BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Cleveland

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I agree that wincel wouldn't consider himself responsible for anything bad that happened with the forum in general, but it wouldn't shock me if he's currently patting himself on the back and telling himself that he played a pivotal role in getting a forum he described as a nazi board taken offline. That man has a literal NFL team facility worth of bs in his head to do the mental gymmastics with to make something like that happen. Now imagine if he had taken even just 10% of the autistic energy he aimed at the misc from 2016 - 2024 and took up some sort of positive personal hobby with it.

On the contrary, he's probably crediting himself for taking down a "Nazi" forum.

Edit : Got Gandalf'd.
perhaps - we'll see cause they have plenty of people he accused of being nazis over there

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MyGhettoFantasy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forgot about testi. Thanks for the memories man!
I still remember the negged string by 6 unique users within 30seconds in a Testi call out thread. Capped off with Tesi himself dropping the tom cruise tradie gif

Still lol at the memory of that.

Edit: it was actually a "negged phaggot" string.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still
Someone made a Testifier call out thread, first post is N. They made it to "negged phaggot" without a single errant post. Finished off with the tlm cruise tradie gif.

All within the minute the thread appeared.

I can't remember what specifically the call out was about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cleveland

Still

Someone made a Testifier call out thread, first post is N. They made it to "negged phaggot" without a single errant post. Finished off with the tlm cruise tradie gif.

All within the minute the thread appeared.

I can't remember what specifically the call out was about.
oh sorry, I was actually more about who Testifier was and why he was getting called out

northernlights7

Molten Core Raider
I just checked out MM's miscreformed. I can appreciate that the man is trying to keep what we once had in the old misc alive, but that forum just isn't gonna be it for me. As if the misc didn't look shitty and outdated enough, that miscreformed site looks like it was built with free forum making software that I once made a forum of my own with back in like 2002. No thanks, especially with shit like wincel being tolerated there. I don't have the same nostalgia for the web 1.0 look that some miscers obsessed over.

I don't get the point of trying to do a full re-make of the misc, anyway. Shit comes and goes in life. This isn't my first rodeo with forum shutdowns, hell I was a refugee from a different major forum that shut down back when I originally became a miscer. I had spent 10 fuckin years on that forum too before they yanked the rug out from the userbase; it is what it is. No sense in trying to force the past to stay more relevant than it is, especially when the heyday of the misc had been over many countless moons before its final demise.

I also don't get why some of them just turn their nose up to FoH when we already had a years long established misc refugee camp right here. I suspect a lot of people simply have a hard time adjusting to the format, and not being able to make their own threads/having that frowned upon. But if I of all people was able to make the adjustment to not starting all my own threads, I honestly think anyone could do it lmao

Edit: lmao at the Gesten thread on there crying about reps

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Lord Nagafen Raider
oh sorry, I was actually more about who Testifier was and why he was getting called out
Oh. Pretty funny poster that had a jimmy rustling shtick. He was never mean about it but played a very pompous, anti-tradie bit.

He rustled one too many jimmies and when he started a story about his porsche 911 detectives went to work.

Ran him off the forum.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Anachron

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just checked out MM's miscreformed. I can appreciate that the man is trying to keep what we once had in the old misc alive, but that forum just isn't gonna be it for me. As if the misc didn't look shitty and outdated enough, that miscreformed site looks like it was built with free forum making software that I once made a forum of my own with back in like 2002. No thanks, especially with shit like wincel being tolerated there.

I don't get the point of trying to do a full re-make of the misc, anyway. Shit comes and goes in life. This isn't my first rodeo with forum shutdowns, hell I was a refugee from a different major forum that shut down back when I originally became a miscer. I had spent 10 fuckin years on that forum too before they yanked the rug out from the userbase; it is what it is. No sense in trying to force the past to stay more relevant than it is, especially when the heyday of the misc had been over many countless moons before its final demise.

I also don't get why some of them just turn their nose up to FoH when we already had a years long established misc refugee camp right here. I suspect a lot of people simply have a hard time adjusting to the format, and not being able to make their own threads/having that frowned upon. But if I of all people was able to make the adjustment to not starting all my own threads, I honestly think anyone could do it lmao
It's because you can't act like you're mentally handicapped in here without facing repercussions...

Did you see how Bodhy got banned?

He's not the only moron who didn't make it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cleveland

Oh. Pretty funny poster that had a jimmy rustling shtick. He was never mean about it but played a very pompous, anti-tradie bit.

He rustled one too many jimmies and when he started a story about his porsche 911 detectives went to work.

Ran him off the forum.
Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

• 1Like

northernlights7

Molten Core Raider
It's because you can't act like you're mentally handicapped in here without facing repercussions...

Did you see how Bodhy got banned?

He's not the only moron who didn't make it.

Yeah a lot of miscers are simply too retarded to understand that they'd need to be capable of making a small adjustment in how they act to make it somewhere new. Actually, every decent forum today is like that. They don't just tolerate shit like what went down on the misc lol

• 3Like

Luc1fer

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah a lot of miscers are simply too retarded to understand that they'd need to be capable of making a small adjustment in how they act to make it somewhere new. Actually, every decent forum today is like that. They don't just tolerate shit like what went down on the misc lol
They should just go to 4chan cesspool

• 3Like

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
after a week or 2 you can probably track and tell who is an alt from the login pattern
just set flags for logins from the same ip at a min. I know that can be circumvented but it would add an extra step.

There's probably more that can be done but I was always surprised that this wasn't caught.

Also regex searches on similar email addresses.

And, yeah, login patterns. Someone could probably just build software that does all this for you if it's not out already. There has to be forum ban circumvention detection tools already implemented somewhere

Need something that records a history of ip from the prime account and all alts, THEN bans them all.

You'll have to black list known vpns . You could whitelist some users who use it for work.

And perhaps, all accounts could require mod approval before instantiation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ, you bb ppl are all nancy bois

some dude wants dislikes removed b/c it hurts his fweelings
b1f53e0fe6156e9ae3874f15a6ad5144.png

• 1Worf