Alien: Covenant (2017)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll bet those staff positions were filled by actual xenomorphs since it's the only decent jobs they can get in this shit franchise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It really is sad how much potential this IP has yet Fox can't get out of first gear. Let it go! Full on planetary war with Colonial Marines and billions of aliens. This isn't rocket science!

I remember seeing a glimpse of that when they did the flashback in AVP. Was an awesome possibility.

I think I loved the concept and possibility of Prometheus so much that I was blinded to all its problems and flaws. I think it could have been redeemed in prometheus 2 but by the looks of the trailer, its a really bad movie. It's a real shame how far the entire Aliens IP has fallen from Alien 3 to 4 to AVP, AVP 2, Prometheus and now Covenant

Malakriss

Didn't they have to invent some bullshit explanation that xenomorphs don't actually have to eat? Because otherwise they'd simply infest every animal, loiter around for awhile, and then die off leaving only eggs in a dormant state.

Oldbased

> Than U
Didn't they have to invent some bullshit explanation that xenomorphs don't actually have to eat? Because otherwise they'd simply infest every animal, loiter around for awhile, and then die off leaving only eggs in a dormant state.
The way the movie did it in the temple above was the mother laid the eggs which were transported to sacrificial chambers where they mouth screwed a host to lay a egg and then hatch a "alien".The human hosts, once slaves it appeared, were supplied by the predators sent to "play the game". I don't recall if it showed or referred to what the hell the mother ate for centuries but according to that movie under the ice on our planet a mother alien was chained up for entertainment by the predators.
It was a bit out there for sure. Shame too because as far as predator and alien "action" goes it was fairly well done in the quality of it compared to most of the alien things. Hell the cast wasn't all that terrible either. The story is what sucked so bad.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The chained queen and despositing eggs to create prey is how it works in the comics.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

Yeah I didn't dig too much into books or comics but I love the Alien universe so I read up some wikis and the main theory seems to be that although Xenomorphs have the ability to feed on prey (the inner jaw killing method also provides food), their blood gives them some form of energy when there is no prey around for some time (a common trick since their blood properties are pretty much always left unexplained, they use it to handwave a lot of stuff). If there is nothing around but xenomorphs for an extended period, then they go into hibernation low-energy mode, as we see them curled up into the hive walls in Aliens. Or they fight with the other xenomorphs and maybe eat them, not sure. We do know hives can have wars for control of more territories though.

In one of the few (good) books I've read on that, a hive starts losing its shit after its queen died (for some reason) and the xenomorphs start to be much more lethargic, and passive. They capture some humans to use as incubators, but the facehuggers are almost all dead inside the eggs, and one of the impregnated humans survives because his chestburster died inside his ribcage instead of bursting out. There's also the whole part where they try to get a young man to get it on with his mother to make more human babies to get more incubators, but that's obviously pretty short-sighted and desperate, and doesn't work out at all (the fact they had gnawed at her legs and arms until all was that left was a head, torso and baby-maker may not have helped).

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Just watched the making of Alien. Pretty good watch if you haven't seen it:

Also Aliens is here:

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In one of the few (good) books I've read on that, a hive starts losing its shit after its queen died (for some reason) and the xenomorphs start to be much more lethargic, and passive. They capture some humans to use as incubators, but the facehuggers are almost all dead inside the eggs, and one of the impregnated humans survives because his chestburster died inside his ribcage instead of bursting out. There's also the whole part where they try to get a young man to get it on with his mother to make more human babies to get more incubators, but that's obviously pretty short-sighted and desperate, and doesn't work out at all (the fact they had gnawed at her legs and arms until all was that left was a head, torso and baby-maker may not have helped).

umm what the fuck book is this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jfc

Oldbased

> Than U
Guess the alien action figures didn't sell so well this Xmas lol.
meh.com selling 2 for $4. At least they are selling at that price.
I almost want the one with the facehugger or the one with the chest popper.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
god sigourney was such a fucking libtard anti-gun fuckwit. Dumb bitch doesnt realize those pulse rifles were made from thompson smgs that probably put bullets in the heads of nazis.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
god sigourney was such a fucking libtard anti-gun fuckwit. Dumb bitch doesnt realize those pulse rifles were made from thompson smgs that probably put bullets in the heads of nazis.
You must learn to control that hate. It will shorten your life with stress and anger.
We all know most hollywood actors made their many millions playing things and people they despise. It is what makes it tolerable and funny. Just realize they are no better than anyone else and enjoy them for the entertainment they provide by being good liars actors.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Watched AVP last night, was actually a solid movie, more so than I remembered.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched AVP last night, was actually a solid movie, more so than I remembered.
As I said earlier the effects, acting and everything else was actually pretty well done. It is just the story that we had a queen hanging out on Earth in "current" times and had been here centuries that was the only bad part. Basically story holes.
So we flew half way across the universe to find our creators and instead find the aliens of David in the future all while we had one chained up for sport on our planet since the start of after engineers death time( 0 AD ) for predator sport gaming.
Something along those lines what the hell stuff.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As I said earlier the effects, acting and everything else was actually pretty well done. It is just the story that we had a queen hanging out on Earth in "current" times and had been here centuries that was the only bad part. Basically story holes.
So we flew half way across the universe to find our creators and instead find the aliens of David in the future all while we had one chained up for sport on our planet since the start of after engineers death time( 0 AD ) for predator sport gaming.
Something along those lines what the hell stuff.

Gotta view these as two different universes IMO. I mean weyland dies in AVP.

In old universe we don't know where aliens came from, they might as well have been around for all time.

In the current universe, we're seeing a prequal to the alien movies (and even this is retcon'd I think) and aliens were actually created by crazy human made robot, eventually leading to the events of the 'alien' movies

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Gotta view these as two different universes IMO. I mean weyland dies in AVP.

In old universe we don't know where aliens came from, they might as well have been around for all time.

In the current universe, we're seeing a prequal to the alien movies (and even this is retcon'd I think) and aliens were actually created by crazy human made robot, eventually leading to the events of the 'alien' movies
I know. When I think about it all I can't help but think of Mythbusters and Adam Savage's favorite shirt. I reject your reality and substitute my own.
As you have said what a waste of a IP. Ruined by egos in Hollywood and the desire to out cocaine the other.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Midichlorians. Sci-fi explanations have never been good since then, it's as if the sheer amount of fictional stupid about something in the blood infected people's actual blood and all writers became dumber.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Guess the alien action figures didn't sell so well this Xmas lol.
meh.com selling 2 for $4. At least they are selling at that price.
I almost want the one with the facehugger or the one with the chest popper.

Damn it they sold out. I'm not much a toy a guy but I have a Jack Burton and Snake Plissken one of these.