Alien: Covenant (2017)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Basically what I thought EXCEPT I figured Wayland was serious about the mission but the board of directors thought he would die either way and sent a zombie crew in hopes they found nothing or they ALL died including the heir during it. Shame she had to die because I would be totally down watching her ass in the next several Alien movies ( CT ).

That one is also kinda funny. Just pay whatever it takes to send him away and go back to building sex robots. Weyland was like Ford in Westworld. I only want my androids used in this one specific manner profits be damned!

So they put him on a space ship, shot him to another solar system, and started cranking out 10000000 copies of Pris from Blade Runner. Tall, blonde, and crazy. Just like the people like.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
That one is also kinda funny. Just pay whatever it takes to send him away and go back to building sex robots. Weyland was like Ford in Westworld. I only want my androids used in this one specific manner profits be damned!

So they put him on a space ship, shot him to another solar system, and started cranking out 10000000 copies of Pris from Blade Runner. Tall, blonde, and crazy. Just like the people like.
Can you blame them? Crazy women would be awesome if a off switch actually stopped them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
That trailer looks so sick. Spreading freedom and democracy to other worlds.

But lets be real, how do they make up for the last movie?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
that trailer looks like a completely different movie from the previous trailer, but you know the movie is gonna be like 10 mins of engineer homeworld and then 80 minutes of alien 1: the re-aliening

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a platform I can support.

The prologue deal looked pretty good, though I may be mis-remembering but didn't the chick know that David is the one who basically killed her boyfriend/husband/whatever?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's a platform I can support.

The prologue deal looked pretty good, though I may be mis-remembering but didn't the chick know that David is the one who basically killed her boyfriend/husband/whatever?

Chicks do weird shit when they are stuck on an alien spaceship in the middle of nowhere heading further into the middle of nowhere with a decapitated android head!

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When David puts Shaw in the sleep capsule, why does she look like a hippie? why isn't she like wearing underwear (that we always see everyone wear once they enter or get out of hypersleep in all sci-fi), is that basically her death capsule? she's like dressed funny and is straddled in some knitted sleeping bag, she gonna die en route and David finally becomes a real boy, b/c he learns the most terrifying human emotion... RAGE!!!

which is why he goes to Engineer world and dumps a sea of goo on em.

Oldbased

> Than U
When David puts Shaw in the sleep capsule, why does she look like a hippie? why isn't she like wearing underwear (that we always see everyone wear once they enter or get out of hypersleep in all sci-fi), is that basically her death capsule? she's like dressed funny and is straddled in some knitted sleeping bag, she gonna die en route and David finally becomes a real boy, b/c he learns the most terrifying human emotion... RAGE!!!

which is why he goes to Engineer world and dumps a sea of goo on em.
A good bet she didn't get time to pack her clothes when the ship she was riding on blew up ramming an alien space vessel and the pod she sought oxygen in was occupied by a raging feminist alien.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol this movie is going over its head.
Thousands of goo jars? Really? Are we going with this route?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I went and rewatched Prometheus. It was only the second time I've seen it.

The dumb parts that I thought were dumb before are still super dumb but the better aspects of the film came through more this time around. I can better understand why people like it. There's plenty of good stuff in there.

It still gets very potato at times though. Boy does Elizabeth's husband suck. If you edited out everything he says or does I think it would be a net improvement. If you purge him, the stoner geologist that gets lost despite bringing his own tracking drones and exo-biologist that can't recognize cobra behavior I think the movie would take a huge step forward.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It still gets very potato at times though. Boy does Elizabeth's husband suck. If you edited out everything he says or does I think it would be a net improvement. If you purge him, the stoner geologist that gets lost despite bringing his own tracking drones and exo-biologist that can't recognize cobra behavior I think the movie would take a huge step forward.
Actually if you just purge the husband character, movie would move right along and be entirely cohesive.

There is no purpose for his character, other than a sperm/alien delivery system, and for that you can easily have a plethora of men on the ship + wine, and we'll say "sure that could happen".

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He's straight up the worst part of the film and what really dragged it down for me on the initial viewing. He's such a fucking jackass.

Shaw banging someone else that got dosed would have been fine.

Caliane

What the fuck how is this the same movie?
yeah. not sure... Prologue could be literal. its just a prologue that will not effect the "actual" movie in any real way.

What i gather from that. They visit the planet. the engineer homeworld has been overrun by the xenomorph weapon, machines just on autopilot. (note the ground clearly has large masses of living beings in a horde. Xenomorph behavior, not engineer expected behavior. So, David "nukes" them with the jars, or nukes that just look similar to the jars.
We've never actually seen a world overrun by them. Basically always an uninhabited world, or colony with an outbreak, that needs to be contained.

Cut to the "real" movie, starring the colonists.

• 1Like