BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haven't bothered trying to go misc in the last month. Saw that it looks like it's officially dead. Can finally remove from my bookmarks bar.

Good riddance.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Haven't bothered trying to go misc in the last month. Saw that it looks like it's officially dead. Can finally remove from my bookmarks bar.

Good riddance.

Well some people were there a long time and had a significant emotional investment so it's reasonable for them to be bothered by the site shutting down...

For shit posters like me, I have been running "This is the end..." as my user title for years because I could not understand why BB.com kept the forum alive!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tasty The Treat

Golden Squire
Well some people were there a long time and had a significant emotional investment so it's reasonable for them to be bothered by the site shutting down...

For shit posters like me, I have been running "This is the end..." as my user title for years because I could not understand why BB.com kept the forum alive!
Personally I have mixed feelings on it. It's been a fun hangout, but it's also been a site that has clearly been in decline for a long time. The lack of any real moderation or rules enforcement opened the door for toxic trolls, the proactive and insightful users got replaced with shit for brains incels, the community feel that it had where you had where you could just openly post about shit in your personal life largely went away, and it only seemed to continue getting worse. In it's late days it just didn't have a community that I really wanted to be a part of anymore. I think the only thing keeping me there was habit and how open it was, where people could say the type of shit they can't elsewhere. It also had a rather large community that kept the place feeling active, but that felt like it was only dwindling over time, with far too many troll alts having a presence. It still feels sad to see it just suddenly disappear one day though.

• 2Like

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
ZeJAAi5.jpg

how the fuk do you guys get imgur images to work on here

From the FoH GIF bank

Dance Myanmar GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big goobaaa

Silver Squire
No NSFW content outside of Screenshots
Which miscer is selling this ???

Nope- Amod

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Personally I have mixed feelings on it. It's been a fun hangout, but it's also been a site that has clearly been in decline for a long time. The lack of any real moderation or rules enforcement opened the door for toxic trolls, the proactive and insightful users got replaced with shit for brains incels, the community feel that it had where you had where you could just openly post about shit in your personal life largely went away, and it only seemed to continue getting worse. In it's late days it just didn't have a community that I really wanted to be a part of anymore. I think the only thing keeping me there was habit and how open it was, where people could say the type of shit they can't elsewhere. It also had a rather large community that kept the place feeling active, but that felt like it was only dwindling over time, with far too many troll alts having a presence. It still feels sad to see it just suddenly disappear one day though.

Well I am not a larper or a troll but I am also not on the Interwebz to carry out deep philosophical convos with the aforementioned "proactive and insightful users"...JFL

Completely agree on the incels and trolls being the loudest and majority of posters at the end but such is the price of unmoderated freedom!

• 1Like

northernlights7

Molten Core Raider

As someone who joined the misc as a refugee from another site that closed down back in 2013, I remember 4 distinct eras: The 2010's Bozz/Kenclown/Bobbydoucheitaloa era, the covid/wincel going into overdrive era, the misc being made private for a year in 2021 - 2022 to lock wincel and the gang out during a change of ownership, and the post covid/mis re-opening 2022 - 2024 wincel going completely insane eras. They wanted the forum gone for a long time, and they finally did it by letting it break down beyond simple repair. The 2010's were easily 10x better than anything from the 2020's misc, especially before wincel first went insane around 2018.

I can do without the 2020's style misc, tbh. I was only there by then out of habit and remembering some old misc buddies.

• 2Like
I've missed you. Glad you found this place. I'm going to PM you something in a sec. Srs
My account got destroyed idk what they did brah wanted a ban for a time and the forums I think deleted my BB account altogether lmao.
Tried making an "alt" as a new account and RR or whatever mod loser kept banning me.
Been in lurk mode kinda sucked.

• 1Like

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
That's the fun. I think tbh though he was looking for God and guess he's been on a search. I always discussed that with him so didn't really care for the other stuff he posted.

Well if you got something meaningful out of your interactions with him, then I am happy for you...

He sure posted about homosexual shit frequently; like way more than "it's just a prank bro" so that is telling in an of itself!

• 2Like
Well if you got something meaningful out of your interactions with him, then I am happy for you...

He sure posted about homosexual shit frequently; like way more than "it's just a prank bro" so that is telling in an of itself!
Tbh he was all over the place. One second talking God, the next second, a complete 360 and walked away

• 2Like