World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hey guys we made some changes nobody wanted, it's tint to redo them to rub salt in your wounds!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not sure how to read those monk changes.

On the one hand our rotation is definitely a bit janky. On the other hand what are people cheesing that is so bad?

And why, for the love of fucking good, are they not looking at guardian druids ? This shit is absurd. AFAIK druids are the only tank being utilized for mythic guldan phase 1 because they make it easy. Pretty sure the druids are able to eat full scythes, although to be honest I'm only going off methods kill.

My monk can make it so we can 1 tank certain bosses but that's not because I'm cheesing it, that's because blizzard failed to put a hard tank swap in those fights.

Reading that book they wrote about monks has me afraid just because of how much they wrote. They're probably considering a very serious stagger overhaul and I'm a little afraid of what will come out their ass at the end.

But druids are fine.

I wonder about this stagger cap they talk about. That has me especially worried. I won't switch main again because I actually fell in love with this class, but I'm worried that 7.2.5 will drop TOS AND tank changes that are confusing or broken.

I had to check if this was an April fool's day post

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man noodle. I had no idea you were so angry about Guardian Druids. First I'm hearing about it but I'm glad you finally got it off your chest.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not but I did take it to heart when they said they didn't want to change druids because too many guilds rely on them

I get salty when we get this 30 page dissertation about one tank, but nothing to address the tanks way behind or the one tank above.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
So apparently I'm in New Dalaran and in the background I get audio for the Algalon speech they give from the Northrend Dalaran turn-in. wtf lol

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Blizz is angry monks are solo soaking bonds on Mythic Gul'dan, we can also take 100 energy felscythes on mythic just need to have 3 brews available, obviously monks need to be nerfed. brb rerolling as bear

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Goddamnit kaige this is serious

Mine is an immediate threat! That voiceover is fucking annoying as hell!

Seriously though, sucks about Brews but you know people have big mouths and make classes more visible when they outperform even in picking out milk in the supermarket with the best expiration dates.

They won't do shit with druids because its the derp tank superstar of the casual world. I joke about it all the time - show up to any elite boss in the open world and 4+ bears arrive to tank it. I stopped using Blood spec on my Death Knight and just fight them in Frost because - incoming stampede! Fucking with druids would piss off way too many characters and their base measurement for tanking raid encounters. It may seem dumb that everyone else has to "work" for their mitigation more, but keep in mind back in Vanilla and then some, tanks were asking for more to do.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
there has to be a blizz designer that plays guardian, unless they seriously nerf mark of ursol/ironfur all tanks in progression guilds will most likely be bears (as opposed to the 70% it is now).

I'm not saying the sky is falling on monks, but this is a change that no one wanted? i've never heard a monk complain about his rotation, the spec is currently pretty fun, i can see some minor changes to talents but removing the ability to keep active mitigation up longer than double the initial use time really only hurts monks/DKs and keeps druids exactly where they are.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
These are the people who silently added ilvl scaling to world mobs, I think that's kind of how they operate.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Surprised their knees haven't jerked all the way off yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
there has to be a blizz designer that plays guardian, unless they seriously nerf mark of ursol/ironfur all tanks in progression guilds will most likely be bears (as opposed to the 70% it is now).

I'm not saying the sky is falling on monks, but this is a change that no one wanted? i've never heard a monk complain about his rotation, the spec is currently pretty fun, i can see some minor changes to talents but removing the ability to keep active mitigation up longer than double the initial use time really only hurts monks/DKs and keeps druids exactly where they are.
Saying you want a cap on ISB is fine, but 12s? That forces us to use it every 6s for maximum uptime rather than bank them. WOW THAT SOUNDS FUN AS FUCK. Put a one minute cap and that's fine. It's not like it's hurting anyone anyways. We were designed this way.

Also they're the ones that designed tiger palm, keg smash, and our 4pc. It doesn't take a genius to see that at 15% haste were gonna bank several minutes of isb over a fight.

There's a lot wrong with what they're proposing, but in the end I'll just look like some angry nerd again. I'll wait to see what the actual changes are. Better monks have posted on YouTube/forums what exactly is wrong with what they're trying to do so I'll leave it to them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just purchased a char xfer while they're still on sale for an alt.

Disappeared off source realm, did not appear on destination realm (or any other, I checked). Order shows complete on battle.net website.

WOOOO Blizzard

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just purchased a char xfer while they're still on sale for an alt.

Disappeared off source realm, did not appear on destination realm (or any other, I checked). Order shows complete on battle.net website.

WOOOO Blizzard

That just happened to me about an hour ago when I purchased a server transfer. I did this and it fixed it immediately:

If you have room for two extra characters on the destination server:

1. Create a new character on that server (preferably not a DK).
2. Log into the game with that character.
3. Run to the nearest mailbox and collect/delete all mail (including letters) that you may receive on your WoW account. (If you don't get mail, you can skip this step.)
4. Log out.

This should force the character selection screen to refresh, and your transferred character should now be showing up. You can go ahead and delete the new character if this is the case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That just happened to me about an hour ago when I purchased a server transfer. I did this and it fixed it immediately:

This worked, actually didn't even need to login to a char just deleted a name holder and remade it.

Thanks, you're better than Blizzard.

Reaver

Trakanon Raider
So apparently I'm in New Dalaran and in the background I get audio for the Algalon speech they give from the Northrend Dalaran turn-in. wtf lol

It's DBM's April fools joke. Update to the latest version to get rid of it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not but I did take it to heart when they said they didn't want to change druids because too many guilds rely on them

I get salty when we get this 30 page dissertation about one tank, but nothing to address the tanks way behind or the one tank above.

Yeah, maybe they should look at druids, but like you said the tanks behind as well. What about death knights? Does literally anybody use a DK tank in anything past lfr?