BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Cleveland

Golden Squire
I went to a rural state school and so many white rednecks drank this stuff like crazy. Hell, if I was really broke but still needed to drink I'd get four pint cans of this and a tall boy of Bud for less that $5 and that was a night (I'm sure it was hell for the toilet the next day).
we had this shit in Ohio....don't even know the name but it came in a white box that said "BEER" in block letters and that was it. $4 for 24 cans in the late 90s

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

AKD123

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sir, Natty Light is the drink of the true redneck alcoholics. The elder ones would graduate to buying it in keg form, of course. At least that was the case for the Texas ones that would frequent the establishment I used to work at.

On they other end, if someone was buying Chimay, I knew they were a real man of culture.
wrong.we dont drink natty light cause i cant get drunk on that. we drink natty ICE! its 5.9 ABV and is made by Budweiser. we dont drink light beer son. i went to the liquor store and bought this captain morgan 4 loko looking shit ive never seen. ill take a pic

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
Taste wise - Genesee Honey Brown is imo one of the best really Cheap beers if you can find it (it's only 4.5% abv though). Sometimes Kroger will have it on sale for $1 per tallboy.

The overall best beer I've had in recent times is that Founder's Dirty Bastard though (I need to one of these days try to track down some Backwoods Bastard to try). I like to try new things sometimes, but where I live now (Columbus) there aren't many places that have a very big selection. It's the total opposite of San Diego - where you had places like Bev Mo all over (like a booze Warehouse), and also even the small ghetto corner markets usually had a pretty solid selection crammed into them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AKD123

i wont even waste my time with a beer that low ABV.im drinking this VooDoo Ranger IPA thats 9.5% ABV and it tastes pretty damn good for the price. lol at drinking light beer. its the same as pissing my money away. to each their own. im not judging

• 2Like

AKD123

Taste wise - Genesee Honey Brown is imo one of the best really Cheap beers if you can find it (it's only 4.5% abv though). Sometimes Kroger will have it on sale for $1 per tallboy.

The overall best beer I've had in recent times is that Founder's Dirty Bastard though (I need to one of these days try to track down some Backwoods Bastard to try). I like to try new things sometimes, but where I live now (Columbus) there aren't many places that have a very big selection. It's the total opposite of San Diego - where you had places like Bev Mo all over (like a booze Warehouse), and also even the small ghetto corner markets usually had a pretty solid selection crammed into them.
yeah thats a damn good beer. Your talking about Stones Dirty Bastard with the gargoyle right? thats really good and expensive as fuck. good taste my man

• 2Like

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah thats a damn good beer. Your talking about Stones Dirty Bastard with the gargoyle right? thats really good and expensive as fuck. good taste my man
No founders- It's a Scotch Ale. You don't see much Stone out here in Ohio. Their Xocoveza is the shit.

Dirty-bastard_hero.png

• 3Like

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good, but this is better.

I'm not super confident that I'd be able to find that one out here, but I might attempt to. Imperial Stout is probably my favorite style, and Founders is a very solid brewery, so it definitely sounds like something I'd like.

Edit - Okay, according to the locator on their site - quite a few places around me should have it.

• 2Like

Burns

wrong.we dont drink natty light cause i cant get drunk on that. we drink natty ICE! its 5.9 ABV and is made by Budweiser. we dont drink light beer son. i went to the liquor store and bought this captain morgan 4 loko looking shit ive never seen. ill take a pic
Natty Ice didn't come in kegs around here (at the time), and can you really reach your true redneck potential w/o jogger rigging your own Kegerator out of some old fridge?? Natty light was $54 per keg where I worked.

• 2Like

AKD123

Natty Ice didn't come in kegs around here, and can you really reach your true redneck potential w/o jogger rigging your own Kegerator out of some old fridge?? Natty light was $54 per keg where I worked.
funny you mentioned that. my dad just told me to get a kegger to save money but im trying to quit. pretty sure i got MS. i had a system going to where i only buy 15 packs but im losing.im back on the whiskey again. not cool

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not super confident that I'd be able to find that one out here, but I might attempt to. Imperial Stout is probably my favorite style, and Founders is a very solid brewery, so it definitely sounds like something I'd like.

Edit - Okay, according to the locator on their site - quite a few places around me should have it.

If you can find Founders, some type of KBS should be available. They make several variations.

If you like that, you should look for New Holland's Dragon's Milk.

large-0061403612411_2_a1c1_0600.jpg

• 3Like

AKD123

holy shit i wanna try that.ive never seen dragons milk.11% too? i need to try that.best beer i ever had was Goose island bourbon stout.yeah i was in Chicago too.at a fancy bar hotel.it was 10 bucks a beer back then

• 2Like