BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
the first 5 threads
50b9cb59fada840318ea1463ebbf12b0.png

bitch ass millenials

looks like whatever the new forum is gonna bet hey should also have an age restriction

got away if you can't rent a car

Those 25 year old whiners are zoomers, not millennials. Millennials are pretty much oldcels now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still learning to use this place - I posted a thread on discord and the other forum about bb.com ownership - without all my words - here is some previews

View attachment 547782View attachment 547783View attachment 547784

Podcast
Holy fuck yeah that place is 100% lost. NO WAY a female tech CEO is going to abide by "restoring bodybuilding.com" to its actual former glory. Not sure what you plan to achieve by contacting them, but if you do I wouldn't preface it with a free speech agenda. You should 100% bullshit them.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
Links for above

if you listen to her podcast, you'll get what the alleged vision is- and her convo with Ryan Deluca

Raj Gupta is the executive chair, - I've actually been indirectly associated with Sharon before - but I'm still trying to learn more about this dude. He was a Navy Jag office that went to the university of Illinois law school. He actually applied to be a navy jag his 1st year of law school.

He was active duty from 2001-2004

He was more in Evanston, Illinois- and grew up in Roger's park - and currently lives in Naperville.

And ended up getting involved with high scale real estate ventures, including multi family housing units.

Why the fuck do you care about the business decisions of bb.com so much now that the forums are officially gone after 3 weeks of the code behind the forums obviously being broken beyond repair? The forums are very clearly not coming back. If they were, this isn't at all how they'd go about handling it. So what is the point of following the detailed business decisions down to listening to stupid ass podcasts about it? How many people even tune into a podcast like that, maybe 4 views total between live feeds and people watching it after the fact?

It's over, my guy. It's time to stop wasting our lives putting thought into defunct forums that ultimately no one really gave a shit about. Most of us here wasted enough time on it when the forums were still up, no need to keep obsessing now that it's dead and gone.

• 2Truth!

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
This. punicepts was just another djn924's/redraider86. Made mod decisions based purely on stupid whimsical emotion, was useless to any users needing anything unless she considered you a good personal friend, modded as a lurker while seldom posting herself the last few years, let wincel run wild, etc. And yes, punicepts is a chick.
You're WAY TF off base with this. He was an open antagonist to red raider. He's in other groups...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why the fuck do you care about the business decisions of bb.com so much now that the forums are officially gone after 3 weeks of the code behind the forums obviously being broken beyond repair? The forums are very clearly not coming back. If they were, this isn't at all how they'd go about handling it. So what is the point of following the detailed business decisions down to listening to stupid ass podcasts about it? How many people even tune into a podcast like that, maybe 4 views total between live feeds and people watching it after the fact?

It's over, my guy. It's time to stop wasting our lives putting thought into defunct forums that ultimately no one really gave a shit about. Most of us here wasted enough time on it when the forums were still up, no need to keep obsessing now that it's dead and gone.
Honestly the way it ended makes perfect sense now. Some idiot CEO cunt just says "stop applying resources here" and it fades out, just as I stated when it occurred.

No-one knew it was sold or handed off.

• 5Like

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck yeah that place is 100% lost. NO WAY a female tech CEO is going to abide by "restoring bodybuilding.com" to its actual former glory. Not sure what you plan to achieve by contacting them, but if you do I wouldn't preface it with a free speech agenda. You should 100% bullshit them.

Dude, can you imagine contacting a woman who is the head of an online company with messages encouraging her to turn the place into a bastion of free speech? I'm picturing this chick right now reading emails from miscers saying they are upset about wanting their platform to discuss Jews, nazis, race bait topics, hair/baldness, height, morbidly obese women upsetting johnothan, and wincel's altmaxxing back.

I'm sure she can't wait to get to work on bringing that all back to the website she now tries to sell lifting supps to gymcels off of, lmao

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

rectifryer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude, can you imagine contacting a woman who is the head of an online company with messages encouraging her to turn the place into a bastion of free speech? I'm picturing this chick right now reading emails from miscers saying they are upset about wanting their platform to discuss Jews, nazis, race bait topics, hair/baldness, height, morbidly obese women upsetting johnothan, and wincel's altmaxxing back.

I'm sure she can't wait to get to work on bringing that all back to the website she now tries to sell lifting supps to gymcels off of, lmao
Yeah he's going to have to create some sort of corporate-lib persona and pretend this is some activist effort that appeals to the way she wants the forum ran. OR find someone who will just leak everything. That's probably easier.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
Honestly the way it ended makes perfect sense now. Some idiot CEO cunt just says "stop applying resources here" and it fades out, just as I stated when it occurred.

No-one knew it was sold or handed off.

In all fairness, what was in it for bb.com to keep the forums up? The forums hadn't driven any real revenue in over a decade, which is the real reason to have them in the fist place. It's just not 2006 anymore, mane. Best off sticking to dedicated forums like this one where that IS the business rather than sites where the forums are just a side gimmick to the main show. Those don't last anymore.

• 2Truth!

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
You're WAY TF off base with this. He was an open antagonist to red raider. He's in other groups...

I guess we had different experiences. I tried going to punicepts with something important once and she blew me off being just as useless as the rest of the them. Maybe she was more polite to some people than others, idk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess we had different experiences. I tried going to punicepts with something important once and she blew me off being just as useless as the rest of the them. Maybe she was more polite to some people than others, idk
what's that say about me that I never really cared one way or another about punicepts and I liked RedRaider?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

gachase21

Molten Core Raider

lol contact wouldn't be to bring it back

• 3Like

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
what's that say about me that I never really cared one way or another about punicepts and I liked RedRaider?

Honestly, idc about any of it now. I actually got along with RR really well until she decided to vanish and mod as a lurker. I actually kind of miss my old interactions with her, but those were gone years ago, the forum is gone now, so none of it matters. I guess we all had slightly different experiences.

• 3Like

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
Fair enough; so what is the point...

No hate, just curious since you posted all that stuff above...

This. If he was gonna post all that and talk about someone contacting her, and it's not about begging for the forums back, then what for? To troll her for making the final call to scrap the forums? She wouldn't even understand miscer trolling; all that would do is help her reaffirm in her own mind that dumping the forums was the right move.

I can't lie though, I don't understand all of this speculation and detectiving to find out the inner company details behind the decision to drop the forums. What's even the point when we know they aren't ever gonna change their minds to bring them back? Did we not all see this coming a long time ago? I'm still surprised that the week long or so misc outage of 2022 (what made me originally come to this FoH thread) wasn't the final nail, or when they decided they didn't want to keep it private anymore in 2022. I remember the general consensus of how the misc would end was that it'd be yanked with no notice as far back as like 2015, yet miscers are really that shocked that they went down in the second half of 2024? The only real surprise is that they stayed up as long as they did.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider
Honestly this forum is great.

I love that it isn't full of gay pajeet trolls who spam the forums all day and night.

The only complaint you could make about this place is it's a little slow. Misc could get me through the whole workday with all the shenanigans, where here there might only be a dozen or so new posts in the topics I follow.

But with this influx of misc bros it might pick up a little. This thread sure did.

Dude, weren't you MIA on the misc for like the last half year or so? And your join date there was like 2022? I was starting to worry we'd never see you again :(

• 3Like

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
This. If he was gonna post all that and talk about someone contacting her, and it's not about begging for the forums back, then what for? To troll her for making the final call to scrap the forums? She wouldn't even understand miscer trolling; all that would do is help her reaffirm in her own mind that dumping the forums was the right move.

I can't lie though, I don't understand all of this speculation and detectiving to find out the inner company details behind the decision to drop the forums. What's even the point when we know they aren't ever gonna change their minds to bring them back? Did we not all see this coming a long time ago? I'm still surprised that the week long or so misc outage of 2022 (what made me originally come to this FoH thread) wasn't the final nail, or when they decided they didn't want to keep it private anymore in 2022. I remember the general consensus of how the misc would end was that it'd be yanked with no notice as far back as like 2015, yet miscers are really that shocked that they went down in the second half of 2024? The only real surprise is that they stayed up as long as they did.

Yup; no idea so hence the question...

Others has suggested trying to get the data / logs etc to help migrate it to a new VB forum...

• 3Like