2012 NFL Season

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Love NFL firing day. Hard to believe Tannenbaum is getting the boot before fat ass Ryan, but this is the Jets we're talking about. Chiefs are firing Crennel before Pioli is pretty funny as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing Crennel come back in an advisory fashion to the Patriots. Although, the current D coordinator Matt Patricia seems to have been groomed by Bill for the role, albeit relatively unsuccesfully.

unsuccessfully unless we were to discover that Dennard, Talib, Chandler Jones' etc success is attributable to Patricia's influence. As a whole though, not a great D.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Honestly, everyone loves Emery. In one year he gave us a franchise QB, franchise receiver and another good receiver (Alshon Jeffery), signed Michael Bush and resigned Forte. He basically rebuilt the entire offense in one year.

The weakest point is the oline right now so people are waiting to see what will happen in 2013 draft and FA to fix those problems. Defense is aging too (I will shed a tear the day Urlacher retires), but I think its got another year or 2 left before they need to overhaul it.
I fucking hate the Bears...but even I will be sad the day Urlacher retires. It says a lot when even your rivals are sad to see you go, the guy is/was just an awesome player and awesome dude. He's one of those guys who seems like he's been around for ever and you never really thought you'd see the day when they WEREN'T around.

On the badass meter, who ranks higher..

Romanowski or Urlacher?

Both of their jibs seem to have been cut to be outstanding, monstrous, NFL linebackers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ugh that's a tough one, I really like Urlacher....but Romanowski just stuck me as a guy who could reach into my skull though my mouth and rip out my spine without giving it a second thought.

I always sucked at Madden as a kid because I'd just play as Romanowski as the MIC and try to kill people every play.

Running play action on me would probably have net you a touchdown > 50% of the time.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Haha, it's kinda funny you asked that question when you did, The Benchwarmers is on TV right now, Romanowski cracks me up in it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Urlacher. No confirmed PED use by Urlacher.Also Urlacher seems less likely to be part of a murder-suicide.
To be fair, that kinda works against him in terms of being a badass.
tongue.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
On the badass meter, who ranks higher..

Romanowski or Urlacher?

Both of their jibs seem to have been cut to be outstanding, monstrous, NFL linebackers.
Romanowski easily, if for no other reason than I think he was a legitimately mean bastard. Urlacher is tough, but I think he's a pretty good dude. Romanowski always looked (and played) like a guy who was off his meds.... He was a scary fucker.

having a full head of hair makes Romanowski less scary. Urlacher's bald bruiser style definitely contributes to how terrifying he is.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Romanowski was just a dirty player, kicking players in the head, helmet to helmet hits. There is a difference between being a badass and a thug. Urlacher was the former, Romanowski was the latter.

Urlacher had better stats in fewer years and was generally considered a stand up guy all around. Urlacher is one of those players that makes me proud to be a Bears fan.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Colts were terrible last year because of the roster and their horrible coach and having no clue how to function without Peyton. This year new coach, emotional reason to buy in, actual defense that schemes, voil?.

Rookie QBs often perform better as rookies because they give a jolt of energy to their team and they are managed. All three of RG3, Luck, and RW might have worse years next year.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Romanowski has been involved in numerous altercations with both teammates and opponents. In 1995, while with the Eagles, he was ejected from a game - and subsequently fined $4,500 - for kicking Arizona Cardinals fullback Larry Centers in the head.

Two more incidents occurred during the 1997 season while he played for the Broncos: In the first, he was fined $20,000 after a helmet-to-helmet hit on then-Carolina Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in a preseason game resulting in Collins sustaining a broken jaw; in the second, Romanowski spat in the face of 49ers wide receiver J. J. Stokes in a regular-season game played in December on a Monday night in response to Stokes' taunting.[2] Two years later, while still with the Broncos, he was fined a total of $42,500 for three illegal hits plus a punch thrown at Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, and was also fined an undisclosed amount for throwing a football at Bryan Cox of the New York Jets, the ball hitting him in the crotch area.

In 2003, Romanowski attacked and injured one of his teammates, Marcus Williams, during a scrimmage. Williams, a backup tight end for the Oakland Raiders, was forced to retire after Romanowski confronted Williams after a play, ripped off his helmet, and crushed his eye socket with a punch. Williams sued for damages of $3.4 million, arguing that Romanowski had been suffering from "roid rage" when he attacked him. This argument was later rejected by the judge on the grounds that Williams could not prove that Romanowski had actually used steroids on the same day as the attack. Williams was awarded $340,000. Williams was quoted as saying he and his lawyers "just wanted to prove what was right and wrong about football".
Holy shit, lol.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lovie is fired is being reported, will see if the Bears confirm.

As far as Romanowski, didn't he admit to PED use? Half those incidents had to be roid related as he would be just out of control.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Lovie is fired is being reported, will see if the Bears confirm.

As far as Romanowski, didn't he admit to PED use? Half those incidents had to be roid related as he would be just out of control.
Off the field, he and his wife were investigated for prescription drug fraud, though the charges were later dropped. Records seized by the government belonging to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, later discovered to be the source of a designer steroid, indicate that he had used the anabolic steroid "The Clear" and synthetic testosterone ointment "The Cream" provided by BALCO since 2003. In an October 16, 2005 appearance on 60 Minutes, Romanowski admitted to using steroids and human growth hormone that he received from Victor Conte, BALCO owner.
I had to type this because it said editing 1 character wasn't a large enough edit to save....wtf?