Ashes of Creation

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AMA starts on twitch at 2 PM EST. Supposed to discuss the Alpha 2 roadmap along with surrounding pertinent information.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

October 25th is the official date for Alpha 2 Phase 1 No NDA

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

It is limited. Weekends only until Dec. 20th. Then it goes 5 days a week until May 1st of 2025 when the servers go 24/7.

Major content updates every 6 weeks. Nice...

Lots of info coming out. Summoner is the last class.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
key sales restart aug 21. sold by the phase. limited numbers. you do not need to buy each phase. Your acess starts at the phase you purchase and continues on from there.

• 1Picard

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's the buy in?
Theyre turned off currently, but Im sure when we're closer to Oct 25th they'll release the new price points. Think most of us in the thread have already been invited/paid in, for reference. Hope you're down, though.

• 1Picard

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is that buying keys just for alpha access? Or does it come with game access at release?

I can't believe we're even at the point in gaming where I have to ask if they're charging people to test their game, but here we are.

Daidraco

Is that buying keys just for alpha access? Or does it come with game access at release?

I can't believe we're even at the point in gaming where I have to ask if they're charging people to test their game, but here we are.
AOC.jpg

I have the video up on the other screen and finally got to the part where it lists the costs. You're gaining access to Alpha 2, only. Nothing else comes with these keys, not even Beta access. I think theyre fucking up by not giving beta access with these keys, but I guess from their standpoint they dont want everyone signing up. Just wanted to have a solid group of people to play with when it is up, personally.

• 1Pathetic

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I can't blame them. People will obviously pay it, but twenty years ago suggesting consumers pay to test your game for you would seem insane. Hell, the early access thing we've had for the last 15 years would've been laughed at.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mahes

Based on that stream, this game might not even be released in 2026. It was odd not seeing all of the archtype classes as part of phase 3. I could live without Navel combat being ready, but not being able to actually fully test all of the classes until maybe late 2025 or early 2026, is telling of progress. Not to mention how often they kept hammering in the point that all of the goals were tentative, which leads me to think that they are not so positive about the dates.

This is not the Alpha 2 that Alpha 2 was supposed to be. I think the pressure on time is beginning to show and that is why Alpha 2 changed a bit.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean, I can't blame them. People will obviously pay it, but twenty years ago suggesting consumers pay to test your game for you would seem insane. Hell, the early access thing we've had for the last 15 years would've been laughed at.
They are starving for cash. Flip a coin if it ever makes it to full release.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll

Daidraco

They are starving for cash. Flip a coin if it ever makes it to full release.
Any notable source for that? If they are, its whatever. The game looks "foundationally" pretty solid when it comes to seeing leaks and not curated content from the company itself. I've looked into these claims a couple times and they are always dead ends with some no-name journalist basically being Mr. Sox. Last I read, Steven Sharif is still mostly preoccupied with his real estate and he supposedly brought in "tens of millions" in 2023. That could just as well be hearsay, too, though.

Based on that stream, this game might not even be released in 2026. It was odd not seeing all of the archtype classes as part of phase 3. I could live without Navel combat being ready, but not being able to actually fully test all of the classes until maybe late 2025 or early 2026, is telling of progress. Not to mention how often they kept hammering in the point that all of the goals were tentative, which leads me to think that they are not so positive about the dates.

This is not the Alpha 2 that Alpha 2 was supposed to be. I think the pressure on time is beginning to show and that is why Alpha 2 changed a bit.
I think theyre going to cut back a lot of the world size and some features like you mentioned, Deep Water Naval Combat. If we go by what they've designed in the SW Corner of the map - those areas seem mostly put together, with dungeons, mob camps, triggered quests, etc. With how much content has went into those areas, its hard for me to believe that they are going to repeat that 10 times over before an actual release.

I do agree that release isnt looking good for 2026 with what has been currently promised, but we'll have 24/7 access. Which, if the game needs to go down the "Release in chunks" - I'll completely understand.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah. Charging $100-120 for an alpha test screams broke to me.

They've probably got a pretty base game in place but need extra cash to deliver on most of the content promises. I strongly suspect the alpha test will be extremely basic - hack&slash and some really basic building mechanics.

• 1Picard

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$120 to alpha test a game, just alpha test, nothing else. Insanity.

Be different if that $120 came with beta accees then a headstart for release at minimum(need in game stuff too) but wow just nothing.

• 1Worf