2012 NFL Season

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
hey guys predicting stuff, make a playoff thread like we've done this before!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No way the Bears defense is as good without Lovie Smith. Maybe they should be getting a GM that can draft offensive linemen or something.

Have a feeling he won't be without a job for long.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Black Monday indeed. Wake up to find 7 coaches gone. None of them are surprising but that's almost a quarter of the league and nearly half of the non-playoff teams.

moontayle

Golden Squire
None of them are Garrett so I don't care.
He was always going to be safe. Jerry gave Wade three and a half years, and I don't see him giving the RHG less than that at the very least. Plus you look at how bad Murphy's Law fucked this team, especially the defense, and it's amazing that they were even in a spot to win the division. At some point you have to give credit to coaching for him getting his players to never give up. They sure as shit don't do any of that under Wade or Bill.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why would the Bears regret letting Lovie go? "You play to win the game" as someone once said and while he came close in the end it's 9 years of not winning or even competing for a SB. I suppose if your a Browns fan and just getting some sort of mediocrity is a step up then you'd have a point.

The core of the defense is all over 30 so the whole thing needs to be rebuilt in the next 2 years anyway. All the youth for the most part is on the offensive side of the ball.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh sure, I suppose they'll just walk over to the Super Bowl winning coach store and pick up a sure fire bet.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Why would the Bears regret letting Lovie go? "You play to win the game" as someone once said and while he came close in the end it's 9 years of not winning or even competing for a SB. I suppose if your a Browns fan and just getting some sort of mediocrity is a step up then you'd have a point.

The core of the defense is all over 30 so the whole thing needs to be rebuilt in the next 2 years anyway. All the youth for the most part is on the offensive side of the ball.
Going to a superbowl is totally classified as not competing for one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would the Bears regret letting Lovie go? "You play to win the game" as someone once said and while he came close in the end it's 9 years of not winning or even competing for a SB.
Yeah I'm sure being one score away from the Superbowl in the 10-11 season, in the championship game where Cutler was injured, isn't competing for a SB at all.

Love the selective memory of bears fans.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Andy Reid? Norv Turner? Cam Cameron? Kyle Shanahan? Josh McDaniels? All fine white choices that Cathan's racist ass would approve of.
The only American Inventor I don't like is you Famm. Hell I like Ray Lewis but we could do without your American Inventor ass around these parts. WTF is a good Ravens fan like Edko at?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd just like to go on record now as saying that I've been a lifelong fan of whatever team wins the Superbowl this year.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only American Inventor I don't like is you Famm. Hell I like Ray Lewis but we could do without your American Inventor ass around these parts. WTF is a good Ravens fan like Edko at?
Clearly not a racist. Glad that's settled.

I like you Cathan, you show up even though the Saints are the Aints again.

Where's Itlan BTW? Is he banned from that one bet or did he run away to cry alone in his room under his Eli Manning blankie?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Clearly not a racist. Glad that's settled.

I like you Cathan, you show up even though the Saints are the Aints again.

Where's Itlan BTW? Is he banned from that one bet or did he run away to cry alone in his room under his Eli Manning blankie?
I think both teams were too terrible this year, so they both get to stay.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lovie was a terrible gameday coach. His defense wasn't that good. Yah they did real good against bad teams, but good quarterbacks and offenses always beat them. For fucks sake for years we couldn't even get a damn play call in on time. You win with offense in this league and pressuring the other quarterback. Not by waiting for the other team to make a mistake and an offense that does just enough.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm sure being one score away from the Superbowl in the 10-11 season, in the championship game where Cutler was injured, isn't competing for a SB at all.

Love the selective memory of bears fans.
or the 2006 super bowl against the colts when they were in the.... super bowl.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
interesting tidbit from football outsiders

Worse than his standard statistics made him look: Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
Griffin led the league in yards per pass with a higher completion rate and half as many interceptions as Wilson, which may have you wondering how on earth Wilson finished higher in our rankings. Strength of schedule is part of it. Wilson had to endure the brutal NFC West defenses, while Griffin's schedule was somewhat easier than average. Without opponent adjustments, Griffin's DVOA was five points higher than Wilson's; with them, it was three points lower. Also, Griffin's yardage total was skewed by a small number of very big plays. Many of his completions were actually dink-and-dunk plays. All told, 27 percent of his completions failed to gain meaningful yardage toward a new set of downs. Of the 27 quarterbacks with at least 200 completions, only Jay Cutler, Weeden and Christian Ponder had a higher share of dump-offs and checkdowns.