan raidboss during TBC. That shit was golden...they even had the AFK guy in the back and people bitching about people pulling aggro/begging for rez.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
LOL...I just got the quest where you get to be Illidan raidboss during TBC. That shit was golden...they even had the AFK guy in the back and people bitching about people pulling aggro/begging for rez.

Yeah that was great. I wiped all those fucks out but still lost when Maeiv showed up, what a ripoff!

Finally decided to try running a Mythic dungeon.

So, I joined a Vault of the Warden mythic pug as a healer. It was painful with three other beginners, but somehow we managed to beat the dungeon. I'm not going to lie, I had to leave the dungeon and repair my gear and then re-enter at one point.

Then I look online and it's apparently one of the harder Mythics.

Guess, I'm Mythic ready now...

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It's probably the most annoying mythic but mythics are akin to heroic dungeons in this expac. Won't be surprised to see Mythic0 added to LFD at some point.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yeah I had no prior knowledge of that encounter going into it. When it started I stared at my screen a bit stunned thinking "Did they really do what I think they did?!" Once I realized what sat in front of me I jumped to my keyboard and promptly raped the shit out of everyone grinning like a mad man. I left the the AFK rogue for last.

Best side quest ever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

So, I joined a Vault of the Warden mythic pug as a healer. It was painful with three other beginners, but somehow we managed to beat the dungeon. I'm not going to lie, I had to leave the dungeon and repair my gear and then re-enter at one point.

Don't feel bad. I did it yesterday for the first time and that second boss can eat a dick. Seriously fuck that boss.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
almost fucked myself, trying to get an angerboa from ymiron and switched loot to arms and legendary dropped, thankfully it was the bracers which drop for arms and prot. i almost lost my shit when i saw orange and thinking it was offspec.

also funny since in 4 hours i can actually equip 2 legendaries...time to farm another.

Literally horrified of this switching off of Arms loot.

We're into Mythic now & our warrior tank with two legendaries is switching over to druid. I wanna cry, but then I remember how retarded druid tanks are.

Don't feel bad. I did it yesterday for the first time and that second boss can eat a dick. Seriously fuck that boss.

Yeah that boss was nasty. No fun at all. Pain in the ass for a healer. You're mid cast on a heal and all of a sudden, you can't use the ability. Now the problem is people are taking damage from I don't know what, and my flash heal isn't working because I didn't duck out of it in time.

I got through this fight in the end by just spamming the slower heal spell and leaving the DPS to rot.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that boss was nasty. No fun at all. Pain in the ass for a healer. You're mid cast on a heal and all of a sudden, you can't use the ability. Now the problem is people are taking damage from I don't know what, and my flash heal isn't working because I didn't duck out of it in time.

I got through this fight in the end by just spamming the slower heal spell and leaving the DPS to rot.

He channels a spell that causes the next spell you cast to have some stupid amount of increased CD. So when your screen fuzzes out to indicate this is happening cast something you never cast during a fight like water walking as a resto shaman. Then turn to look at the eyes when they try to disorient and you're golden as a healer. The manadogs on the ledges can go eat a dick though, they get aggroed by some stupid hunter or mage every damn time and cause me endless headaches during mythic plus runs.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Yeah man, Vault is one of the roughest mythics on heals until you unlock Court of Stars. Elevator boss is annoying as fuck and last boss can have some pretty terrible walls, but if you can heal a Vault then you can heal any of the other ones. Last few pulls in Nelths Lair are pretty bad to heal but they are CC-able thankfully.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Always do LFR every week. It can drop ILVL 895 gear and has a higher chance of dropping a legendary than something like Heroics. Shit is faceroll easy, doesn't take long, and queues are pretty fast as dps.
This, basically.

If you're LFR-capable, the WQ are probably going to give you 830+ gear (with the usual mythic+ 840 for a dungeon every 3 day), so you're not going to get much in the way of upgrades unless it procs. Don't waste your roll tokens on LFR unless you're maxed and are not going to do mythics for the rest of the week.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I still haven't done any Mythic yet. I want to, but I am too lazy to get it organized, don't know why Normal Mythic aren't in the LFG thing.

I did all the Heroic which were trivial on both my Vengeance DH and Mistweaver Monk. I should really do Mythic, but again I am too lazy.

My server kind of sucks for Horde, I think it's like 25% horde vs 75% alliance. I looked for guild with active members during my playtime that do Mythic Dungeons, and there weren't many...or they are simply hardcore with mandatory raids requirement.

Since, I still have things to do on both the DH and Monk, I don't mind right now. I'm still considering leveling a 3rd, can't make up my mind what I should do though. :)

I'm still baffled that after 12 years, and being somewhat at the core bored of WoW, that I can still have more fun, and play for longer in an expansion than I do in most new MMO that come out. It's just ridiculous.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Going to be trying Mythics Tonight I'm just shy under 830.

I tried to send Noodle a tell last night but he never responded.
My bnet shows no missed tells. Send me one tonight, we raid at 9pm est. If you plan on coming watch the fat boss guides. Also group fills up fast.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah man, Vault is one of the roughest mythics on heals until you unlock Court of Stars. Elevator boss is annoying as fuck and last boss can have some pretty terrible walls, but if you can heal a Vault then you can heal any of the other ones. Last few pulls in Nelths Lair are pretty bad to heal but they are CC-able thankfully.

EZ mode that fight by just facing the the hole from the ramp. All the shit comes directly to you and you can't be disoriented by the eyeballs.

Noodleface Noodleface

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Anywhere for leather workers to farm to solid bank?

I have herb and mining nailed down. Was thinking on sending a pal out to that stormheim drake area.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anywhere for leather workers to farm to solid bank?

I have herb and mining nailed down. Was thinking on sending a pal out to that stormheim drake area.

For scales the stormheim area is probably about as good as that gets. For the other type of leather if you go to high mountain to that harpy area east of nessingwary the animals they are bewitching respawn damn near instantly. That area the only issue for leather workers is getting out of combat long enough to skin things. Pretty easy to get hundreds of skins there in a short period of time.

• 1Solidarity