BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Pearls before swine breh.

I got a reocmmendation myself yesterday. Chobani creamer.

Gonna go grab some today and if it sucks I'm coming back here to neg Lanx.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
I've always wondered what is sounds like inside the mind of someone born deaf.

Is there sound?

Do they have their own garbled language they speak to themselves in?

Is this an inappropriate question?

Is there an answer to this and I'm just stupid?
Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've always wondered what is sounds like inside the mind of someone born deaf.

Is there sound?

Do they have their own garbled language they speak to themselves in?

Is this an inappropriate question?

Is there an answer to this and I'm just stupid?
Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC
I am not even sure what "galaxy brain" means but it feels appropriate

have you heard that there are people who don't have an inner monologue in their mind? It's hard for those of us that think that way to grasp it

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider

have you heard that there are people who don't have an inner monologue in their mind? It's hard for those of us that think that way to grasp it
That's crazy.

Do they think in symbols? Like "pictures are worth a thousand words" type thinking?

Can't imagine my mind just memeing at me all day. I mean, there is a lot of that, but not only that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuineaDago585

Peasant

There are also people who can’t visualize things in their mind. I can’t even wrap mine around the concept, an inner monologue and visual memory feel like a part of being human.

• 2Like

Cleveland

That's crazy.

Do they think in symbols? Like "pictures are worth a thousand words" type thinking?

Can't imagine my mind just memeing at me all day. I mean, there is a lot of that, but not only that.
not sure - there are vids on youtube about it - I can't wrap my head around it
There are also people who can’t visualize things in their mind. I can’t even wrap mine around the concept, an inner monologue and visual memory feel like a part of being human.
I hear that and I start second guessing if I do myself or not

• 2Like

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

We've actually had some debates over what some of those reactions even mean. Especially since there's not some sort of mouse-over description that'll tell you if it's +1/-1 or just no actual rep at all.

And everything is listed somewhere but fuck trying to track that down every few months when I forget again, LOL

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has some sort of new-age hippy take on it. Like, "It just means whatever you think it means, man!" but I just feel it's a classic lack of 'Forum Granularity' that keeps his hands tied.

(I really don't even remember what any of the actual arguments were, but what I wrote above is as good as any other bullshit answer I could think of, LOL). Regardless, give Tuco Tuco Negs to offset this injustice.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Cleveland

We've actually had some debates over what some of those reactions even mean. Especially since there's not some sort of mouse-over description that'll tell you if it's +1/-1 or just no actual rep at all.

And everything is listed somewhere but fuck trying to track that down every few months when I forget again, LOL

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has some sort of new-age hippy take on it. Like, "It just means whatever you think it means, man!" but I just feel it's a classic lack of 'Forum Granularity' that keeps his hands tied.

(I really don't even remember what any of the actual arguments were, but what I wrote above is as good as any other bullshit answer I could think of, LOL). Regardless, give Tuco Tuco Negs to offset this injustice.
please accept my galaxy brain reaction

edit to add: it means what I want it to mean...

Saved By The Bell Flirt GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Aphantasia. I know a couple of people with this IRL

I think I'd have an anxiety attack if I tried to visualize something and was not able to.

I don't think it's such an issue, because you don't know what you don't have, you know?

Like, have you ever seen the videos of a deaf baby who just got an implant and then they turn their hearing on? Same with babies who have always had vision problems but then they put glasses on them for the first time, and their little baby minds get blown. They don't even know that there's an issue to begin with, because they have no concept that they're even missing anything.

• 2Like

Cleveland

I don't think it's such an issue, because you don't know what you don't have, you know?

Like, have you ever seen the videos of a deaf baby who just got an implant and then they turn their hearing on? Same with babies who have always had vision problems but then they put glasses on them for the first time, and their little baby minds get blown. They don't even know that there's an issue to begin with, because they have no concept that they're even missing anything.
oh the colorblind glasses when they give them to adults who have never seen certain spectrums and they usually end up crying cause their mind is blown so much.

I imagine that is what would happen to me if I ever got a sense of smell that actually worked

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider

Imagine not being able to imagine boobs.
La Clippers What GIF by Bleacher Report

• 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users