2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Nice , vegas area is showing Lions / Vikings and KC/ SF. I don't even have to pirate a stream. Hell maybe I'll do it anyway, LOL

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Funny thing is it didn't seem like that bad of a contract at initial signing, iffy at worst. Bad PR move for sure but in his last season with the Texans he had a truly elite season and probably would have been in the MVP discussion if it weren't for the Texans still being complete shit despite his fantastic play and Rodgers establishing himself once and for all as the undisputed king of the regular season. Who could have imagined that the dude who led the league in passing yards and had a 112.4 passer rating would suddenly be one of the worst QBs in the league? Like if he had just fallen to the middle of the pack it would still be a bad trade but the dude literally went from top 5 to bottom 5 after a year and a half vacation and then stayed that bad for two more incomplete seasons.

The success that CJ Stroud and Baker Mayfield have had make it look even worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Funny thing is it didn't seem like that bad of a contract at initial signing, iffy at worst. Bad PR move for sure but in his last season with the Texans he had a truly elite season and probably would have been in the MVP discussion if it weren't for the Texans still being complete shit despite his fantastic play and Rodgers establishing himself once and for all as the undisputed king of the regular season. Who could have imagined that the dude who led the league in passing yards and had a 112.4 passer rating would suddenly be one of the worst QBs in the league? Like if he had just fallen to the middle of the pack it would still be a bad trade but the dude literally went from top 5 to bottom 5 after a year and a half vacation and then stayed that bad for two more incomplete seasons.

The success that CJ Stroud and Baker Mayfield have had make it look even worse.

Dude. He wasn't going to play for like... two years. They were dumb to sign him. You can't take two years off and be expected to be awesome. They also cut Baker who won their first playoff game in years. Against the Steelers at that. While Baker is now having one of the best QB seasons this year. This decision was retarded in every way.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
you are conveniently leaving out the fact he sat the bench for something like a year and a half and didn't practice for damn near all of it before his first down ever played as a brown

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
you are conveniently leaving out the fact he sat the bench for something like a year and a half and didn't practice for damn near all of it before his first down ever played as a brown

Nothing I said was incorrect or was going to play out any differently.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
a year and a half vacation

Dude. He wasn't going to play for like... two years. They were dumb to sign him. You can't take two years off and be expected to be awesome. They also cut Baker who won their first playoff game in years. Against the Steelers at that. While Baker is now having one of the best QB seasons this year. This decision was retarded in every way.
No of course you don't expect him to come right back at top 5 after that long of a break but nobody could have reasonably expected him to fall off that hard or that he wouldn't return to form for the 2023 season. Also they didn't cut Baker after he took them to a postseason win, they cut him after he had an absolute garbage season in 2021. Of course that was arguably more their fault than his for letting/making him play with a torn labrum but they've been a dysfunctional franchise since long before that mess.

I'm not saying it won't go down as the worst trade/contract in NFL history (so far) but stop trying to judge it with the benefit of hindsight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You are such a Debby downer with real bitch ass energy. Jesus man. How are you a dodgers fan?
I was just watching the Lions game and looked like the Vikings had him. I'm not a Lions fan so not sure how it makes me a debby downer. lol