Alien: Covenant (2017)

Inque

FunEmployed
Click the spoiler if you want to download and watch 10 minutes of awesome. This is the leaked footage from the Alien day showings...

Use VLC Player to show the video upright. In Windows Media Player it's sideways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Earlier some of you were talking about xenomorphs surrounding the ship landing pad in the prologue piece. What if it was another Engineer seed planet, and those are human relatives, and david hits em with goo to see what happens, since thats what the engineers he met had planned to do to earth? He does kinda just do things just to see what happens.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The swarm like feel does not make it look like any human relative. at 2:12 in the prologue you can see them pouring out of an entrance to the central arena thing, that shit looks like your worst zerg nightmare from above.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Click the spoiler if you want to download and watch 10 minutes of awesome. This is the leaked footage from the Alien day showings...

Use VLC Player to show the video upright. In Windows Media Player it's sideways.

Wait, what is this exactly?

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist

Gonna have to say that was pretty tight.

If he just stuck to the intimate spaces and tension that made Alien great then THAT would've been in Prometheus.

Pretty hyped now.

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
Now THATS what I am talking about!

Looked up the writers...no Lindelof (obviously) but one of them wrote Logan and is the showrunner for American Gods.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Inque

FunEmployed
@Kilroy, it's footage from Alien Covenant, about 10 minutes worth.

• 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
Nah, unless you want to see the results of two of the creatures being born. One of which was in the trailer anyway.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Hmm.
The two things that I liked was David's amused expression as the second Xenomorph burst out and merrily ran away, and the fact that we are getting the Alien 3 mini-Xeno's at birth instead of the chest bursters. If this movie had chest bursters, the whole scene on the lander just doesn't happen as they are almost completely non threatening.

I still don't like how much of it is reliant on people doing dumb shit. BOTH women slipped on the blood, I mean... come on. Then the black one grabs a knife to defend herself... and proceeds to not use it, as a creature the size of a house cat clambers on her, she doesn't even so much as slash as it. I was expecting her to accidentally stab herself in the face trying to kill it. Instead she just kind of takes it.

Also, the first Xenomorph took a short range shotgun blast and just rolled it off. Sergeant Apone was using a shotgun to great effect in Aliens against full sized drones. That blast should have turned the mini-Xeno into a cloud of acid, which could have then fallen on the fuel tanks or whatever they were and detonated the lander to the same effect, while keeping with the canon.

Oh well, looks better than Prometheus at any rate

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Only thing that scene proves is don't take women on serious missions anywhere, unless you want poorly handled situations because of an inherent inability to control emotional behavior. Ellen Ripley, and the chick from Prometheus are the defacto exception and not the norm. Are these the female heroes that the femis wanted, because its on par. They even get snappy when they're told to calm down because they're not maintaining any semblance of composure. A movie filled with women reacting poorly to high pressure situations, fantastic.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm.
The two things that I liked was David's amused expression as the second Xenomorph burst out and merrily ran away, and the fact that we are getting the Alien 3 mini-Xeno's at birth instead of the chest bursters. If this movie had chest bursters, the whole scene on the lander just doesn't happen as they are almost completely non threatening.

I still don't like how much of it is reliant on people doing dumb shit. BOTH women slipped on the blood, I mean... come on. Then the black one grabs a knife to defend herself... and proceeds to not use it, as a creature the size of a house cat clambers on her, she doesn't even so much as slash as it. I was expecting her to accidentally stab herself in the face trying to kill it. Instead she just kind of takes it.

Also, the first Xenomorph took a short range shotgun blast and just rolled it off. Sergeant Apone was using a shotgun to great effect in Aliens against full sized drones. That blast should have turned the mini-Xeno into a cloud of acid, which could have then fallen on the fuel tanks or whatever they were and detonated the lander to the same effect, while keeping with the canon.

Oh well, looks better than Prometheus at any rate

Sounds like an awesome movie. Can't wait to see..............NOPE!

• 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I believe that was Walter and not David.

mqdefault.jpg

khorum

Murder Apologist
Only thing that scene proves is don't take women on serious missions anywhere, unless you want poorly handled situations because of an inherent inability to control emotional behavior. Ellen Ripley, and the chick from Prometheus are the defacto exception and not the norm. Are these the female heroes that the femis wanted, because its on par. They even get snappy when they're told to calm down because they're not maintaining any semblance of composure. A movie filled with women reacting poorly to high pressure situations, fantastic.
It was a seed colony and the couples were sent to start families etc.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I really hope that CGI isn't finished.
I thought that leak was from a screening tho... was it off an avid editting session or something?

There was that woman's head up there and whoever taped it didn't bother to turn his phone sideways.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I thought that leak was from a screening tho... was it off an avid editting session or something?

There was that woman's head up there and whoever taped it didn't bother to turn his phone sideways.

It was from alien day some teaser thing not the whole film.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
It was a good leak, this should have been posted officially! I am now really interested in seeing this!

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It was a seed colony and the couples were sent to start families etc.

While I appreciate the scenario, as it's the setup for Aliens....the fact is, it was the S E T U P for Aliens, the preclude to the movie. Who the fuck wants to watch a bunch of nambi pambies get wrecked? I want some mother fucking Special Forces, that engage and fight, and have more fucking character in a fucked up situation, then loud screeching and crying.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I rewatched Prometheus last night and I didn't hate it as much as some others.

I am definitely looking forward to this one and purposely not watching every single thing that comes out.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users