2012 NFL Season

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Could be the first time I've ever seen two sports teams from the same media market trolling each other in public. Only in Dallas?
It was some social media intern who posted the same tweet to every account at the same time with HootSuite or something - still funny though.

Cowboys are in a really good place at the end of this year. I think the giants are starting to slip through the cracks, the eagles are in major rebuilding mode, and RG3 decided that half blowing up his knee just wasn't enough. I'd be real surprised to see him return to full ability next year. That makes our division really ripe for the taking, and I think a lot of stuff is developing the way the cowboys need.
The cap situation is pretty dire, but they should be able to work around it. They are already at like -$18 mil next year.

They'll need to extend and spread out Romo's contract so it doesn't count for $13 mil next year, most likely cut Doug Free and Jay Ratliff. Lots of those scrubs they brought in on defense won't be back obviously, neither will Mike Jenkins or Kevin Ogletree.

They really need to resign Spencer somehow, and draft a starting Center or Guard, and backup RT and D-line.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was some social media intern who posted the same tweet to every account at the same time with HootSuite or something - still funny though.

The cap situation is pretty dire, but they should be able to work around it. They are already at like -$18 mil next year.

They'll need to extend and spread out Romo's contract so it doesn't count for $13 mil next year, most likely cut Doug Free and Jay Ratliff. Lots of those scrubs they brought in on defense won't be back obviously, neither will Mike Jenkins or Kevin Ogletree.

They really need to resign Spencer somehow, and draft a starting Center or Guard, and backup RT and D-line.
I can't post this xfactor enough!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I wish they would just eat their terrible contracts one year so they could have the cap under control for the first time in the JJ era. Aikman is probably still on their cap. Also, I think they only save $1 mil on the cap if they cut Free so don't be surprised when he is around next year.

Oh ya, and draft that badass interior lineman from Alabama Warmack. Just do it. 15 years of all-pro lineman play is well worth a 1st round pick.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Obviously Shanahan wanted to play his draft more conservatively and go after Cousins at a value pick rather than handing his nuts to the Rams in a bag. Snyder had other ideas and forced them to go get RG3. Now Shanahan has deliberately crippled RG3 so that he can start the QB he always wanted. The joke will be on him though when Snyder fires him in week six or something next year.
All of this still more likely than Baltimore winning this weekend.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I can't post this xfactor enough!
Romo hate from the media here is far worse than you can ever imagine. They hate him more than the rest of the us- and I'm fully aware just how much the rest of the US hates him. I'm hearing all sorts of stupid shit like romo blows games cause he always focuses on the future instead of the game at hand. Its like they actually believe that bs that every coach spews before and after games about focusing on the game you're playing now and winning now like its true. As much as cowboys are the cowboys, I'd really hate to see just how awful this shit would be with an actually bad quarterback.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they would just eat their terrible contracts one year so they could have the cap under control for the first time in the JJ era. Aikman is probably still on their cap. Also, I think they only save $1 mil on the cap if they cut Free so don't be surprised when he is around next year.

Oh ya, and draft that badass interior lineman from Alabama Warmack. Just do it. 15 years of all-pro lineman play is well worth a 1st round pick.
Except that's the reason Mara hit the Cowboys and Redskins with the penalty. They dumped a bunch of contracts into the non-cap year and that was deemed not fair.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Romo and Dez were the best QB/WR duo in the league for about 6 weeks there before Week 17 - Cowboys had no chance to even be .500 or playing for the playoffs without Romo and Dez bringing them back from the brink of losing several times in that span. With almost any other QB, behind that O-line, with a 31st ranked running game, would of been sacked into oblivion and Cowboys might have won 4 games this year. It would be unwatchable.

He just has a knack for having his worst game(s) of the year in the biggest spotlights, usually because the Cowboys are ALWAYS in the spotlight, despite their mediocrity.

Cowboys fan's forget all the terrible QBs we had between Aikman and Romo, or just didn't watch during that span.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol.

Dez Bryant is still a faggot. Not only for the way he wears his pants real low so you can basically see his fucking ass crack, but the way he just acts in general. No doubt he is a good player, but his attitude is bad and he will never reach his full potential unless he reels it in.

and Romo and him couldnt get it done in Week 17.... and it ws because of the SPOTLIGHT THAT IS ALWAYS ON THEM....lol.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
lol.

Dez Bryant is still a faggot. Not only for the way he wears his pants real low so you can basically see his fucking ass crack, but the way he just acts in general. No doubt he is a good player, but his attitude is bad and he will never reach his full potential unless he reels it in.

and Romo and him couldnt get it done in Week 17.... and it ws because of the SPOTLIGHT THAT IS ALWAYS ON THEM....lol.
What do you know about his attitude? By all accounts he's a hard worker and good teammate. He may be a terrible person off the field but that's half the league. Has nothing to do with football - the team doesn't care as long as he doesn't Rothlesburger or murder someone, and keeps catching footballs and scoring TDs.

They couldn't get it done in Week 17 because Romo was getting blitzed on all 3 downs and never had time to throw it to Dez - way more blame falls on Garrett for making zero adjustments the entire game. No screens, no dump offs, nothing to stop them from blitzing. Biggest reason they need a new OC. Nothing to do with it being in the "Spotlight", because they were playing and winning in big games against both Pittsburg and Cincy a couple weeks earlier - they were in single elimination mode for weeks, until NYG shat the bed.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck I hate when I try to go to rerolled but my stupid piece of shit browser redirects me to the world's shittiest Dallas Cowboys blog.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
There's no question that dez bryant is an annoying dude that has a lot of problems off the field and probably has some form of mental handicap due to the fact I'm sure he never had to do anything in school ever.

That said, most of the blackletes that end up getting it wrong are either drug addicts that make football secondary or just out and out thugs/lowlifes who think money makes them extra tough. Dez bryant doesn't happen to be either- he's just a flat out stupid person. I think he's shown that he cares a lot about football, and it shows with his work ethic. The guy is a monster who puts the time into doing what he can and working out to be the best that he can be. He's definitely in the top % of nfl when it comes to work ethic. There will always be the potential for him to have a /fuck really?/ moment, due to his inability to make smart decisions and the crowds he tends to hang out with, but I don't believe he's shown yet that he's acting in a way that will interfere with his ability to be the best football player he can be.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one that had Dez in fantasy can hate him after this season. Especially after what he did in the championship week(except in retard leagues). Motherfucker ate Megatrons lunch and saved the game for me.

But yeah, no one argues against him being a retard. Having a crackhead hooker for a mom will fuck you up.