Assassin's Creed Shadows

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exactly does not. Their fiscal year ends March 31st, so they need that full month of sales.
Well that rules out my theory that it's financial chicanery to avoid having two high profile flops in the same fiscal year. Seeming more and more like genuine panic and it's sure not a coincidence that they chose to delay the release to black history month.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
we checked ourselves out and we are awesome it turns out

the company is in dire financial straights. The stock market is valuing the company on the books currently at $1.5b or less. It has $1.3b in cash (but burning through it). Its listed assets are valued at $5b (IP, future sales, offices, inventory, etc) which means shareholders are severely undervaluing the company.

Its gonna get bought by a distressed asset Gekko type, mass layoffs, refocus on just a few games, and then sold as an asset flip a few years later. I mean you could literally buy out the company at a 30% premium right now, get back most of the purchase price with cash, layoff everyone, and sell off the franchises for a minor profit except they would probably run into French layoff laws.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Its gonna get bought by a distressed asset Gekko type, mass layoffs, refocus on just a few games, and then sold as an asset flip a few years later. I mean you could literally buy out the company at a 30% premium right now, get back most of the purchase price with cash, layoff everyone, and sell off the franchises for a minor profit except they would probably run into French layoff laws.

Slow Motion Smoking GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
I can't speak for everyone else but, it isn't so much that I vehemently hate the game. Its the fact that I watched Ubisoft slowly fall into mediocrity. The Assassin's Creed franchise started out strong and improved various combat and stealth/social stealth mechanics with each of the early iterations, AC2 being my personal favorite.

Overall, I think AC has lost touch with its unique twist on Hitman style gameplay, where it thrived IMO. If Ubisoft going down grants some IPs another chance at redemption I'm all for it. Lookin' at you Splinter Cell... It's been 11 years now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tasty The Treat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't speak for everyone else but, it isn't so much that I vehemently hate the game. Its the fact that I watched Ubisoft slowly fall into mediocrity. The Assassin's Creed franchise started out strong and improved various combat and stealth/social stealth mechanics with each of the early iterations, AC2 being my personal favorite.

Overall, I think AC has lost touch with its unique twist on Hitman style gameplay, where it thrived IMO. If Ubisoft going down grants some IPs another chance at redemption I'm all for it. Lookin' at you Splinter Cell... It's been 11 years now.
Personally I have given up on Ubisoft ever being able to make anything good ever again. By this point I am simply hoping the entire company goes under so they can sell off their IP's to someone who can actually do them justice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
have they still been fucking around w/ the stupid animus or they admit it was stupid and no one gives a shit?

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
God I fucking hate the animus stuff

Yep gay ass futuristic parkour. Ruins immersion and gameplay wise it's ass. I heard they were adding MORE retarded parkour for some unknown reason.

I won't be playing the black samurai regardless.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn’t mind the animus stuff when it was following Desmond’s storyline. Everything after that sucked.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I recently played a bit of Farcry 5 again. If you look at the technical stuff, graphics, AI, vehicles, animations, all that stuff, it is fucking AMAZING. They have some really good cards on their hands, just failing to play them properly.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
God I fucking hate the animus stuff
I borrowed AC1 from a friend as we both studied The Crusades. The animus stuff made me not play any of the games until I got AC:Odessey as a gift.

I don't know why it cuts to two lesbians in modern day half way through but it sucked.