Assassin's Creed Shadows

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not a big fan of this game series, not following this game at all. I did skim through this thread to see if this new game was cool.

Reading all these posts about your fucking nerds spazzing out is fucking wild. A lot of you are unhinged, frothing at the mouth with racist shit either way on a fucking gaming message board. Grand level conspiracy shit. Holy fuck some of you nerds need to log the fuck off and live real life.
Representation in western media of marginalized groups like east asian males is important, especially in the culture and history that belongs to them

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly. The racists are the ones inserting him into a culture he was never a part of. And don't get me started on the girl boss ninja.

In a country with a rich and extensive and documented military history this game is a fucking joke.

They could get away with this shit in sub saharan africa though. Where they never learned to read or write or invent anything as complex as the wheel.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Except blacks have never once created a civilization worth trying to infiltrate with assassins and templars.

Oh I think they could do an interesting game on the Zulu wars or the colonial wars. Even up to the Boer conflicts in the 1960s.

But all of those records are from the Europeans.

There's definitely a lot of interesting history and conflict there. And they would be fine using a george floyd protagonist that no 'racists' would cry about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Just reskin GTA:SA and call CJ an assassin and Tenpenny a templar. Easy peasy racially accurate black setting.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I honestly would find it more believable that there was an actual chimp samurai. I'm not even being a smartass or saying that I don't think a black guy could hold a sword. I just think the Japanese are racist as fuck and would be more likely to train an actual chimp than a black guy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
I honestly would find it more believable that there was an actual chimp samurai. I'm not even being a smartass or saying that I don't think a black guy could hold a sword. I just think the Japanese are racist as fuck and would be more likely to train an actual chimp than a black guy.
The guy he's based off, Yasuke, was pretty much this - the Japanese saw him as a pet and thought it'd be funny to put him in a samurai outfit. Like when you dress your dog up.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Remember, here is an actual Japanese rendition of the Portuguese bringing over Yasuke, future Samurai Lord of Japan. Painted centuries ago.

Hint: He's the one holding the umbrella.

1721824962625.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ubisoft trying to do damage control for this train wrec.

Them acknowledging that Yasuke being a samurai is "a matter of debate" is a surprising amount of give in this day and age.

Maybe now people can stop furiously editing the Wikipedia article to defend their favorite corporations and their semi-religious DEI ideology and just, I don't know, find something more productive to do.

• 2Like
  • 1Slow
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 3 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Them acknowledging that Yasuke being a samurai is "a matter of debate" is a surprising amount of give in this day and age.

Maybe now people can stop furiously editing the Wikipedia article to defend their favorite corporations and their semi-religious DEI ideology and just, I don't know, find something more productive to do.

What's there to debate? Everything was invented by some loser who was obviously trying to cash in on the legend of a fake black samurai.

He got caught with his pants down inventing the entire story, but not until after a bunch of stupid woke companies took this idiots fiction as fact and made actual commercial content about it.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

The fact that you think there was any 'give' in this non-apology is why bullshit non-apologies work so well.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I parachuted in. Why did they make the samurai guy a black dude in Japan and not an Asian guy in Japan? A tall black guy might stick out in Japan, especially a tall black dude buttfucking tiny asian men. Not very stealthy.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I parachuted in. Why did they make the samurai guy a black dude in Japan and not an Asian guy in Japan? A tall black guy might stick out in Japan, especially a tall black dude buttfucking tiny asian men. Not very stealthy.
The Black Guy isnt stealth option. He hammers down tiny Japanese citizens with brute force with Hip Hop music blasting in the background.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't think they've given any real insightful answer this. My guess is:
  • They wanted to have two protagonists, a ninja and a samurai
  • The Samurai should be huge, using unique strength-based attacks and limited capacity for stealth offers better separation from the ninja protagonist.
  • The ninja was already Japanese
  • So a huge African is probably more convincing? I dunno. It's not like there probably won't be 500lbs gargatuan muscular brutes you beat down like in other AC games
  • I remember a leak about how the game's plot was changed by DEI policies, but that could be a larp

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What's there to debate? Everything was invented by some loser who was obviously trying to cash in on the legend of a fake black samurai.

He got caught with his pants down inventing the entire story, but not until after a bunch of stupid woke companies took this idiots fiction as fact and made actual commercial content about it.
no he was doing it b/c he's a jew
and his grandpappy is an auschwitz survivor
and who was japan besties w/ in wwii