BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
Austin Powers Nerd GIF
Not a true nerd. My recall of math equations is absolutely dogshit. Anything to do with abstraction and visualization sign me up.

Something as concrete as math I find too tedious. I can do it but it feels like pulling teeth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Freeburn

N00b
oh the colorblind glasses when they give them to adults who have never seen certain spectrums and they usually end up crying cause their mind is blown so much.

I imagine that is what would happen to me if I ever got a sense of smell that actually worked
I can confirm

I am color blind and never really knew what that meant til I tried those glasses lol

I didn't cry but it was a pretty surreal moment

Never put them on again, srs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuineaDago585

Peasant
Probably a 3, but I could get it up to a 2 if I focused.

When I was a little kid I used to close my eyes in bed and, instead of falling asleep, I would create these crazy, vivid “dreams” while still awake. I would plan them out all day too, like I would decide tonight I’m going to create a world where I’m part of Star Wars or some chit. Then I’d play out these complex adventures in my head for 30+ minutes while laying down in the dark. They were distinct from actual dreams in that I had full control over everything and was consciously deciding where the stories would go next, yet I was “seeing” everything in detail in my head.

I haven’t been able to do that in many years. I’ve tried, but as I get older that window of my brain has closed.

• 2Like

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
Probably a 3, but I could get it up to a 2 if I focused.

When I was a little kid I used to close my eyes in bed and, instead of falling asleep, I would create these crazy, vivid “dreams” while still awake. I would plan them out all day too, like I would decide tonight I’m going to create a world where I’m part of Star Wars or some chit. Then I’d play out these complex adventures in my head for 30+ minutes while laying down in the dark. They were distinct from actual dreams in that I had full control over everything and was consciously deciding where the stories would go next, yet I was “seeing” everything in detail in my head.

I haven’t been able to do that in many years. I’ve tried, but as I get older that window of my brain has closed.
That sounds like a pretty awesome skill to have tbh.

When I was a kid there was a time where I was plagued by night terrors abd waking nightmares (aka panic attacks).

I have no recollection of the night terrors but the panic attacks were pretty traumatizing.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm in - give me a recommendation on something. Anything. This could be a lot of fun.
well i guess since i just walked by a package, i'll recommend chinese sausage
32885b7531d1ddf60a9b60fcd7ae136d.jpg

Kam Yen Jan Chinese Style Sausage 12oz (Pack of 3)
this is a package of 3, it's actually about the same price as an asian grocer so it's not rip me off amazon pricing either.

this is the cheat if you want amazing fried rice. i won't go into how i have a usb fan if i need to make fried rice in a hurry or that i use a 3 rice blend or if youre really in a pinch a good hack is to dump the rice in the egg, mix and then fry, but we'll only focus on the chinese sausage, it's basically umami, if you don't feel like using msg you can just cut up 1 or 2 links and throw it on top of your rice cooker and all the fats will melt into the rice. then add whatever ingredients after the rice is done cooking and it'll be amazing.

(unless you burn shit, then no amount of umami cheating will save you)

• 3Like

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm

this is a package of 3, it's actually about the same price as an asian grocer so it's not rip me off amazon pricing either.

this is the cheat if you want amazing fried rice. i won't go into how i have a usb fan if i need to make fried rice in a hurry or that i use a 3 rice blend or if youre really in a pinch a good hack is to dump the rice in the egg, mix and then fry, but we'll only focus on the chinese sausage, it's basically umami, if you don't feel like using msg you can just cut up 1 or 2 links and throw it on top of your rice cooker and all the fats will melt into the rice. then add whatever ingredients after the rice is done cooking and it'll be amazing.

I hate cooking - will this come out good if I put it in the air fryer?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can confirm

I am color blind and never really knew what that meant til I tried those glasses lol

I didn't cry but it was a pretty surreal moment

Never put them on again, srs.
it's to the extent of colorblindness you are, i have deuteranopia which is just a snobby way of saying red/green colorblind, you probably are this too, since i also tried the glasses, and just, eh.

the blue/yellow and monocolor blind ppl, now they are the ones that cry when they actually see color

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I hate cooking - will this come out good if I put it in the air fryer?
no, b/c the juices, the oils, will drip away, thats where the flavor is.

if you have an air fryer, can you stuff a whole bird in there? you can shove a link in between the boobs and have it cook in there, but a nice air fried bird doesn't need all that anyway.

GuineaDago585

Peasant
That sounds like a pretty awesome skill to have tbh.

When I was a kid there was a time where I was plagued by night terrors abd waking nightmares (aka panic attacks).

I have no recollection of the night terrors but the panic attacks were pretty traumatizing.
Fuarrk man I can imagine. Do you remember if they were the same every time? I had my share of night terrors as a young kid, they were always the same recurring dream about being in a place that resembled the factory from that old obscure PS1 game “Eggs of Steel” (anyone aware?) but unfortunately I can’t remember the details or why they scared me anymore.

Another thing I haven’t experienced in a long time. I don’t think I’ve had a single nightmare as an adult (srs). Unpleasant dreams, but nothing that I’d classify as anxiety or fear inducing, or even close to it.

Kid’s minds are wired in such a different way. Like used to see ghosts in my room as a kid OFTEN, yet never once saw anything like that since about the age of 6. Whether those were supernatural or spiritual experiences, I have my doubts as a logical adult, but the fact that children all over the world have these “abilities” that adults lack is certainly interesting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Kid’s minds are wired in such a different way. Like used to see ghosts in my room as a kid OFTEN, yet never once saw anything like that since about the age of 6. Whether those were supernatural or spiritual experiences, I have my doubts as a logical adult, but the fact that children all over the world have these “abilities” that adults lack is certainly interesting.
7572105ae59d23d5e740826b5918763e.jpg

what ever you do, don't look between the left two girls

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
Fuarrk man I can imagine. Do you remember if they were the same every time? I had my share of night terrors as a young kid, they were always the same recurring dream about being in a place that resembled the factory from that old obscure PS1 game “Eggs of Steel” (anyone aware?) but unfortunately I can’t remember the details or why they scared me anymore.

Another thing I haven’t experienced in a long time. I don’t think I’ve had a single nightmare as an adult (srs). Unpleasant dreams, but nothing that I’d classify as anxiety or fear inducing, or even close to it.

The night terrors I have zero recollection of. I only know about them because my mother told me about them.

For example she told me that one night she was in the living room watching TV and I came calmly walking in. I was walking passed her and she asked what I was doing. I said that someone was hurting my sister and I was getting a k ife to stop them. She said I was awake and looking at her but no one was home. Saod she had to restrain me until I woke up.

Panic attacks I recall but they're all murky. The start with a errie sensory shift where everything suddenly feels wrong and it feels like you just woke up, but there has been no lapse in conciousness and you know there hasn't been a lapse in conciousness. Really unsettling feeling.

Nightmares for me nowadays are dreams where I cheat on my wife and my family falls apart. Lol

That's crazy about the ghosts. Do you think they were actual spirits of hallucinatory figments of your imagination?

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
We've actually had some debates over what some of those reactions even mean. Especially since there's not some sort of mouse-over description that'll tell you if it's +1/-1 or just no actual rep at all.

And everything is listed somewhere but fuck trying to track that down every few months when I forget again, LOL

Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule has some sort of new-age hippy take on it. Like, "It just means whatever you think it means, man!" but I just feel it's a classic lack of 'Forum Granularity' that keeps his hands tied.

(I really don't even remember what any of the actual arguments were, but what I wrote above is as good as any other bullshit answer I could think of, LOL). Regardless, give @Tuco Negs to offset this injustice.
If you're just going to Biden the explanation anyway in a few months, why should I even bother?

I keep debating if I need to write up a 'forum primer' for the OP of this thread, but I know there will still be tards who won't read THAT. I suppose I could rickshaw anyone who asks a question here that's answered in the OP for funsies if I did, but eh.

• 2Galaxy Brain
  • 1Worf

Cleveland

If you're just going to Biden the explanation anyway in a few months, why should I even bother?

I keep debating if I need to write up a 'forum primer' for the OP of this thread, but I know there will still be tards who won't read THAT. I suppose I could rickshaw anyone who asks a question here that's answered in the OP for funsies if I did, but eh.
you know this doesn't help at all, right?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
you know this doesn't help at all, right?
Huh?

You know THIS doesn't help at all? I was debating whether it was worth my time to write up a long and detailed 'how to' for the OP of this thread, so I don't get so many of you knuckledragging roidheads coming in here going 'huuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr how do I use img tags?? Can you click this for me????' 'duuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr, this link is too hard to click on and I'm not reading it!' 'bbblllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr, can we post in other threads than this one? I can't read or see and clicking on things doesn't work with my face!' 'DDDDDDDDDDOOOYYYYYY what are sticky threads! I didn't think to look at those in the place where it says forum info!!!' 'Damn, I've pissed myself again because I forgot the way to the bathroom over that way.... maybe... MOM!'

And then when that inevitably fails because the problem is people are lazy and stupid, not that there's a lack of info.

• 2Galaxy Brain

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider

Does Chinese style mean "bite sized" sausages?

Can I fit like 3 of em at once?

The Office Smile GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

Huh?

You know THIS doesn't help at all? I was debating whether it was worth my time to write up a long and detailed 'how to' for the OP of this thread, so I don't get so many of you knuckledragging roidheads coming in here going 'huuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr how do I use img tags?? Can you click this for me????' 'duuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr, this link is too hard to click on and I'm not reading it!' 'bbblllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrr, can we post in other threads than this one? I can't read or see and clicking on things doesn't work with my face!' 'DDDDDDDDDDOOOYYYYYY what are sticky threads! I didn't think to look at those in the place where it says forum info!!!' 'Damn, I've pissed myself again because I forgot the way to the bathroom over that way.... maybe... MOM!'

And then when that inevitably fails because the problem is people are lazy and stupid, not that there's a lack of info.
I still don't know what galaxy brain means

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users