2012 NFL Season

Disp_sl

shitlord
His point is obviously that you can't assume that the Bears will be able to get like 10 defensive scores again next year. A solid base defense will likely still be a solid defense again next year though. Some things are just harder to repeat.
That's exactly it. A lot of the 49ers defensive success last year was because they got a huge amount of turnovers. They led the league with 38, and everyone said they wouldn't repeat that same success this year. They were right, and the 49ers only had 25 this season. Compare that to the Bears who had 44 turnovers this season, with 9 going for scores, and it's easy to see those historic numbers are probably completely unsustainable because of how random turnovers are. It has nothing to do with forgetting how to punch the ball out or pick off a pass.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
That's exactly it. A lot of the 49ers defensive success last year was because they got a huge amount of turnovers. They led the league with 38, and everyone said they wouldn't repeat that same success this year. They were right, and the 49ers only had 25 this season. Compare that to the Bears who had 44 turnovers this season, with 9 going for scores, and it's easy to see those historic numbers are probably completely unsustainable because of how random turnovers are. It has nothing to do with forgetting how to punch the ball out or pick off a pass.
Its got nothing to do with predicting how well a team's gonna do next year either.

Disp_sl

shitlord
The point is like Alex said, the Bengals are better than the Bears. Without all those flukey defensive touchdowns they're an 8-8 team at best. Bears offense had 44 turnovers to help them and they still ended up one of the worst scoring offenses in the league. Let that sink in.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
The point is like Alex said, the Bengals are better than the Bears. Without all those flukey defensive touchdowns they're an 8-8 team at best. Bears offense had 44 turnovers to help them and they still ended up one of the worst scoring offenses in the league. Let that sink in.
You are really stretching it here and lets face it, the only reason is because you're looking to take a potshot at me.

So the Bengals are a better team because they play in an easier division and Bears are a worse team because of how they play defense.

Interesting. Petty and transparently childish, but interesting.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every single bears loss this year was to a playoff team, they went 10-6. The Bengals lost to a plethora of shit teams and went 10-6 with one of those wins coming in a game where neither side gave a shit who won. How exactly are the Bengals a better team? I wont even begin to talk about how the bears starting qb was injured or the fact that something like 7 starters on defense were injured as well at one point. I am just going to assume you are all trolling araysar in which case that's entirely understandable.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RG3 update:

Torn LCL, surgery tomorrow will fix it and see what else is up.
Not the whole update though, during that surgery they are going to be checking the ACL out and see if earlier MRI was showing the old injury ghost or if there is a partial tear there as well. If it's just the LCL it's 4-6 month recovery time, if ACL needs work as well will be longer, and then you start thinking he might miss time next season.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Every single bears loss this year was to a playoff team, they went 10-6.
Of course I'm trolling Araysar, but that first line is the point. They lost to basically every good team they played, and beat the bad teams. Out of 10 wins, only 2 of them came to teams with winning records, and one of those wins was Andrew Luck's first game.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not the whole update though, during that surgery they are going to be checking the ACL out and see if earlier MRI was showing the old injury ghost or if there is a partial tear there as well. If it's just the LCL it's 4-6 month recovery time, if ACL needs work as well will be longer, and then you start thinking he might miss time next season.
Hopefully it is just LCL then. Him and Shanny need to just watch Rodgers film all offseason and quit this college bullshit. He is more than talented enough and accurate enough to emulate Rodger's game. Only run when it is wide open and never take a big hit.

Merrith

Hopefully it is just LCL then. Him and Shanny need to just watch Rodgers film all offseason and quit this college bullshit. He is more than talented enough and accurate enough to emulate Rodger's game. Only run when it is wide open and never take a big hit.
He just needs to be smarter when he runs, which he was doing for awhile after the concussion incident against Atlanta. Once it became "need to win every game" he started not sliding/running ob again like against Baltimore. When it came to a lot of his designed runs, on almost all of them he could dictate whether he was going to accept big contact or not. They should let him air it out a little more next year though, hopefully having Garcon and Fred Davis for a full season will allow for that more.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chris Kluwe on Colbert tonight. I think there were Vikes fans around here last week. Maybe one of them is still reading.

Merrith

Chris Kluwe on Colbert tonight. I think there were Vikes fans around here last week. Maybe one of them is still reading.
Need to dvr that if I go out tonight. I feel like that could be far more awkward and hilarious than I'd already expect it to be.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So we just eliminate the parts that dont fit our arguments and then work with that?

Let me try.

Lets face it, without their defense, the 49ers are a sub .500 team.
Without RG3, the Redskins are a 4-12 team.

...oh, right. God damnit!

Rob Ryan being canned is pretty crazy. Jerry is out of his damn mind. I don't wanna sound like Man0warr here, but when half the defensive starters are out, it's probably not right to shit can your defensive coordinator after just two seasons.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Rob Ryan being canned is pretty crazy. Jerry is out of his damn mind. I don't wanna sound like Man0warr here, but when half the defensive starters are out, it's probably not right to shit can your defensive coordinator after just two seasons.
Garrett should be gone, not Rob Ryan. This is typical Jerry Jones lunacy, seriously wish that alcoholic would fucking drink himself to death already.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm

I blame Romo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I should point out that Rob Ryan is terrible. He's never had a good defense. But coaching carousel's don't generally work. And giving him the benefit of the doubt for another season might've been smart.

And definitely, Garrett should've been the one gone.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't know who the hell they'll bring in. It's not like 3-4 DCs grow on trees. Maybe they'll try to get the Turner Tandem going. Ron and Norv, by their powers combined form... I don't know what.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe he'll hire Dean Pees since we have a habit of losing our DC every year. Not that it would bother me this time.