World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
But not just the addicts. They want to shoot all the people using properly prescribed prescription drugs as well.

I haven't participated in GDKP runs in WoW but I have in EQ and all of them were more efficiently ran with people putting in more effort than 90% of the raids in the corresponding uber guild of the server.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I have to buy gold now that i cant get free gold every week running in GDKP's. Thanks blizzard.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't play wow. I never bought gold, and i don't care what others do with their money, but it is funny to see all those having a so hard stance in political subforum suddenly acting like it should be different in the game they play. The hypocrisy is strong ! But they will never admit it and nothing must be tried.
You must be new here.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ignoring all the useless bickering back and forth posts, who's pumped for Thursday!?

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ignoring all the useless bickering back and forth posts, who's pumped for Thursday!?
TL;DR - Whats thursday? The next phase? Whats the level cap then? The raid? etc. Its what I keep coming to the thread for, but this thread has been rife with tangents for most of its life.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Phase 2 release, level cap is 40. Next raid is Gnomeregan, but they have added new loot to SM as well. PvP event is based in STV this phase, and every 3 hours for 30 minutes pvp is free for all where you can kill your own faction.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Biggest change is the inevitable level 40 mount. Boy will it be nice not walking everywhere.

• 2Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Phase 2 release, level cap is 40. Next raid is Gnomeregan, but they have added new loot to SM as well. PvP event is based in STV this phase, and every 3 hours for 30 minutes pvp is free for all where you can kill your own faction.

Did you ever get feral hammer from BFD? My alt got it the other week randomly.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
There is also an opt-out if you don't want to be ganked during Blood Moon.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Don't worry this will be my last post on the topic, unless a response is requested/required. At least now no one is arguing that GDKPs aren't responsible for/directly connected to RMT. The only thing left is the blame.

Listen guys I get it, nobody wants to have a mirror held up to them and admit what part they play in all this degeneracy. How our complacency, and then acceptance has led to this sort of monetization of gameplay. We cry about predatory cash shops and loot boxes and other shit game design developers try and pull but we are the ones who told them this shit was ok and go ahead and fleece the whales which became fleece the fucking player base with half ass expansions and subscription based drip DLCs.

We all want to just show up, press our buttons, get our purple parses and collect our share of the gold pot with our fingers in our ears and hands covering our eyes not questioning where the fuck all the gold is coming from. We want to act like we're just the hired muscle, we're just following orders, we're not responsible for the degenerates and their compulsive addiction problems, the economy being in shambles or entire swaths of the game world are just unplayable from legions of bots running around feeding that shit.

We used to name and shame this kind of behavior, we would chase these kind of players off our servers, or at least underground where we wouldn't see it. Now here we are 20 years later collecting our cut and acting like its a-ok. No one wants to admit that tolerating became enabling became participating and that makes us fucking complicit in all this shit.

People that think the solution to banning gold buying and botting is to ban GDKP’s are the same people who think taking away guns is the solution to gun violence.
shit analogy, here's a better one.

20 years ago we as in society used to shame women for being whores. Sure there were still whores out there, working girls, etc, but it was not accepted or tolerated by society. That slowly started to change. At first we tolerated it, then we accepted it, we "empowered" it, and now it's everywhere. Women out there hitting triple digit body counts before they graduate college. 300lb tranny hambeasts like fucking gorlok the destroyer actually getting action from multiple dudes.

Now we sit back and say "Dude it doesn't affect me, i'm 45 married with 3 kids, it's not like i'm out there having to deal with trying to date these thots and onlyfan whores. So what if I like her instagram pics? Ok yeah so i slid her 5 bucks on her onlyfans because I wanted to jerk off to videos of her shoving a pineapple up her ass. I didn't make her a whore, i'm just participating. i'm just enabling. i'm just feeding her narcissism and giving her validation."

and then there's some of us who are like "yeah i'm middle aged but i'm banging a new whore every night these bitches are so easy now with their daddy issues, it's not like i'm going to marry one of these sluts, so the moral decay and breakdown of society is actually a plus for me!"

You do you, but nobody is innocent here.

There is no such thing as a "clean" GDKP. we're all complicit.

In other news one of the GDKPs from wrath that also operates on SoD is moving to a pure cash GDKP. literally just USD bids using paypal. The percentage of players who find this idea abhorrent is truly eye opening in how its not 100%. I originally thought maybe only 20% of GDKPers where degenerate scum but that number is probably closer to 30-40%.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How long does it take to level the Sanctimony skill that high?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
not half as long as it took you to level your delusion to those truly impressive god like levels

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't make some sort of DKP system that isn't tradable and grants tokens modified by performance criteria so that it's a universal currency. Then just don't allow gold trading outside your account. If you want spreadsheet DKP run a guild, if you want to run PUGs use the game currency and grind content.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't make some sort of DKP system that isn't tradable and grants tokens modified by performance criteria so that it's a universal currency. Then just don't allow gold trading outside your account. If you want spreadsheet DKP run a guild, if you want to run PUGs use the game currency and grind content.
Because that’s unnecessary effort.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It was a nice try but we're back the nonsense. But I am excited. Some good changes from current phase. And with more levels/talents/runes, should open up play some more.

As a feral, I wish I was getting ability to redirect combo points like rogues. I would also kill to be able to drink a potion without it taking me out of form.

Honestly the FFA in stv just sounds fun. I want to try a 5 man stealth group at least once in that event. 3 rogues and 2 druids(Feral + healer).

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
It was a nice try but we're back the nonsense. But I am excited. Some good changes from current phase. And with more levels/talents/runes, should open up play some more.

As a feral, I wish I was getting ability to redirect combo points like rogues. I would also kill to be able to drink a potion without it taking me out of form.

Honestly the FFA in stv just sounds fun. I want to try a 5 man stealth group at least once in that event. 3 rogues and 2 druids(Feral + healer).
I'm playing feral as well - focused on tanking... which has been rough so far. I'd kill for some tanking improvements as I think right now we're the worst tank.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
I really thought Ossoi had cemented himself as our most autistic but here comes Sylas down the home stretch to take back his throne.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm super excited, P2 looks awesome. Warriors seem like they are the weakest right now, which is a shame. But, we'll see.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I say give casters their phase in the sun. Hopefully p3 they start to figure out a better balance and by level 60 it's at least slightly ironed out. But that's a pipe dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm super excited, P2 looks awesome. Warriors seem like they are the weakest right now, which is a shame. But, we'll see.
Given typical dominance, I worldview be shocked they as a dev team would go out of their way to try and make them be bottom of the pile on purpose