Assassin's Creed Shadows

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't think they've given any real insightful answer this. My guess is:
  • They wanted to have two protagonists, a ninja and a samurai
  • The Samurai should be huge, using unique strength-based attacks and limited capacity for stealth offers better separation from the ninja protagonist.
  • The ninja was already Japanese
  • So a huge African is probably more convincing? I dunno. It's not like there probably won't be 500lbs gargatuan muscular brutes you beat down like in other AC games
  • I remember a leak about how the game's plot was changed by DEI policies, but that could be a larp
you forgot both of them are also gay

spronk

FPS noob
cynical take is they did it for the money, ghost of tsushima (very successful) and Rise of Ronin (not successful) already let you play as an asian man in 16-18th century Japan so this game would have released to no controversy or anything if it just let you play as an asian man and woman duo in 16th century japan.

some cunt decides "hey... there was one single black man in Japan in 250 years, what if we made HIM one of the protags?" and of course everyone splooshes immediately and its done to be different and diversity-forward blah blah blah and now there is daily controversary over themes of the game, not the game itself.

if the game sells poorly maybe ubisoft will finally get it in their thick heads that fake diversity is toxic and crippling. if it sells well then expect more ubisoft games with bad decisions like this. Star Wars Outlaws also releases in a little over a month so they will have 2 titles to figure out if their shit stinks or not.

personally i wouldn't buy a new ubisoft game at launch no matter how DEI it is or not since they go on 75% sale within 6 months, its jew-nomics

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Good recap of everything, if anyone (like me), hasn't been following it that close:

Asmond watching the above video, adding some commentary, if you like his content:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They should just make an Assassin's Creed game set in Africa in the slavery times and have you just kill white slavers, land owners, military, and whoever else you want to blame for the enslavement of African people just make them all evil white people. Usually blonde.

Or an Assassin's Creed game where you are working your way towards assassinating Hitler, who is using an Artifact to control people, and let you actually do it because it's a fictional world so why the fuck not?

I bet we could come up with a dozen better ideas than playing as the only Black person in feudal Japan but we wouldn't include unnecessary modern sociopolitical messaging in our period piece violent fantasy game so no one would make it. Just fun gamerplay, over the top action, grotesque disregard for physics and gravity, and a simple exploration into the lives of the people that lived during that Period that is not wholly historically accurate but also not historically disrespectful either. It is, in the end, just a game.

I really hate the people behind modern entertainment, I want to bully them in gym class.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They should just make an Assassin's Creed game set in Africa in the slavery times and have you just kill white slavers, land owners, military, and whoever else you want to blame for the enslavement of African people just make them all evil white people. Usually blonde.

Or an Assassin's Creed game where you are working your way towards assassinating Hitler, who is using an Artifact to control people, and let you actually do it because it's a fictional world so why the fuck not?

I bet we could come up with a dozen better ideas than playing as the only Black person in feudal Japan but we wouldn't include unnecessary modern sociopolitical messaging in our period piece violent fantasy game so no one would make it. Just fun gamerplay, over the top action, grotesque disregard for physics and gravity, and a simple exploration into the lives of the people that lived during that Period that is not wholly historically accurate but also not historically disrespectful either. It is, in the end, just a game.

I really hate the people behind modern entertainment, I want to bully them in gym class.
good luck trying to sneak up to Hitler in Nazi, Germany as a black guy.

• 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
cynical take is they did it for the money, ghost of tsushima (very successful) and Rise of Ronin (not successful) already let you play as an asian man in 16-18th century Japan so this game would have released to no controversy or anything if it just let you play as an asian man and woman duo in 16th century japan.

some cunt decides "hey... there was one single black man in Japan in 250 years, what if we made HIM one of the protags?" and of course everyone splooshes immediately and its done to be different and diversity-forward blah blah blah and now there is daily controversary over themes of the game, not the game itself.

if the game sells poorly maybe ubisoft will finally get it in their thick heads that fake diversity is toxic and crippling. if it sells well then expect more ubisoft games with bad decisions like this. Star Wars Outlaws also releases in a little over a month so they will have 2 titles to figure out if their shit stinks or not.

personally i wouldn't buy a new ubisoft game at launch no matter how DEI it is or not since they go on 75% sale within 6 months, its jew-nomics

While it’s a cynical take, I think there’s most likely some truth to it. Ghost of Tsushima was an Assassin’s Creed game set in Japan that was a better Assassin’s Creed than most of Ubisoft AC games. Now they decided (too late) to make an AC game set in Japan and wanted to make sure they were distinct enough from Ghost of Tsushima. They went with that’s stupid take on it, and it’s backfiring.

I think it was an honest attempt to be different from Ghost and woke incompetence mixed in.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you actually think the slave trade consisted of white people roaming around Africa with traps and nets?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Do you actually think the slave trade consisted of white people roaming around Africa with traps and nets?
Judging by the words "just make them all evil white people", I'm assuming the answer is no.

• 1Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
haha you don't know American Inventors then.

They sold their cousins and enemies to the Bagel Eaters for fucking trinkets.

jews are nothing if not lazy.

There is no "Dr. LivingSTEIN, I presume", is there?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Can't wait until Ubisoft let's you sneak aboard the slave trade ships and kill the Jewish captain for authenticity.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's there to debate? Everything was invented by some loser who was obviously trying to cash in on the legend of a fake black samurai.
The fact that you think there was any 'give' in this non-apology is why bullshit non-apologies work so well.

Wasn't saying it's debatable, was saying that anything besides doubling down is a surprise from these DEI adherents.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wasn't saying it's debatable, was saying that anything besides doubling down is a surprise from these DEI adherents.
Jesus Christ. Does their non-apology contain flat out lies that contradict earlier statements they've made about historical accuracy? Can you still play as a giant black faggot running around brutally murdering asians to a hip hop themed soundtrack?

How exactly are they not doubling down?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ. Does their non-apology contain flat out lies that contradict earlier statements they've made about historical accuracy? Can you still play as a giant black faggot running around brutally murdering asians to a hip hop themed soundtrack?

How exactly are they not doubling down?

DEI adherents giving even a whiff of culpability is a surprise, usually they just ignore or misrepresent any backlash against them while pushing forward at all costs. They're almost always too full of self-righteous fervor to even acknowledge the unpopularity of their positions.

Somehow they're still less obnoxious and self-righteous than you are, though.

• 1Faggotry

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
DEI adherents giving even a whiff of culpability is a surprise, usually they just ignore or misrepresent any backlash against them while pushing forward at all costs. They're almost always too full of self-righteous fervor to even acknowledge the unpopularity of their positions.

Somehow they're still less obnoxious and self-righteous than you are, though.
I have no idea what Gavin looks like, but I always imagine a little short king in a lifted F350. The mental image makes his forum persona very enjoyable.

Angry A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

• 1Worf