2012 NFL Season

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We welcome our new old compatriots with open arms.

h3WVF.jpg

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
As a Browns fan I can say the only thing worse than watching the actual season is the annual draft day dumbfuckery by the organization. Thanks for reminding me of what I get to look forward to in a couple months guys.

Sir Funk

Molten Core Raider
The best part about being out of the playoffs is wishing great injury to all of the remaining teams.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit, wishing ill on other teams is my favorite part of the preseason and regular season. Unfortunately fantasy football clouds that some, but I find a way to still have a heart black as midnight the whole way through.

sebur

Bronze Squire
That was a drunk post, and I grew up in Kenner! I'm technically a kennabrah, but no greasy stache, criminal record or 80s 5.0 mustang. You're doing it right, as long as you're enjoying the quarter and eating the food regularly
smile.png
I've seriously met people from Kenner and the westbank that wouldn't go into Orleans parish. I even lived on bourbon street for a few years, that was an experience, then uptown. Lots of great people downtown and uptown, mid city as well, few of my best friends live near city park, but you're right it's a bit of a checkerboard.
Same here , lol. I hate mustangs. Indeed, I know some people as well that until I dragged them down there, they never went to New Orleans. Once they experience the food though, they usually can't get enough.

Is it too early for me to say I can't wait for my Saints to be king our division again? I mean falcons are about to be knocked out this week like usual so I am not sure that we ever really lost it...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Weeden was undoubtedly a puzzling pick, especially in the first round. But there have been worse first round picks (not talking busts, just terrible "why did you do that?" picks). Let's not forget the Raiders drafted a kicker with the 17th overall pick.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seabass in the 1st round will never be a "good" pick, but the longer he stays there and keeps performing(and not getting deported) the less awful it is.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't heard many encouraging words about this season's draft. Any good RBs or WRs coming up?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Weeden was undoubtedly a puzzling pick, especially in the first round. But there have been worse first round picks (not talking busts, just terrible "why did you do that?" picks). Let's not forget the Raiders drafted a kicker with the 17th overall pick.
Janikowski is in top 25 in all time points scored and has the record for longest field goal ever. Kickers are extremely long term and durable players that take fairly low salaries (Hanson has been playing for 20+ years in the NFL, where the average career is like 2-3 years). I'm actually surprised more kickers aren't drafted early when you look at shit shows like Cundiff or Jeff Reed that some teams end up dealing with.

I dont think it was a bad pick at all in retrospect. There was hardly anyone else worth drafting by that time when you look at the remaining draft list with exception of Shaun Alexander and Tom Brady

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm actually surprised more kickers aren't drafted early when you look at shit shows like Cundiff or Jeff Reed that some teams end up dealing with.
You could use those same guys as examples of why they aren't drafted high. Most accurate kickers of all time can turn to shit in one offseason. Akers? Vanderjagt? Guys like Seabass, Hanson, Dawson are the exception more than the rule. Just like at every position. I get that if you're right you could be set at a position for the next 15 years, but if you're wrong you are the asshole GM who picked akickertoo early.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How can you compare Seabass pick to fucking DOLBY? Weeden is horrible. Like Clausen horrible.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You could use those same guys as examples of why they aren't drafted high. Most accurate kickers of all time can turn to shit in one offseason. Akers? Vanderjagt? Guys like Seabass, Hanson, Dawson are the exception more than the rule. Just like at every position. I get that if you're right you could be set at a position for the next 15 years, but if you're wrong you are the asshole GM who picked akickertoo early.
Nah,

I dont think they bust as often as you make it out to be. Certainly no more so than the average of the other positions out there.

I think its more of a problem of the fanbase being unappreciative of the importance of the kicking game. It's not glamorous, exciting or highlight reel worthy. Its repetitive, perfunctory and expected. You'd even get shit on if you picked a really good kicker in first round like the guy earlier in the thread did.

If you asked a typical raider fan who scored the most points in Raider history they'd probably mention Kenny Stabler or Tim Brown, blissfully unaware that Seabass has both of them beat by several hundred points and holds the #1 spot.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Olindo Mare is the all-time leading scorer for the Miami Dolphins. It's a kicker for probably every team out there. That's not as impressive as you're trying to make it sound.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Olindo Mare is the all-time leading scorer for the Miami Dolphins. It's a kicker for probably every team out there. That's not as impressive as you're trying to make it sound.
The top 25 all time scorers in the NFL are all kickers. It just underscores the value of the position even further.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Glad to be back guys, thanks for the welcome party!

Too early to talk about free agency? Either tonight or tomorrow I will write up a giant post on Bengals free agents, and it would be great to get some in depth analysis for other teams.