Your games of the year!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
FO4 hands down. No game has sucked me in this much since EQ1. Story could be better, but damn what a sandbox.

Honorable mention would probably go to Wasteland 2: Directors Cut, which I could not stop playing..... until FO4 arrived.

I know Witcher 3 is a great game, but I just could not get into it, mostly due to the mashy clunky combat. Maybe when I finish my second playthrough of FO4 I will give it another shot.
Oh Wasteland 2 counts? I guess Wasteland 2 is my #2 and Divinity Original Sin is #3

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Witcher 3 by far. Everything is amazing, story, combat graphics. One of my favorite games ever.

Honorable mentions: Pillars of Eternity and Vermintide.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
(Dark Souls 2 - Scholars edition - Not sure if this belongs here as it is a remake of sorts)
Fallout 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Metal Gear Solid 5

There is a invisible gap between the top three and the rest, because Bloodborne and Witcher 3 were superb on a scale of their own. Between them they are GOTY in most categories. Overall Witcher 3 might be right up there as a contender for one of my favorite games of all time, not just this year.

spronk

FPS noob
Wow Syndicate is that good hunh? I bought it on the sale just haven't touched it yet due to Tomb Raider, and Witcher 3 playthroughs
Syndicate is fan service to AC2 fans, and I am a huge AC2 fan so I loved it. If you didn't like AC2 nothing in AC6 will change your mind.

The one thing thats a bit of a bummer for Tomb Raider and AC Syndicate is the feminism/SJW intrusions. Neither are really that big, but you can see how stuff got changed around to appeal to women. Like in previous AC games you had bands of hookers (you even ran a brothel in AC2), but thats gone in AC6. Evie Fry has a weird dumb romance in AC6, Jacob Fry doesn't really have one. There is a tranny character (FtM) in AC6, but he's just "there" and they never really talk anything about it, which I guess is what people would want? None of it really bothers me, but it feels like stuff done to try to appeal to a wide audience whereas the old games would do shit just to appeal to me, a middle aged gaming man who is playing games cuz he isn't getting laid tonight. Same with RoTR, all the sexy Lara outfits are gone, replaced by sensible cold weather gear. Makes sense, but man I had lots of laughs in the old TR games wearing bikinis and shit in the freezing weather and staring at Lara's ass.

basically my white male privilege is not as good as it used to be
frown.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the real problem is that it's really designed to appeal to male "feminists" not actual women. But that's probably a topic for the GG thread anyway.

Also, the previous Tomb Raider game already got rid of all the weird/sexy outfits back in 2013. The base game had her in a normal outfit, and all the DLC was just ugly and/or dirty variations on the same theme.

I definitely need to power my way through the AC series once I finish Fallout 4 though. I've been stalled on Revelations and AC3 for years because they are just so bad. If Syndicate is like AC2 I'll love it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well both aren't selling well so that appealing to a wide audience thing doesn't always work. Unity and TRs release didn't help matters either.

I hear Ac:S is great and I'm about to finish TR. Love it.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
(Dark Souls 2 - Scholars edition - Not sure if this belongs here as it is a remake of sorts)
Fallout 4
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Pillars of Eternity
Wasteland 2
Metal Gear Solid 5

There is a invisible gap between the top three and the rest, because Bloodborne and Witcher 3 were superb on a scale of their own. Between them they are GOTY in most categories. Overall Witcher 3 might be right up there as a contender for one of my favorite games of all time, not just this year.
I consciously omitted Scholar from my list, but if we're counting it, it's up there with Bloodborne.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
If we're just talking 2015 games...

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Metal Gear Solid V
Witcher 3
AC: Syndicate
Batman Arkham Knight

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That reminds me that I need to finally admit to myself Monster Hunter games simply are not for me and to stop buying them

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Rocket League
Witcher 3
Bloodborne
SOMA
Until Dawn
Metal Gear 5
Fallout 4

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Bloodborne, fallout4, Rocket league. Shout out to Arkham City, I really enjoyed it and the dlc (ps4)

I have yet to play w3 and I hope xenoblade is still in the running.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I haven't played most of the big games this year (I usually look into them once they've dramatically dropped in price), so for me it's

- Mario Maker
- Arkham Knight

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
For those saying Vermintide, do you mean that Warhammer game? If so, is the vote based on solo or co-op?

khorum

Murder Apologist
I think the real problem is that it's really designed to appeal to male "feminists" not actual women. But that's probably a topic for the GG thread anyway.

Also, the previous Tomb Raider game already got rid of all the weird/sexy outfits back in 2013. The base game had her in a normal outfit, and all the DLC was just ugly and/or dirty variations on the same theme.

I definitely need to power my way through the AC series once I finish Fallout 4 though. I've been stalled on Revelations and AC3 for years because they are just so bad. If Syndicate is like AC2 I'll love it.
Why hasn't anyone modded sexy grunting and bruised nude skins into those SJW games?