Awesome Games Done Quick 2017 (Jan 8-15)

Szlia

There are different types of commentary. I really enjoyed Blechy's commentary during the Mario races, where he talks non stop through a very prepared and informative script, but I also like humorous commentary like, say, Spikevegeta. For longer runs like the one fo FFIV it's pretty neat also how they can go in depth about the underlying mechanisms of the game, especially when it comes to hidden or broken things (like, in FF, how the check made to run from battle is fubared with each character checking a different wrong place in memory).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They'd make more money just turning it in to a cam show of her. Maybe she's the plan B if they don't hit donation goals?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What was that chick doing there. Super hot

I feel like there was a different girl with huge tits sitting front row last night. Maybe she disrobed or something. I was half asleep and drugged out on meds so maybe I'm confused.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"What would be your choice"
"Umm.. save the animals"
"Oh... you're one of them"

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ahahaha my god this Batman Forever run is the best one yet. This shit has me rolling.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just caught the last 5 or so minutes of Time Cop run and good lord is it special. The Batman Forever run was also amazing, what the hell.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like the game has to be worse, because of how much work it takes to do anything. At least the movie you can eat popcorn or something while you suffer.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Man that Batman Forever run had me rolling. The two guys were hilarious, game was hilarious, and it legit had an enemy named Tarantual which just fuckin detroyed me.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Shit I forgot this was going on. Saw the post of Metroid rotation on YouTube and realized it was this year's. Going to have rewatch some of these.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You missed some quality commentary, and insight into what not to ever design things like. When they said it was the worst level on the SNES I was skeptical but after that section of floor exploded I had to agree. The crotch grapple swings were also great. It definitely falls into the MST3K realm for games but thank god I didn't have to play it myself.

Szlia

Man that Batman Forever run had me rolling. The two guys were hilarious, game was hilarious, and it legit had an enemy named Tarantual which just fuckin detroyed me.

TARANTULAR!

On a side note, Xelna in the Zelda: A Link to the Past race just casually had the 2nd best run of the game ever. Oh and he is the guy who is the record holder... just about everything went perfectly through the whole run. I suspect that with a little bit of luck in the final Ganon fight he could have improved his world record.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WR 1:23:19
Xelna's marathon time 1:24:08

He had a zero blue ball Agehnim and two cycled the refight.