2013 NFL Season

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
For Cowboys fans - thoughts on the switch from 3-4 to 4-3? I bet the defense will be a hell of a lot better compared to last year. My opinion (and this might be Tampa Bay homerism) is that Monte Kiffin + Rod Marinelli will be a huge upgrade from Rob Ryan. I wonder how well Ware will do at Defensive End, though.
It would be nearly impossible to get fewer turnovers.

moontayle

Golden Squire
For Cowboys fans - thoughts on the switch from 3-4 to 4-3? I bet the defense will be a hell of a lot better compared to last year. My opinion (and this might be Tampa Bay homerism) is that Monte Kiffin + Rod Marinelli will be a huge upgrade from Rob Ryan. I wonder how well Ware will do at Defensive End, though.
It's a plus, especially since the premise behind Kiffin's scheme is the simplicity behind it and emphasis on knowing just a few things instead of a whole lot. Their big problem last year was the complexity of Ryan's system just didn't fly when half the guys on the defense were coming off the couch. This also allows them to just let Ware go rush the passer every single time, like he should.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I read somewhere that usually outside linebackers moving to defensive end get more sacks but the opposite is true when going from the 4-3 to 3-4.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I read somewhere that usually outside linebackers moving to defensive end get more sacks but the opposite is true when going from the 4-3 to 3-4.
Yeah, best example that comes to mind is Dwight Freeney who utterly sucked as a 3-4 OLB

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's a plus, especially since the premise behind Kiffin's scheme is the simplicity behind it and emphasis on knowing just a few things instead of a whole lot. Their big problem last year was the complexity of Ryan's system just didn't fly when half the guys on the defense were coming off the couch. This also allows them to just let Ware go rush the passer every single time, like he should.
Considering half their defense was out, they actually overachieved last year. Ryan did an amazing job with what he had to work with.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a miracle they didn't give up more points considering the entire defense died horribly in the preseason and the people on the field were just holographic projections.

Starting safety last season.

tumblr_mf4w2cyRzl1r8nclro1_400.gif

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's a miracle they didn't give up more points considering the entire defense died horribly in the preseason and the people on the field were just holographic projections.

Starting safety last season.

tumblr_mf4w2cyRzl1r8nclro1_400.gif
I hate people using injuries as an excuse as much as the next guy but come the fuck on, 5 of the 11 starters were on IR not counting all the games the back ups got hurt and the back ups back ups. At some point you have to just throw your hands up and conceit the fact that this is one of the times that the sheer amount of injuries indeed severely cost them, when your defense looks like a whose who list of people that didn't have a job when the season started it just might be time to accept that fact.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers O-Line has been made up mostly of homeless guys and cardboard cutouts for most of the last five seasons. If(WHEN) I go on and on about that this season when it happens again I will be sorely disappointed if no one shits on me for it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Steelers O-Line has been made up mostly of homeless guys and cardboard cutouts for most of the last five seasons. If(WHEN) I go on and on about that this season when it happens again I will be sorely disappointed if no one shits on me for it.
Why should you be upset that no one shits on you for pointing out the truth?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate people using injuries as an excuse as much as the next guy but come the fuck on, 5 of the 11 starters were on IR not counting all the games the back ups got hurt and the back ups back ups. At some point you have to just throw your hands up and conceit the fact that this is one of the times that the sheer amount of injuries indeed severely cost them, when your defense looks like a whose who list of people that didn't have a job when the season started it just might be time to accept that fact.
What's worse, blaming refs or blaming injuries? Come on bro.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's clearly why the Cowboys are awful, because of injuries. If only they could just stay healthy, DAMN THE LUCK!

Like most Dallas fans, you're delusional.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Playing for division crown 2 years in a row on week 17 = awful? Lot of teams who would love to be in that spot.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Using the injury card is, to me, your players were weak. Couldn't handle it, especially with the amount you suggest. Back ups back up playing for them. This to me indicates poor skills overall. They might be good at this but suck at that and got hurt because of it.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
That's clearly why the Cowboys are awful, because of injuries. If only they could just stay healthy, DAMN THE LUCK!

Like most Dallas fans, you're delusional.
The year before last had nothing to do with injuries, try again. Where as with you its every game and the refs, no matter the sport.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL. We need football to come back so badly. People gettin' rustled up in here.