Ancient Civilizations

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dangerous to those who believe stuff that frauds are producing about Atlantis and tangentially potentially dangerous to the system of science because it shows public is all to willing to abandon science in search of some romantic and mystical notion of the past.

Why are you reading leftist trash like the guardian though?
frauds? speculating about things is not fraud. its also not fraud if the supposed fraudster isnt stealing anything tangible. he's just giving his opinion about something he's passionate about and its obvious he does a lot of research on it.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
frauds? speculating about things is not fraud. its also not fraud if the supposed fraudster isnt stealing anything tangible. he's just giving his opinion about something he's passionate about and its obvious he does a lot of research on it.
When you know the things you're speculating about are false, then your speculation turns into a fraud.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
When you know the things you're speculating about are false, then your speculation turns into a fraud.
thats not what fraud means and you know about as much as anyone else what was or wasnt in Mauritania 10k years ago. you're entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
thats not what fraud means and you know about as much as anyone else what was or wasnt in Mauritania 10k years ago. you're entitled to your opinion, but thats all it is.
The current crop of "my way or the highway" people would rather believe Wakanda is real, more so than whitey mcwhite-white Atlantis. As if we actually know what the fuck even existed in 10,000 BC, when even fucking plastic has disintegrated in that time frame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

The current crop of "my way or the highway" people would rather believe Wakanda is real, more so than whitey mcwhite-white Atlantis. As if we actually know what the fuck even existed in 10,000 BC, when even fucking plastic has disintegrated in that time frame.
The industrial revolution and every decade since it started has put enough shit in the atmosphere to be noticed in, at a minimum, Greenland's glaciers and eventually Antarctica's massive glaciers (not to mention the various other glaciers around the world). The Greenland glaciers go back at least 100,000 years and the Antarctic ones go back at least 750,000 years. Explaining how an industrial, let alone an advanced society developed without leaving a trace in the ice cores, especially so close to Greenland, seems like an extreme hurdle.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The industrial revolution and every decade since it started has put enough shit in the atmosphere to be noticed in, at a minimum, Greenland's glaciers and eventually Antarctica's massive glaciers (not to mention the various other glaciers around the world). The Greenland glaciers go back at least 100,000 years and the Antarctic ones go back at least 750,000 years. Explaining how an industrial, let alone an advanced society developed without leaving a trace in the ice cores, especially so close to Greenland, seems like an extreme hurdle.
There also wasn't 7 billion people on the planet in 10k BC. Ice core samples likely wouldn't detect Atlantis which stood out amongst other ancient civs for their comparatively advanced technology while many other cultures were living in homes made using their own shit.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this is not exactly true.

Anything deposited as snowfall and compacted into the icesheet of greenland or antartica younger than 100k years ago through about 12k years ago would have actually melted during the younger dryas/great warming/great floods period and that's all now ocean water.

Ice core samples are fine if you are just looking for generic atmospheric markers across history but you have to understand that the glaciers are not growing at a set rate every year and thus they can't be used as calendars. During warming and cooling periods the top levels melt or grow faster than average. When 90%f the glaciers melt causing the oceans to rise 400 feet you've lost all that "ice core" history.

Daidraco

There also wasn't 7 billion people on the planet in 10k BC. Ice core samples likely wouldn't detect Atlantis which stood out amongst other ancient civs for their comparatively advanced technology while many other cultures were living in homes made using their own shit.
He's leading you. Whether he's doing it intentionally or he is just prone to forcing his interpretations upon other people passively is irrelevant.

"Advanced" has been used for fucking ever though. Obviously not the exact word, but the definition of it spread across all languages. What may have been "advanced" to comparable civilizations back then, may be something that we, today, would consider just as archaic. So him assuming we can just do core samples around the planet and find some mysterious fucking proof of an industrial age, which no one fucking said (only him, leading you), is just a poor attempt at proving you wrong.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He's leading you. Whether he's doing it intentionally or he is just prone to forcing his interpretations upon other people passively is irrelevant.

"Advanced" has been used for fucking ever though. Obviously not the exact word, but the definition of it spread across all languages. What may have been "advanced" to comparable civilizations back then, may be something that we, today, would consider just as archaic. So him assuming we can just do core samples around the planet and find some mysterious fucking proof of an industrial age, which no one fucking said (only him, leading you), is just a poor attempt at proving you wrong.
yes i am aware. i played this game with people who are better at it than him. i respond so people who arent obtuse can see that he's being a d-bag troll and not actually interested in discussing anything.

Burns

The first country to go through an industrial revolution was England in ~1759. England doesn't look much bigger than that Atlantis map above. The lead released in those early years is detected in Greenland ice cores (source). If Atlantis had moved from industrial to advanced enough to produce plastic, then the industry should have been at least as wide spread as those early years in England, for a much longer period of time. So they should have produced more than enough byproducts to also be detected.

2024-07-28 09.43.18 ars.els-cdn.com 1cf369678d32.png

Burns

I'm not "interpreting" anything. There is no evidence to interpret, when there should be, is what I am saying.

You're making claims without evidence and then deride people who don't want to play along with your farce. Which make it no different than the ancient aliens and monster hunter shows on the History channel.

Daidraco

I'm not "interpreting" anything. There is no evidence to interpret is what I am saying.
That statement makes no fucking sense. You're "interpreting" my line "Even plastic deteriorates in that time frame" to mean that there was an industrial revolution. No one said Atlantis had an industrial revolution. First and foremost, you dont need a fucking industrial revolution to make basic fucking plastics. Why you're associating that with plastic is just being short sighted. Secondly, I brought Plastic up as an example to show how much time has passed since it takes a long time for fucking plastic to deteriorate. Longer than most other materials in use, today. You're grasping at fucking straws just so you can follow your own fucking made up time line. Its fucking insufferable on levels similar to talking to Chris.

Burns

That statement makes no fucking sense. You're "interpreting" my line "Even plastic deteriorates in that time frame" to mean that there was an industrial revolution. No one said Atlantis had an industrial revolution. First and foremost, you dont need a fucking industrial revolution to make basic fucking plastics. Why you're associating that with plastic is just being short sighted. Secondly, I brought Plastic up as an example to show how much time has passed since it takes a long time for fucking plastic to deteriorate. Longer than most other materials in use, today. You're grasping at fucking straws just so you can follow your own fucking made up time line. Its fucking insufferable on levels similar to talking to Chris.
Combining your two comments on plastic that I have read in the last week or two, with that of the nylon posts (from sylas) previously, yes, I thought the whole mystique around Atlantis was that of an "advanced" civilization that did not share any of it's technology (that must have made nylon and plastics). So bad assumption on my part I guess.

The rest made me curious on plastic front, how do you make plastic without distilling oil? How does one distill oil without industrialization?

How do you know how long it takes plastic to break down? Last I read, plastic is not "breaking down" as organics do, it just gets smaller and smaller and the evidence of it will never disappear. It's why microplastics are in everything, from the deepest oceans, to the highest peaks (including the human blood stream).

Last edited:

Daidraco

Combining your two comments on plastic that I have read in the last week or two, with that of the nylon posts (from sylas) previously, yes, I thought the whole mystique around Atlantis was that of an "advanced" civilization that did not share any of it's technology (that must have made nylon and plastics). So bad assumption on my part I guess.

The rest made me curious on plastic front, how do you make plastic without distilling oil? How does one distill oil without industrialization?

How do you know how long it takes plastic to break down? Last I read, plastic is not "breaking down" as organics do, it just gets smaller and smaller and the evidence of it will never disappear. It's why microplastics are in everything, from the deepest oceans, to the highest peaks (including the human blood stream).
Heres a great website for you to find all the answers you're looking for:
www.google.com

Burns

Heres a great website for you to find all the answers you're looking for:
www.google.com
You don't think I looked it up before asking the questions? I couldn't find anything contradicting the questions I asked. Yet you seem to have some secret knowledge that plastics will be undetectable after 10,000 years.

Daidraco

You don't think I looked it up before asking the questions? I couldn't find anything contradicting the questions I asked. Yet you seem to have some secret knowledge that plastics will be undetectable after 10,000 years.
Leading again with "undetectable." No one said "undetectable." Much less why plastics matter. Again, you're leading with the plastics motive and are being intellectually dishonest.

Burns

As if we actually know what the fuck even existed in 10,000 BC, when even fucking plastic has disintegrated in that time frame.
Leading again with "undetectable." No one said "undetectable." Much less why plastics matter. Again, you're leading with the plastics motive and are being intellectually dishonest.
Then I guess I don't understand your point in regards to bringing up "plastic disintegrating in that time frame" (10,000 years). That is what I was always responding to.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The first country to go through an industrial revolution was England in ~1759. England doesn't look much bigger than that Atlantis map above. The lead released in those early years is detected in Greenland ice cores (source). If Atlantis had moved from industrial to advanced enough to produce plastic, then the industry should have been at least as wide spread as those early years in England, for a much longer period of time. So they should have produced more than enough byproducts to also be detected.

View attachment 538753
I wasn't talking about plastics and lead. I'm talking about mechanical engineering. This hypothetical Atlantis would have impressive stone rings surrounding the main fortress/castle. Very similar to Gondor with ports for all the incoming and outgoing ships. When the massive wall of water came in and washed the structures and the land away it set trade and technology back thousands of years

Burns

I wasn't talking about plastics and lead. I'm talking about mechanical engineering. This hypothetical Atlantis would have impressive stone rings surrounding the main fortress/castle. Very similar to Gondor with ports for all the incoming and outgoing ships. When the massive wall of water came in and washed the structures and the land away it set trade and technology back thousands of years
Well, that certainly seem reasonable and more likely, if there was such a place.

An iron age city state, that sank without a trace, far off the coast of Europe & N. Africa, 5,000 - 10,000 years ago is still a bridge too far for me, but then the main problem becomes more of a geological timeframe mater. In that, there would need to be an explanation of how a landmass just disappears in such a "short" time period.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, that certainly seem reasonable and more likely, if there was such a place.

An iron age city state, that sank without a trace, far off the coast of Europe & N. Africa, 5,000 - 10,000 years ago is still a bridge too far for me, but then the main problem becomes more of a geological timeframe mater. In that, there would need to be an explanation of how a landmass just disappears in such a "short" time period.
its not so much disappeared but as a dissipation. the whatever disaster that swept Atlantis into the ocean would have spread the ruins all over the coast line or into sea. what was left was looted and repurposed by the locals or just buried over time. Mauritania just so happens to have the worlds biggest resource for gold.
in case you were wondering why such a major trade hub would be so far from Europe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user