BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

lockdev

N00b
I just joined the new misc that Lockdev created. A bunch of non misc usernames on there. If he doesn't lock it down it's going to end up just like misc with nonstop alts and trolls. There's like 4 pages of "guest" registered users. Jesus. lol. actually like 45 pages of "guest" users
This is a vBulletin bug I believe. Repeat visitors are being counted as a new "guest".

We have a few mods. So far so good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Luc1fer

Silver Knight of the Realm
it's all about the face brah
1727658094647.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lockdev

N00b
rectifryer: I think you signed up when the rush happened and the server crashed. It was running on a fairly moderate(read: weak) server for development, and when I opened registrations for testing, I only thought a few people were going to register and it turned out to be a rush. I moved to a server that can handle the traffic now, so you should be able to register and not have any issues.

Gotta be honest though boyos, I really don't like what seems to be bad blood between this forum and the miscreformed forums.

I created newmisc as a home for all of us, with a new set of rules that I thought most people would agree with. Lots of people seem to be concerned with the permissive nature of the new misc.

Misc was one of the last bastions of free speech left on the internet, and I really wanted to embrace that.

We have 4 simple rules when it comes down to it:
No multiple accounts/impersonating accounts
Nothing illegal is to be posted(source talk, pedo stuff, etc)
No gore
No spam(business promoting is ok)

As far as the potential trolling/alt accounts, we have a plan for that. We have a few moderators, and I'm ready to IP ban the fook out of any IP that is creating multiple accounts. We'll block VPN IP address blocks if necessary.

There's also no rules that say you have to pick one place or the other. World is big enough for multiple forums brahs.

I personally am super grateful to anyone and everyone who has tried to continue the legacy of the misc, whether that's here, the MPMD guys on reddit, the miscords, or the guys at miscreformed. We've all known each other way too long to have any kind of bad blood. srs.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
rectifryer: I think you signed up when the rush happened and the server crashed. It was running on a fairly moderate(read: weak) server for development, and when I opened registrations for testing, I only thought a few people were going to register and it turned out to be a rush. I moved to a server that can handle the traffic now, so you should be able to register and not have any issues.

Gotta be honest though boyos, I really don't like what seems to be bad blood between this forum and the miscreformed forums.

I created newmisc as a home for all of us, with a new set of rules that I thought most people would agree with. Lots of people seem to be concerned with the permissive nature of the new misc.

Misc was one of the last bastions of free speech left on the internet, and I really wanted to embrace that.

No gore

As far as the potential trolling/alt accounts, we have a plan for that. We have a few moderators, and I'm ready to IP ban the fook out of any IP that is creating multiple accounts. We'll block VPN IP address blocks if necessary.

There's also no rules that say you have to pick one place or the other. World is big enough for multiple forums brahs.

I personally am super grateful to anyone and everyone who has tried to continue the legacy of the misc, whether that's here, the MPMD guys on reddit, the miscords, or the guys at miscreformed. We've all known each other way too long to have any kind of bad blood. srs.
No bad blood from me.

I have not shared criticisms here that I didn't share on the misc before it was taken down. I think that my criticisms are reasonable and as objective as is possible from someone with a personal opinion.

I am glad that New Misc has successfully launched.

Edit: you have done a commendable job putting it all together. You're the savior the misc needs, and maybe even deserves.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr.PissShivers

Lord Nagafen Raider
lockdev lockdev

No gore

Our old misc names don't need to me confirmed by you do they? I see some posts saying they've been confirmed by you.

rectifryer

Molten Core Raider

No gore

Discussion on this board has been entirely oriented around other boards accusing this one of bad blood when none of us could care less. It's absolutely bizarre. I've pointed out holes in the philosophy of moderating with a bleeding heart in general and we all saw what happened to MM's forum.

It's clear that moderating this group is a herculean effort given the mental illness of the trolls. IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT THE TROLLS THEY EMBRACE ARE THE TROLLS SPAMMING THEM AND BLAMING FOH.

If that is not clear, then God help you. You will continue to be manipulated like the others. This space should be considered a third party that has the best interests of your success in mind.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

OPGenasis

N00b
Discussion on this board has been entirely oriented around other boards accusing this one of bad blood when none of us could care less. It's absolutely bizarre. I've pointed out holes in the philosophy of moderating with a bleeding heart in general and we all saw what happened to MM's forum.

It's clear that moderating this group is a herculean effort given the mental illness of the trolls. IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS THAT THE TROLLS THEY EMBRACE ARE THE TROLLS SPAMMING THEM AND BLAMING FOH.

If that is not clear, then God help you. You will continue to be manipulated like the others. This space should be considered a third party that has the best interests of your success in mind.
Think I may be all misc'd out lol. Had a good run there, but let the forum RIP. There will never be another misc.

Civilization is collapsing all around us, and the misc was just another casualty.

RIP.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

rectifryer

Molten Core Raider
Think I my be all misc'd out lol. Had a good run there, but let the forum RIP. There will never be another misc.

Civilization is collapsing all around us, and the misc was just another casualty lol.

RIP.
fitmisc carlposting was top tier then it all fell apart for the exact same reasons. We've been through MANY cycles of this. Many lessons learned. There is a clean way to do it, and FoH is a shining example of this. Concise and merciless moderation with 24/7 diligence. Not easy.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Luc1fer

Great to hear, already posting on the new site. Thanks for the huge effort in setting it up, the software and performance is so much better than the old misc. And the ignore function actually works!

• 3Like

lockdev

N00b
lockdev lockdev

Our old misc names don't need to me confirmed by you do they? I see some posts saying they've been confirmed by you.
Only in disputes brah.

I don't want to say it out loud for fear of jynxing things, but everyone has been behaving themselves so far.

We have had a couple of bugs, like the guests online bug, and emails not coming through(newmisc.com is a new domain, and it's being flagged if too many people register in a short amount of time).

I'm changing some settings around to help with that. If anyone has any issues and can't get on, message me, either there or here.

Mulloway: I confirmed your account, so no need for the email verification email anymore.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
are you saying between foh or the refugees of bb that foh has opened to?

you guys seem to want to perpetuate a war for some reason
d035724f5fc42628008bbb8b06e22fef.png

i am giving you some friendly advice, don't

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Luc1fer

It's literally 3 posters who are acting bitter, probably got banned here quickly.

• 3Like

Mulloway

Golden Squire

Sorry, I haven't been here in a few weeks so I'm only now catching up on notifications, but I reject this opinion!

This

The Floridaman and Taskmob are usefully identifying themselves as part of the alt army/what was wrong with the old misc. And obviously Insideman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user