Alien: Romulus (2024)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

worth a watch at home if you missed it in theaters, its got some goofy moments especially the last 30 but its got some really cool scenes too

Wonder if this will come to Hulu at the same time, since it was originally for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Wonder if this will come to Hulu at the same time, since it was originally for it.
I guess we'll see! I'll check it out when it comes to streaming, based on everything that folks have said, different reviews I've watched, I'm still in the corner of it's a stinker.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I guess we'll see! I'll check it out when it comes to streaming, based on everything that folks have said, different reviews I've watched, I'm still in the corner of it's a stinker.
It sounds like a typical horror flick.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It sounds like a typical horror flick.
Yeah except I'm sure it's not necessarily scary, from everything I've seen all it is is just call backs to remember this, remember that.

All I want to do is harness my inner Rich Evans and Mike and my brain is just saying AT-STs, AT-STs!

Instead it's Facehuggers!

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m waiting for it to hit some type of streaming too. Let me know what you find it on.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is this one even worth a torrent?
Probably if you're an alien fan, that's why I'm going to watch it because I've seen every film in the franchise, and have a retarded amount of comics, but I'm not getting my hopes up based upon what reviews and people in the thread have said.

It just sounds like a bunch of member berries BS, but I'll cast my final judgment after I see it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Is this one even worth a torrent?
Like a Roomba over dog shit.

wvegr 3625g4.jpg

• 1Worf

nettripper

Silver Squire
This movie fucking sucked

it was so so but when the dude quoted Hudson and into fucking slender man crap

it’s a movie for short kings to have something to have for a hero since the midget is 5’1 and can do what she did towards the end

They pulled a alien 4 and Prometheus combo

m4uhd for the high seas

at least it was HD crap

• 1Worf

Radicale

Vyemm Raider
If they left out the cockney, the black dude the Asian chick the strong smart woman and the Mexican. They’d probably have a good movie.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Should have called it Alien: Retarded Teenagers instead of Alien: Romulus. I was rooting for the alien 10 minutes in. The most ridiculously bad diversity hires I've ever seen in a movie. Only because rings of power is a TV show though.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Should have called it Alien: Retarded Teenagers instead of Alien: Romulus. I was rooting for the alien 10 minutes in. The most ridiculously bad diversity hires I've ever seen in a movie. Only because rings of power is a TV show though.
Well the director did want it to be a horror movie. Teenagers making retarded decisions is a staple of the genre.

• 2Like

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Well the director did want it to be a horror movie. Teenagers making retarded decisions is a staple of the genre.

He did a bad job. Seems like he just copy pasted the original mostly, with some really dumb stuff added in, and a worthless cast. Like what's up with the butthole eyes black guy? I hate how all these advanced robots in aliens look like some dumb guy off the street. And this robot really was dumb! But I guess it keeps the budget down. They didn't even put the last girl in sexy underwear this time. Just some gay ass boy shorts. Couldn't even get that part right.
That's the part that made the end of OG aliens so good. You have this giant penis head monster chasing around some young girl in skimpy underwear. This film just shit all over the ending with no sexual tension involved.

Last edited:
  • 1Great Review

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh, this sounds like a good candidate to hate watch, were they so bad acting, it became comical?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He did a bad job. Seems like he just copy pasted the original mostly, with some really dumb stuff added in, and a worthless cast. Like what's up with the butthole eyes black guy? I hate how all these advanced robots in aliens look like some dumb guy off the street. And this robot really was dumb! But I guess it keeps the budget down. They didn't even put the last girl in sexy underwear this time. Just some gay ass boy shorts. Couldn't even get that part right.
That's the part that made the end of OG aliens so good. You have this giant penis head monster chasing around some young girl in skimpy underwear. This film just shit all over the ending with no sexual tension involved.

I mean, the short-shorts she's in at the end of the movie are sexy enough and not too far off from underwear.

This thread really turned into a bunch of bitching and moaning for some reason. Most of us watched it when it was new, liked it okay, and moved on.

• 1Like

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't think the start of the film went so bad, typical space horror tension. I was pretty fine until they first started to introduce the aliens. At that point it tried to transition from Alien to Aliens, just a worse less nostalgic version.

I lost all interest in the last third where they seemed to transition to Alien Resurrection / Alien Covenant Vibes.

If they would have kept it simple I think it would have worked better, but then I would probably be here complaining about how it just remade the original.

It's a bit of a lose / lose for the studio. I'm not sure what would have made me happy, but this was not it.

• 2Like

nettripper

Silver Squire
The one thing I think I can say for a compliment

- turning off the gravity

But that’s only cause I’m not sure if aliens can stick to the walls Spider-Man style but if not then it’s a good move

Dumb there’s lots

- the black synthetic needs to be told it has a new primary….oh you’re right now that you’ve told me

- the black goo bypassed the Latina and went for the child only and not both ??!

- ash synthetic is getting the bishop treatment and thats one of the standard printed out models?

- nostromo name survived the nuclear style explosion??

- they string the alien up fucking dead jeeper creeper style?!

- the harpoon is still in it…not melted or pulled out?

Whatever