X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wonder Woman, Silk Spectre, super girl, Emma Frost
Yeah you are kinda proving my point here:
*Wonder Woman has been redesigned a bit away from the red/blue underwear thing of the past, you can see the influences of the old costume but it's a hell of a lot more sensible with the tweaks.
*I haven't seen Watchmen (isn't it some sort of satire anyway?) but googling that costume it looks a little silly. It's probably meant to be that way considering what it is.
*The Superman costume was finally redesigned to lose the red underwear. For Supergirl, a skirt isn't as bad as underwear and it's probably too iconic to change at this point, the sillyness doesn't break immersion if it's been ingrained into popular culture for so long.
*Emma Frost looked retarded.
*Scarlet Witch is an example of a stupid comic book bathing suit costume with a cape which was redesigned to not look stupid in real life.

I don't know how they managed to half realise this and change the costumes of every hero in X-Men but not give the villians the same treatment.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure that's just Storm's Marvel Now costume, hard to be sure without a front view. So yeah, you can use female costumes just fine.

*edit*

Basically Chris is just stupid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty sure that's just Storm's Marvel Now costume, hard to be sure without a front view. So yeah, you can use female costumes just fine.

*edit*

Basically Chris is just stupid.
How can you look at those two women side by side and think that Storm was the one I was talking about? Who is stupid again!?

I didn't realise that was Storm but she looks fine from that angle, has a bit of an Egyptian vibe going on which fits Apocalypse's backstory and appears to have leggings on. Storm is even another example of a hero who had a costume redesign (in the other movies).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes you were obviously talking about Psylocke genius, I was refuting your claim that you can't wear the comic book costumes by pointing out that Storm's costume is straight out of the comic books.

And if you couldn't immediately tell that was Storm you should get the FUCK out of the thead and never comment on anything to do with comics ever again.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Watched days of future past tonight with Mrs. Izo, was really sweet. Anywho, she asked me how old Xavier (Sir Patrick Stewart) can be alive - didn't he die in the last one, tomb stone and all. I had no idea, different timeline, something. What say the mighty Marvel connoisseurs?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a post-credits scene in X-3 where he brainswapped with his braindead twin that they showed in a coma with Dr MacTaggert earlier in the movie.

I had no clue either, so I too was wondering how old Xavier was still alive.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I thought they just pretended X-3 never existed like I did.
Yeah that's what I assumed at first too, but no, all the old movies were canon...until the timeline changed. Now the events of X-3 really did never happen.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean, technically it didn't anymore. But the end credit scene of x3 brought back Charles. That was one of my biggest beefs (among many) that they had the guts to kill of Chuck, but not enough to actually stick with it

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah but Xavier can't be dead. I mean aren't the only two timelines where Xavier dies Age of Apocalypse and House of M? Both horribly bleak dystopian realities. I guess it's different for me because I didn't find out about the post-credits scene until like 5 years later.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Guys look terrible, girls look badass though

22.jpg
It looks like they shaved her entire head and then glued on a hawkpiece. She's the best looking one of the lot but that still sticks out.

Caliane

Xavier is dead now. And was disgraced/exiled from the Xmen for some time before that.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but Xavier can't be dead. I mean aren't the only two timelines where Xavier dies Age of Apocalypse and House of M? Both horribly bleak dystopian realities. I guess it's different for me because I didn't find out about the post-credits scene until like 5 years later.
Pretty sure he's gone in X-Tinction Agenda and E is for Extinction, as well. Although I'm getting confused just trying to keep all the Secret Wars storylines straight.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I mean, technically it didn't anymore. But the end credit scene of x3 brought back Charles. That was one of my biggest beefs (among many) that they had the guts to kill of Chuck, but not enough to actually stick with it
Holy shit. Movie is from 2006 and I never saw the end credits until today. Thank you, nerds!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Chuck has been dead since AvX, Cyclops saw to that. They almost fucked up and brought him back in Axis, but he's still dead, and there's currently no profX in Secret Wars.

This also ties in w/ Legion, sorta trying to do something? but fuck him, his storylines are always suck, in the end, Legion made it so Legion never existed, i think or something shit like that, anyway... Secret Wars.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok so I don't actually keep up with current stories. You still need a much better reason to kill Xavier than 'Jean has gone berserk in a retelling of the Phoenix story that is a total abortion'.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oops, that's one of the Secret Wars i didn't keep up with, holy shit ton too many, is it good? i doubt it w/o Jim Lee, not truly a 90s Xmen.