2013 NFL Offseason and Draft

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boldin certainly got hot at the right time. He was having a quiet season till that stretch run.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh, now Ed Reed has hired an agent and is supposedly getting interest from SF as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jim Harbaugh is doing this just because he's a spiteful cunt. Big ol' fuck you to his bro.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Dont the 49ers still have a bunch of player to sign? How are they gonna fit all of them and Boldin (whom Ravens were paying 6M per year) under the cap?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Dont the 49ers still have a bunch of player to sign? How are they gonna fit all of them and Boldin (whom Ravens were paying 6M per year) under the cap?
Not this year, they don't. Plus they are loaded on picks not only this year, but for the next couple years (I believe). Gives them a chance to replenish the ranks with cost-controlled options.

Lipitaur_sl

shitlord
As a Ravens fan I can't figure out why on Earth the Ravens would want to keep Ed Reed over Anquan Boldin. Q, along with Ray Rice, were the leaders of the offense. Reed at best is a geriatric who will be in a wheel chair by season's end. ANGRY FACE!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a Ravens fan I can't figure out why on Earth the Ravens would want to keep Ed Reed over Anquan Boldin.
I got news for ya, we won't keep either of them. Look for Ellerbee to stay, hope for a left tackle miracle and enjoy the draft. Watch our sixth round selection from SF, then let me know how this worked out in a year or two. Boldin is going to get manhandled by Seattle and Arizona. I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last year. That money is better spent elsewhere and we have drafted receivers who are younger, faster, and can separate better. Plus Pitta can play out of the slot too. We still have Rice and Peirce looked awesome last year. Boldin isn't the whole offense. He's never been consistent or elite here until the playoffs this season. Derrick Mason was better than Bolidin in all honesty and we kept him maybe a year too long. This time we part ways a year too soon, but its on our terms with compensation, in the best way for Boldin for his money and the team he gets to play for.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Mark Sanchez was just traded to the Dolphins for 2 first round picks and a 4th round pick

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cant believe Niners got Boldin. If you cant beat em join em! Would be kind of awesome if we got Ed Reed too. I like Goldson, but fuck it Ill take a veteran Ed Reed any day. He got a year or two left. Im sure the brothers are texting eachother trying to figure out ways to trade players and picks.

And for a 6th round pick at that? How isnt he worth at least a 4th? Baltimore couldnt get more? I dont see how Boldin will suddenly drop off the map. He isnt going to lead the team in targets by any stretch of anyone's imagination, so he should get enough rest to take max advantage of his reps. At least that means its bye bye Ginn, Moss and bench for ol' Kyle Williams. Now we gonna have Crabtree at the 1, Boldin at the 2 and hopefully a healthy Manningham as the rotation/3rd receiver. Then you still have Vernon Davis.

Who knows, maybe the Niners will be the first team to make a SB the year after losing it since the 93 Bills.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure Baltimore took a relatively shitty pick just due to his cap number. He's fairly expensive for his production but since they have the space it's good for both teams I guess. Still can't get over that Harvin trade though, a 1st and possibly more? WTF.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Flacco has been consistent. What team do you root for? One that's never had to go through a decade of terrible QB's? I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Manning (Peyton) but he is in fact consistent. After all the years of truly undependable QB's keeping Flacco was a no brainer. His contract isn't even that bad for a QB, it will get redone in three years as well. Don't look at the stupid totals, his cap number is less than Boldin was going to cost us and Joe's under 30 and has potential to thrive with the OC change, hopefully. If not we get to take him back to negotiations in a few years.