Alien: Covenant (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't think anyone said it was "good", just that it wasn't terrible. I do concede the PG-13 point though, that was a lame cash grab. It's a hard R universe, no need for them to pussy it up!

AVP: Requiem was not the best movie, but did have some amazing violence. I'm looking at you Mr. Cleaner Predator with the shuriken out of nowhere (3:30 mark in this clip). Way too dark (literally) of a movie though...can't see shit!

I can't see anything in that clip. No wonder that movie was so forgettable. You're not looking at anything.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks better than Prometheus overall, but the trailers for Prom looked pretty good too...

And yeah, relying on nostalgia.....or more specifically like its filled with callbacks to Alien. Its like they are trying to go beat for beat except its a colonization mission instead of commercial.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Where are the pulse rifles and space marines? :( What I really want is a spin off movie of them wrecking shit up like in Aliens (best movie ever btw)

RIP Hudson/Bill Paxton.

Trailer looks pretty good.

I'll watch it at the cinema; I'm a sucker for Alien movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i mean it looks kinda cool, but the alien headbanging on the glass looks kinda retarded too

i don't really get the timeline anymore though. so prometheus establishes that there was a ship noomi rapeface and david took off on "to find the engineer home world". Unless there is a crazy twist, this movie takes place on the planet the two of them crash on, where david plants some wheat I guess and creates some alien eggs from squid alien + rapeface.

now these fuckbois land on this planet to "colonize it", and are fucked sideways. they either all die on the planet, which means its LV 426, or they make it to another planet in an engineer ship and then crash and die there with an alien on board, which makes a bunch of eggs and dies but sets up the Alien movie.

Uh... ok, I guess thats like filling in the "so what happened between prometheus and alien" but who the fuck really cares? What happened to the engineers? Why do they never show up in Alien 1 & 2 (the rest of the movies are erased from canon I assume)? Why does Weylan-Yutani keep sending rando retards to investigate the same alien? What exactly is their plan to go from "make aliens" to "make amazing weapon"?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
i mean it looks kinda cool, but the alien headbanging on the glass looks kinda retarded too

That behavior doesn't match what we've seen from them. It was an odd clip.

The trailer looks pretty good but at the same time this doesn't look enough like it's own movie to me. Do we just assume it's a soft reboot?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not that uncommon for aliens to bash their way through things to get to people in the comics. Despite it being severely retarded corps always want the aliens for bioweapons even after they repeatedly wipe out colonies and planets. It's consistent at least.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Still looks equally retarded as prometheus was but this time sprinkled with bullshit callbacks to Alien and Aliens.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

i don't really get the timeline anymore though. so prometheus establishes that there was a ship noomi rapeface and david took off on "to find the engineer home world". Unless there is a crazy twist, this movie takes place on the planet the two of them crash on, where david plants some wheat I guess and creates some alien eggs from squid alien + rapeface.

now these fuckbois land on this planet to "colonize it", and are fucked sideways. they either all die on the planet, which means its LV 426, or they make it to another planet in an engineer ship and then crash and die there with an alien on board, which makes a bunch of eggs and dies but sets up the Alien movie.

Uh... ok, I guess thats like filling in the "so what happened between prometheus and alien" but who the fuck really cares? What happened to the engineers? Why do they never show up in Alien 1 & 2 (the rest of the movies are erased from canon I assume)? Why does Weylan-Yutani keep sending rando retards to investigate the same alien? What exactly is their plan to go from "make aliens" to "make amazing weapon"?

All excellent fucking questions of which I expect none of this to be answered within the movie.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well...it seems, Sci fi channel blew most of their budget by hiring Ridley Scott.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The engineers back story will be some shoehorned in exposition by David that satisfies no one and adds nothing substantial to the movie.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
The engineers back story will be some shoehorned in exposition by David that satisfies no one and adds nothing substantial to the movie.
All that work Shaw put in to survive only to be stuck sucking andriod dick her remaining days and planting wheat in crappy world. Can't wait to see it!

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New David might find decapitated David and interface with him. David's grand experiment then begins anew.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
New David might find decapitated David and interface with him. David's grand experiment then begins anew.

Yeah this is pretty much insinuated by the trailers. Shaw and David land on the planet in this movie, Shaw lives out her human life, grows plants, dies (for whatever reason). David lives on as a head until found by David 3000, Aliens ensues.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
While I do LOVE that we are getting more Alien films its quite obvious that
David is the architect of the Xenomorph and the "Father" to the species as we know it. I would bet he has spent considerable time understanding the Engineer culture and technology and in some way has come to understand what their philosophy was and has picked up the mantle to continue their work.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Looks like Ridley Scott and Fox have lost their fucking minds:

How Noomi Rapace Will Return for 'Alien: Covenant,' Plus: at Least Four More 'Alien' Movies in the Works

Warning: The following article may contain spoilers for both Alien: Covenant and the films that may potentially follow it.

In advance of Alien: Covenant arriving in theaters on May 19, director Ridley Scott joined stars Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride at the SXSW Film Festival for a screening of the original Alien, followed by new footage from Alien: Covenant. It was there that Fandango caught up with the trio to talk a little more about Covenant and how it differs from Prometheus (it'll be gorier!), as well as how it all connects to Scott's original 1979 Alien movie.

As we began our conversation, we asked Scott how Covenant would separate itself from Prometheus.

"It's beginning to answer the who and why," he said. "It's definitely gorier, and smarter. In it, we raise some very interesting questions about the position and possibility of AI against human condition, and it crosses into the zone of apartheid -- kind of like how Roy Batty was treated like a second-class citizen [in Blade Runner]. And so is David (Michael Fassbender). The knee-jerk was to create a second-class citizen, even if he is superior to everyone. So the natural thing to do at the end of Prometheus was to send them off together because when you think you've got it, you've got to keep the characters alive, as opposed to killing them. And [Coventant] starts to answer the who and why."

prometheusnoomi.jpg

Scott referenced "them," meaning both Fassbender's android character David, as well as Noomi Rapace's character, Elizabeth Shaw. They were the only two left alive at the end of Prometheus, and we cut away from the duo as they begin their search for the Engineers' home world. We've known for a while that Rapace would return in some form for Covenant, but how and in what way remains a mystery. So we asked Scott how, exactly, Rapace would return.

"Yes, in a way," he said, confirming she'll be in the film. "Not fully, but in a way. She was integral to what David carried out later."

Based on those comments it would appear David did something to her or used her in some way that will prove to be a central plot point as far as what David has been up to since we last saw him.

You'll see!" Waterston added. "There are certain things you don't want to know. You don't want to know that!"

Recently, Scott said he could continue making Alien movies as long as there's an appetite for them, and that the next film is already written. We tried to ask him just how many were on the books now, and we warn you that the following may be a bitspoilery...

"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien," he said.

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

While those answers all seemed like they came in pieces, what we got out of it was that there may be another Alien movie calledAlien: Awakening, and it may either come after the events of Covenant or between Prometheus and Covenant. And that the next one would complete a trilogy, at which time Scott has another three Alien films in his mind.

When asked whether those other three Alien films would take place after the events of his own original Alien, he said no, referencing the fact that other movies have already been there, done that.

We'll have more with Scott, Waterston and McBride as we inch closer to the May 19 release date of Alien: Covenant. Check out the latest trailer below.

facepalm.jpg