World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do you have to unlock the class hadh, equip an extra artifact to get your first drop? Still sitting here with just my weapon. Recently did that unlock and will do asap on alts if it's required somehow.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Man, these Timewalk 5 mans are AIDS now. They take so fucking long.

They are 100% not worth even bothering with since the leveling change and the piss poor scaling. I still think they are double scaled between the level shit and timewalking.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I do it one run for the 500 tokens and that's it. No way I'm doing 5 for the quest unless I have a group for it.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
It also allows lower levels to join and then it doesn't seem to scale them properly? Started one last night with a lvl 104 tank and a lvl 86 rogue. Tank was getting 2 shot and the rogue was doing 1/10th of the damage of the other dps. Working as intended!

Khane

So Blizzard just stealth nerfed dungeon exp again. Not clear if it's a nerf for everyone or just when you are getting boosted through by a char that the mobs are grey to.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

It also allows lower levels to join and then it doesn't seem to scale them properly? Started one last night with a lvl 104 tank and a lvl 86 rogue. Tank was getting 2 shot and the rogue was doing 1/10th of the damage of the other dps. Working as intended!

An 86 rogue won't have their artifact weapon and traits which don't get scaled so 110s do WAY, WAY more damage and are way tankier even in shit gear. Artifacts completely fucked TW for non 110s.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So Blizzard just stealth nerfed dungeon exp again. Not clear if it's a nerf for everyone or just when you are getting boosted through by a char that the mobs are grey to.

You don't get to play your way sorry bro

• 1Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>

maxresdefault.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nerfing XP pots, RAF and implementing 7.3.5. level scaling is somewhat a way to "create" leveling content by preventing turbo leveling and rewarding non-boost rerolls with an heritage armor set. Based on current alpha content and Blizzard's "before September, 21st" BFA release date, it's their way to provide content for the next six months. There's obviously gonna be another PvP season, before-the-expac class changes and some other tweaks but right now, unless you're deep into 3v3 / RBG / Mythic raiding, there's no big deal going around, that's why FFXIV got a surget of activiy these last days.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Nerfing XP pots, RAF and implementing 7.3.5. level scaling is somewhat a way to "create" leveling content by preventing turbo leveling and rewarding non-boost rerolls with an heritage armor set. Based on current alpha content and Blizzard's "before September, 21st" BFA release date, it's their way to provide content for the next six months. There's obviously gonna be another PvP season, before-the-expac class changes and some other tweaks but right now, unless you're deep into 3v3 / RBG / Mythic raiding, there's no big deal going around, that's why FFXIV got a surget of activiy these last days.

Not sure if actively trying to piss off your playerbase is the best way to get them to stick around though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It seems like it would have been a zillion times easier to just hand a small exp penalty to the subraces up until the expansion officially launches.

Khane

They are saying there was a bug with dungeon experience while boosting and that they also increased experience for appropriate level characters running dungeons:

Hi all, From WoW’s earliest days, we’ve always had to take steps to limit experience gains for characters when grouped with someone of a drastically higher level. We recently became aware of a bug introduced in 7.3.5: a side-effect of the vastly expanded creature scaling was causing the logic to break when awarding XP in some situations. Earlier today, we applied a hotfix to creature experience that corrects this issue. At the same time, we have significantly increased the experience awarded through queuing for random Normal dungeons from Classic through Draenor content. Running dungeons at the appropriate should feel rewarding, whether as a complement to or even an complete alternative to questing. As always, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep a close eye on the pacing of the leveling experience in 7.3.5 and beyond.

So nerf to boosting, gain for normal dungeon running which is fine if true, though some people were saying normal groups were getting the nerfed exp as well.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just ran Blood Maul Slag Mines with my 110 DH and 93 Warrior. All mobs are 100+ and green to the 110. For 90-100 I was going to keep 3 toons in rested and slowly level them up over the next 2 weeks, until my RaF ends.

Yesterday I was getting:
Trash: 2000 - 3000 xp (Rested & 20% xp pot)
Bosses: 12,000 - 15,000 xp (Rested & 20% xp pot)
100,000 xp for the completion bonus Quest (20% xp pot)

Minutes ago I was getting:
Trash: 80 - 200 xp (Rested & 20% xp pot)
Bosses: 800 - 1000 xp (Rested & 20% xp pot)
100,000 xp for completion bonus quest (20% xp pot)

It may still be faster to speed through Slag Mines with a 110, just for the 100,000 bonus quest. If I jump in the lava at the end, I might be able to get it down to ~5 min per run, but hopefully not hit the 10 instances per hour cap).

Khane

I guess they take into account the difference in levels between lowest and highest char or just look at what the appropriate level range is and say "Sorry, no exp" even if 1 level over it.

I feel that open world bonus objectives are the best and fastest way to level through WoD. Gorgrond at 92 + all Gorgrond Monster Hunter bosses (they each drop a quest item) -> Talador -> Spires and pick up treasures along the way. At 98 you can go to Legion.

It takes me about 2-3 hours to go from 92-98 with no rested and no potions that way and it's not as mind numbing as dungeon boosting.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Khane said:
... At the same time, we have significantly increased the experience awarded through queuing for random Normal dungeons from Classic through Draenor content. Running dungeons at the appropriate should feel rewarding, whether as a complement to or even an complete alternative to questing.

At last, thank Christ! Took those numb-skulls waaaaaay too long to fix this.

I've got two alts parked in the 60s going nowhere, because the thought of doing even one more quest in Outland or Northrend right now makes me want to blow my brains out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When I was reading about the game I was pretty surprised to hear Outland and Northrend are still a thing. I was under the impression that the new scaling shit was for everything, so you could do like the Barrens at 70 or whatever but it seems it caps to before Outland, then you can do Outland/Northrend to 80 and then it's panda/wod stuff or something. Seems like a weird way to go, especially since Cata happens after Outland/Northrend chronologically? And also Outlands/Northrend hasn't been reworked so it's old as shit.

They should just make it a feature where you have like a special quest book with all the main questlines listed in it chronologically and it's account wide. Whenever you clear one, it unlocks in the book, you can read up a summary and it lets you see where to go next(clicking on it gives you a breadcrumb quest sending you to the start or shows the prereqs if any). Tracks horde/alliance, so you can tell what you've never done and shit. And then make everything scaleable 10-110, so you can do literally what you want. If you want to follow the story you can follow the book in the right order to know where to go and not get confused, if you just want to lvl an alt you can go to the least shitty zones and do these instead.

Anyway wanted to pick this up again but having to pay 20+bucks for Legion mere months before it becomes free seems like a waste of money, I'll just wait for a few weeks before BfA, resub, level shit to 100 before Legion and when BfA hits I'll just do the legion stuff. I read that there's stuff gone forever, but it's mostly weapon skins from the legendary stuff and mounts becomes rare instead of 100% droprate from raid, I can live without these. Wish preordering BfA gave Legion but I can see why they wouldn't do it since you can just cancel the preorder.

• 1Like