World of Warcraft: Current Year

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Crafting has all that stuff and more. Doesnt matter though, because you've already seen through the veil.

Delves will gear a person up to ~610 on the very first day they reach 80. The following week, with the crafting tokens and the maps, theyll get up to around 613. The next week, another 2-3 item level gain.

Delves were a double edged blade. They were a great addition to the game for the casual audience. But the rewards that they distribute, at the low difficulty they are - flooded everyones item level. If I had the data spread sheet, I would be willing to bet there are more people that are in the Heroic Raiding item level range than there have ever been in the past. So.. at 613-616... Tell me, where would a person logically go to get an upgrade from there? Are they going to ideally want to farm out a bunch of crests? Or are they going to want to walk right into a +7 or higher, and start there? Or, are they going to want a chance at side upgrades or fill in missing spots with Heroic raiding? Or start at Mythic raiding tier?

Then the realization that neither of those are viable options and give up. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see how poorly thought out all of this was.
I'm just tired of the only way to progress being mythic and raiding. If they let people go HAM on raids and mythic to get geared up as fast as they wanted to, but let other paths get you to max ilevel 1/2 - 2/3 the way through the season it would make for a much richer game experience.

If I were making the next xpac I would make all gear have the same levelling mehanic as heirlooms, except at max level you have shared unlocks for higher ilevels per slot. Warlock gets a 626 trinket? Great, all toons at 80 have 636 trinkets now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Season 1 RaiderIO data:
2024-10-22 14.23.11 www.wowhead.com 354cd414636e.png

2024-10-22 14.20.38 www.wowhead.com 56dac883ad28.png

2024-10-22 14.20.48 www.wowhead.com 7a939fbf1ee9.png

2024-10-22 14.21.09 www.wowhead.com e4f936e9ba41.png

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feels like Im actually talking to Tim Walz in here, jeez. But I get what you're saying moonarchia moonarchia .

In other news - If you're actually still playing... This patch is fucking... Huge.. Like the Paladin stuff has been teased to us and Yoda went over it a bit. But the actual changes that are in the patch for Paladin ALONE are long af. Like plenty of stuff to be happy about, but the Fist* of Justice rework and the lower timer? Yes, please. There is a tank buster in every single dungeon's trash - more independence in shutting that bullshit down is a sign me tf up moment. Talent point redistribution to a lot of dumb shit, too. Really "grinded my gears" that we had multiple required talents that were basically nullified by Sentinel. Looks like they handled "most" of that, which is legit. Damage is up substantially. Like they increase Judgement's damage, and also reduced its cooldown there and in the tree. Increased WOG healing, increased Armor from Righteousness... Looking at Burns Burns chart - I cant imagine Pallies wont swell up in the tank section.

I mean, that shits getting me all hot and bothered. The Warlock talents on the other hand, they havent touched Affliction - its the red headed stepchild of the season I guess. Juvarisx Juvarisx - Looks like Warriors getting a couple minor kick in the nuts in the DPS tree. I feel like limiting your AOE targets was more aimed at the Protection tree, but Arms seems to have got hit too.

I was already soloing BFA raids whenever I was that bored, but they fixed SL's raids to be soloable now and you can save the transmog for tier pieces from other classes now too. Can now pull reagents from your warband bank which will save me from flipping 50 million times for Virisent Spores or w/e.

All in all - fantastic patch. Wish it addressed some of the major bitching points in some type of way, but it is fantastic nonetheless.

Last edited:

Juvarisx

Florida
Feels like Im actually talking to Tim Walz in here, jeez. But I get what you're saying moonarchia moonarchia .

In other news - If you're actually still playing... This patch is fucking... Huge.. Like the Paladin stuff has been teased to us and Yoda went over it a bit. But the actual changes that are in the patch for Paladin ALONE are long af. Like plenty of stuff to be happy about, but the First of Justice rework and the lower timer? Yes, please. There is a tank buster in every single dungeon's trash - more independence in shutting that bullshit down is a sign me tf up moment. Talent point redistribution to a lot of dumb shit, too. Really "grinded my gears" that we had multiple required talents that were basically nullified by Sentinel. Looks like they handled "most" of that, which is legit. Damage is up substantially. Like they increase Judgement's damage, and also reduced its cooldown there and in the tree. Increased WOG healing, increased Armor from Righteousness... Looking at Burns Burns chart - I cant imagine Pallies wont swell up in the tank section.

I mean, that shits getting me all hot and bothered. The Warlock talents on the other hand, they havent touched Affliction - its the red headed stepchild of the season I guess. Juvarisx Juvarisx - Looks like Warriors getting a couple minor kick in the nuts in the DPS tree. I feel like limiting your AOE targets was more aimed at the Protection tree, but Arms seems to have got hit too.

I was already soloing BFA raids whenever I was that bored, but they fixed SL's raids to be soloable now and you can save the transmog for tier pieces from other classes now too. Can now pull reagents from your warband bank which will save me from flipping 50 million times for Virisent Spores or w/e.

All in all - fantastic patch. Wish it addressed some of the major bitching points in some type of way, but it is fantastic nonetheless.

The nerfs still let damage occur past 5 targets its just reduced at that point instead of 8.

It ends up being very small since Thunderous Roar dot damage was not touched and Odyns Fury hurts a few raid fights more then the average pull size in M+ at 9-10 and beyond. Noone plays Slayer in M+ anymore so the overwhelmed stuff is essentially raid only. With the buff Bloodthirst and Raging Blow increasing our ST in all situations its more or less a wash and since I just PUG and tanks dont pull around cooldowns at all it may end up being a buff for my situation (which is the one most players are in).

Still would like to see Fury / Arms get bloodlust and a talent to change shockwave into a knockdown instead of a stun, but That kinda stuff wouldnt happen till 11.1.

Also they are nerfing Frost DK and Arcane Mage today so maybe it will allow non FOTM invites a lil more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just for Sunfury. Spellslinger Arcane is still doing the same thing in AOE that Sunfury used to do.

The patch just forces Sunfury Arcane for raiding ST and Spellslinger for M+ to avoid the nerf. Although the nerf barely registered so wouldn't surprise me if Arcane is still running Sunfury in high keys.

Just watched Preheat go through the sims.