X-Men: Days of Future Past.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was never really a fan of mystique. I don't hate her but i don't need her cirque due soleil fight scenes either. But that scene with Charles and Eric was powerful

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Excited. I know some people didn't like wolverine but goddamn that movie was good.
1389474549137.jpg

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
So basically this version of Quicksilver is Speed Force fast.
I don't know about speed force fast but in the comic books he can move at Mach 10.

Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds. Originally capable of running at the speed of sound; exposure to the High Evolutionary's Isotope E made it possible for the character to run at supersonic speeds of up to Mach 10 and resist the effects of friction, reduced oxygen, and kinetic impact while moving at super-speeds.

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about speed force fast but in the comic books he can move at Mach 10.
Yeah, but in that clip he was Speed Force fast, which is exponentially faster than Mach 10. He was standing around watching stuff pretty much frozen in time. That's way too fucking fast if you want any other character in the movie to do, well, anything. Sentinels? Fuck them, he could pull out a screwdriver, undo an access panel, and rip out a processor before the Sentinel even knew he was there at those kinds of speeds.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Mach 10 is 3409 m/s. Average human running speed is a bit over 2 m/s. So he would be moving easily 1000 times faster than anyone else. Mach 10 speed is definitely fast enough to make everyone else appear to be frozen.

However, I agree with you that at that kind of speed, he wouldn't need anyone else to stop the sentinels unless he has some significant downsides after moving at that speed (like needs to sleep for a week).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well I assume he just disappears from the movie after rescuing Magneto, as you don't see him in the 'you abandoned us all' scene. I also wasn't complaining about how fast they made him, since it might be the coolest looking scene in X-men since the assault on the White House.

My guess is he's sort of a mercenary, in that he has no real vested interest in the save the future plan, so they convince him to rescue Magneto and then he's like 'see yall later'.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mach 10 is 3409 m/s. Average human running speed is a bit over 2 m/s. So he would be moving easily 1000 times faster than anyone else. Mach 10 speed is definitely fast enough to make everyone else appear to be frozen.
I didn't havet he patience to research too heavily, but normal video is 24fps and this is supposedly 2400fps, so I guess this is how everything would look to him going at 1000x faster?

Though I guess he's more like 1700 times faster so....almost double that?

Void

BAU BAU
<Gold Donor>
Without more in-depth research all we can do is really guess, but even if we took Grimmlokk's video and cut it in half again, perhaps we'd get what it would look like at Mach 10. So I'll give you that. However, you're missing the fact that he was then also moving at blurred speeds INSIDE that stand-still scene (at the very end in particular). So he's basically going like Mach 10...inside Mach 10.

Can't explain that!

khalid

Unelected Mod
edit: I was dumb

Regardless, if you were going Mach 10 in a room like that, the shockwaves from the sonic booms would be blowing everything around anyway. You wouldn't have to do shit to anyone. Certainly not pull someones underwear to make them go flying.

Goatface

tired to understand the speed force and the flash awhile back and it got to femtoseconds (one quadrillionth of a second) i gave up.

i know nothing of QS, but it does look pretty neat.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
edit: I was dumb

Regardless, if you were going Mach 10 in a room like that, the shockwaves from the sonic booms would be blowing everything around anyway. You wouldn't have to do shit to anyone. Certainly not pull someones underwear to make them go flying.
Superhero effect. Sort of like how Superman's clothes don't get torn to shreds every time he moves.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Superhero effect. Sort of like how Superman's clothes don't get torn to shreds every time he moves.
yeah, but the rest of us aren't superheroes. HE can withstand the friction of speeds that fast, but the people around him can't. that's the equivalent of shooting a human sized bullet at a target NEXT to you. it'd still tear you to shreds. SUPERHERO PHYSICS LAWL

it reminds me of that one story that circulated in the 90's about the reality of santa claus and how he'd have to travel at something like mach 14 in order to get deliver presents to all the children in the world in one night. but that he'd also have to go from 0 to mach 14 in like, 0.0000005 seconds which would, in effect, cause such a force as to equal a 10 megaton bomb every time he took off.

Goatface

at some point superman was protected by an aura which would extend to anything he holds. don't know if that is still the case. the speed force can (at will?) eliminate all bad effects around flash, one of the reasons he is better than sups in cities/around people.