World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BFA quest design was the worst the game has seen.

You sure?

d92.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In terms of polish and speed of transitions from area to area it hits. Its the only thing that floated the expansion. BFA had nothing else to offer launch besides the quest areas were clean reliable and rapid. Was able to get 3 to 4 alts up and running without breaking a sweat, which I've never done in any other expac.

Legion had so many holes and gaps it was obnoxious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know the WoW lore is laughed at by everyone but as a returning player that does want to plow through the story of BFA its so damn disjointed.The newest quest line story being available before you finish the old questline. Two different warchiefs in the same spot and wondering what what the actual timeline is.

Some people might not like the FFXIV approach with the main story quest gating new content but I really liked that. Keeps the story enjoyable for the ones who care.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
Some weird phasing made me chuckle this weekend. Was doing the Vulpera unlock quest and there some dialogue with Baine (?) sitting in the Warchief room, and just next to him was standing Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief>

Merrith

I know the WoW lore is laughed at by everyone but as a returning player that does want to plow through the story of BFA its so damn disjointed.The newest quest line story being available before you finish the old questline. Two different warchiefs in the same spot and wondering what what the actual timeline is.

Some people might not like the FFXIV approach with the main story quest gating new content but I really liked that. Keeps the story enjoyable for the ones who care.

That was a super weird thing leveling an alt later on in the expac. Having the early war campaign stuff available alongside the 8.3 stuff and the 8.2 stuff. I assume when you do the chromie time leveling shit it's not like that?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I leveled up an alliance character a few months ago, and I started doing what I guess was one of the initial quest lines of finding Jaina. I was in the middle of that, and somewhere I picked up another quest line that led to a cut scene of Jaina talking to some other people in the city. It completely broke the immersion (lol I know) of the initial quest line, but I had no way of knowing the quest I picked up was meant for AFTER the one I was on.

They need some kind of story mode option for later in the expansion. I know they're all about letting people catch up quickly, but for people who hop on for a month or two in the middle of an expansion it would be nice to have some way of disabling the new quests/storylines until you do the initial ones. Just something like a checkbox in the quest journal that grays out sequenced quests.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Story mode? How about just a coding check to grey the pick up quest or not "Jaina Lost Quest = true/false". I mean, I cant imagine that being "too" hard since they track quest completion. But hell, what do I know.. Im not a coder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Story mode? How about just a coding check to grey the pick up quest or not "Jaina Lost Quest = true/false". I mean, I cant imagine that being "too" hard since they track quest completion. But hell, what do I know.. Im not a coder.
What you describe is a "flag", it's a very advanced coding technique and would probably add a few gigabytes to the file size.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I know most of you hate streamers n shit, but watching these guys go through WOTLK content at lvl 30 with two guys that have no idea what to do being the raid leaders is really entertaining

It took them 5 hours to figure out 3 drake obsidian sanctum lmao

really makes you wish these fuckers still knew how to make good content

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I haven't looked at WoW since early Legion. Do they have dynamic level adjusting like GW2 yet, or still just doing squishes every other year?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I know most of you hate streamers n shit, but watching these guys go through WOTLK content at lvl 30 with two guys that have no idea what to do being the raid leaders is really entertaining

It took them 5 hours to figure out 3 drake obsidian sanctum lmao

really makes you wish these fuckers still knew how to make good content
Slightly disappointing they won't be able to do the military wing without bringing in a higher level priest ringer with MC learned though.

Araxen

WTF, the servers are still down.

Edit: and they are back up.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Slightly disappointing they won't be able to do the military wing without bringing in a higher level priest ringer with MC learned though.

Yeah that's unfortunate MC is so high lvl now
does gnomish mind control cap work on npcs? lol just uh get like 20 engineers in the raid :p

Daidraco

already bored with wow. Guess it was a good run. Made it to 25
Granted, there is shit all content that we havent done ad nauseam at the moment - but I believe if I didnt have a single person I knew that still played the game, I would have quit ages ago.

• 1Like