2012 NFL Season

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Maybe he'll hire Dean Pees since we have a habit of losing our DC every year. Not that it would bother me this time.
I'm still hoping for a moment of clarity out of the alcoholic addled brain of Jerry Jones and he fires Garrett and hires Lovie Smith to be the HC/DC.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still hoping for a moment of clarity out of the alcoholic addled brain of Jerry Jones and he fires Garrett and hires Lovie Smith to be the HC/DC.
I have a friend that works at Valley Ranch. He says Jerrah is on a rampage, just super pissed off, and telling people life is going to be rough around there now (whatever that means). He needed to take his anger out on somebody and since he won't fire the person he should, Garrett, he fires the best coach on the staff. Ryan did a pretty amazing job this year with an injury riddled defense.

Also, fuck Lovie Smith. I rather suffer through another year of Garrett and get a new coach in a year than deal with that overrated trash.

So if we go back to 4-3 (leave it to Dallas to leave the 3-4 the moment they find two good MLBs at the same time) I'm guessing Carter becomes an outside LB?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Can't believe they let go of Ryan. I don't want them to get rid of Garrett, either. Obviously injuries really hurt the Cowboys this year, especially the defense.

I thought they were on the right track in the draft, and getting rid of the entitled veterans the last couple years. Obviously they still need to work on the O-line and D-line.

Changing your HC every 2-3 years just doesn't work - got to let the guy have a chance to make changes. Jerry keeps cutting these guys out mid stream.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
You cowfans are missing the obvious endgame for Jerrah: He becomes the HC/OC/DC of his own team. Jerrah just needs to create the environment where he can be the savior to his own team.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure he already does that a bit. Why else would the owner be on the field all the damn time? You know he goes down there and "suggests" stuff to the coaches.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, the Bengals have over $55 million in cap space for 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

And the Jets and Cowboys have some shit to figure out.
Wow, this is worth checking out.

Kinda makes you worry about teams like Indy and Cinci who made the playoffs this year and will have $40m+ of cap space to play with next year.

Then you have the Jets, Saints, Steelers, Cowboys and the Panthers (wtf) who are all struggling and going to be $10-20m in the hole.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
When was the last time that Bengals signed a good free agent?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'm pretty sure he already does that a bit. Why else would the owner be on the field all the damn time? You know he goes down there and "suggests" stuff to the coaches.
I wonder if we could trade Austin, Free, Ratliff to the Bengals for cheerleader to be named later. Sure would help our cap space.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Cap numbers at this stage are somewhat pointless (tens of millions will be cut or restructured for almost every team), but isn't this the year that per-team minimums (something like 90% of the cap) kick in? IIRC, that number doesn't have to be spent until the end of the season (so players could get big long-term deals after next season is over), but still, teams like the Bengals have to spend significant money somewhere in the next ~14 months.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol sounds like the polar opposite of Hunt.

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys are in a really good place at the end of this year. I think the giants are starting to slip through the cracks, the eagles are in major rebuilding mode, and RG3 decided that half blowing up his knee just wasn't enough. I'd be real surprised to see him return to full ability next year. That makes our division really ripe for the taking, and I think a lot of stuff is developing the way the cowboys need. They've shown their play outside of line work has people good enough to get the job done. They have a lot of bright spots about the way the team played despite some of their obvious weaknesses. Their safeties and corners looked solid, ware and spencer make a good team when healthy. Dez bryant is turning into a beast, and theres still a slew of people who can get the job done on offense. If the cowboys play the offseason right, they might actually field their first legitimately good team in a long time. We definitely need to build up our offensive line, acquiring a good running back is also a thought, but not highest priority. Getting someone to replace spencer if we don't keep him and a backup/replacement for ratliff, and we'll be a legitimate superbowl contender. This is the first time in memory where I've felt that the cowboys problems are entirely surmountable.

I've never been a fan of Ryan or his defense, but I just don't get jerry's game plan. When you're so close to getting something right, why would you toss up coaching and break that progress down some? I guess it could lead into something better, but it's a big risk. I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see who we get both in the coaching staff and in the draft.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
sick burn

217726_10152430901560711_1469836896_n.jpg

Could be the first time I've ever seen two sports teams from the same media market trolling each other in public. Only in Dallas?

Also, RG3 surgery today, total ACL/LCL reconstruction. You ignore the advice of Dr. James Andrews and you end up on his operating table, apparently. 6-8 months at the earliest recovery time. Can't catch a break being a Redskins fan, although the Kirk Cousins pick might be the insurance policy of the year.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Obviously Shanahan wanted to play his draft more conservatively and go after Cousins at a value pick rather than handing his nuts to the Rams in a bag. Snyder had other ideas and forced them to go get RG3. Now Shanahan has deliberately crippled RG3 so that he can start the QB he always wanted. The joke will be on him though when Snyder fires him in week six or something next year.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then you have the Jets, Saints, Steelers, Cowboys and thePanthers (wtf)who are all struggling and going to be $10-20m in the hole.
They're paying Williams and Stewart top RB money, plus some other retarded shit like that. They've been pretty mismanaged.