X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Couple things -

1) Charles can walk again...starts in a wheel chair then is walking on his own when they bust out magneto. Not sure that they are going to do to explain that.
2) Future Fighting looks good. Bishop shooting through Blinks portal is cool. Seems like Blinks teleportation is like the Portal Gun.
3) Somehow Magneto is in jail? Weird how they have that going.
4) Thought about Bone Claws a minute. If this is in the 70s it makes sense. In Origins he didnt get adamantium until the 80s then lost his memory. So Logan is going back into his body from the 70s and I think it must be just after he abandons Strikers team since he was fighting in Vietnam when Striker recruited him. So this may lead to Wolverine not having adamantium in the sequel to this as well.
5) Love the idea that in 20 years between this movie and the original X Men, Xavier goes from a young angry drunk McAvoy who is like 30 to Stoic leader Patrick Stewart age 60.
6) Time Travel Aspects...Obviously this creates a new timeline when they alter the past. But it doesnt make sense. So we are led to think that Patrick Stewart sends Wolverine back 50 years to stop the sentinels from being made in the 70s. But by that logic shouldnt there have been Sentinels in all the other X Men Movies? I dont see how there wasnt Sentinels killing Magneto in the 3rd movie when he starts a war.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Couple things -

1) Charles can walk again...starts in a wheel chair then is walking on his own when they bust out magneto. Not sure that they are going to do to explain that.
2) Future Fighting looks good. Bishop shooting through Blinks portal is cool. Seems like Blinks teleportation is like the Portal Gun.
3) Somehow Magneto is in jail? Weird how they have that going.
4) Thought about Bone Claws a minute. If this is in the 70s it makes sense. In Origins he didnt get adamantium until the 80s then lost his memory. So Logan is going back into his body from the 70s and I think it must be just after he abandons Strikers team since he was fighting in Vietnam when Striker recruited him. So this may lead to Wolverine not having adamantium in the sequel to this as well.
5) Love the idea that in 20 years between this movie and the original X Men, Xavier goes from a young angry drunk McAvoy who is like 30 to Stoic leader Patrick Stewart age 60.
6) Time Travel Aspects...Obviously this creates a new timeline when they alter the past. But it doesnt make sense. So we are led to think that Patrick Stewart sends Wolverine back 50 years to stop the sentinels from being made in the 70s. But by that logic shouldnt there have been Sentinels in all the other X Men Movies? I dont see how there wasnt Sentinels killing Magneto in the 3rd movie when he starts a war.
Sending Wolverine back in time to stop the Sentinels is what causes the Sentinels to be built.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I checked that out, out of curiosity because I thought McAvoy was older - he's 35, but holy shit, Patrick Stewart is 74. Clearly the result of some kind of demonic pact.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I checked that out, out of curiosity because I thought McAvoy was older - he's 35, but holy shit, Patrick Stewart is 74. Clearly the result of some kind of demonic pact.
Fuck Jesus. I pray to Patrick Stewart. I see the results.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Remember the danger room scene in X-men 3. They are fighting a Sentinel to train the younger X-men. So after X-men 3 the logic is that the Sentinel program gets put into high gear and that's what cause this war that makes them send Wolverine back in time.

However it seems when they go back to stop the war by confronting the Sentinel program head on sooner to stop it, it gets put into overdrive now in the 70's as opposed to the early 2000's.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Magneto in jail was spoiled by the (pretty cool) tie-in website.

They think the Brotherhood killed Kennedy as retaliation for Cuba. All of the other B-villains from First Class have been killed off as a result. Only Mystique is still at large.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Magneto in jail was spoiled by the (pretty cool) tie-in website.

They think the Brotherhood killed Kennedy as retaliation for Cuba. All of the other B-villains from First Class have been killed off as a result. Only Mystique is still at large.
That's so ridiculously lame. Tell me this is a joke.

spronk

FPS noob
watch the movie filth, it stars mcavoy as a totally fucked up scottish cop and is a nice way to roll into x-men. he's a good actor, also has a lot of pussy and dick shots in it

i wonder what % of this movie has stewart and mckellan in it, hope its more than the first 10 minutes

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, it was a pretty lame explanation for azazel and others not being in this one, but at least we got that... Also, the bent bullet theory had a lot of work put into it. I'm all kinds of meh about this movie just because of how poorly the series has gone. but again, at least we got SOME explanation and they didn't just avoid the topic. azazel and the others are GREAT characters in the comics. in the movies though? he had, what... 4 lines? not a big loss.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, it was a pretty lame explanation for azazel and others not being in this one, but at least we got that... Also, the bent bullet theory had a lot of work put into it. I'm all kinds of meh about this movie just because of how poorly the series has gone. but again, at least we got SOME explanation and they didn't just avoid the topic. azazel and the others are GREAT characters in the comics. in the movies though? he had, what... 4 lines? not a big loss.
I wasn't expecting Azazel to be in this one, but come on, Nightcrawler's badass teleport spamming dad got killed in a fucking gun fight? After he rampaged his way through that CIA facility without a scratch? It rustles my nerd jimmies. I wonder if he knocked up Mystique before he died.