BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Pterodactyl159

Trakanon Raider
When it drops and goes back up. That's the worst.
i fucks with this fuck me GIF

Attachments

• IMG_0517.gif
    IMG_0517.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,025
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's kind of hard to completely avoid interacting with and simply blocking one individual who makes literally 5,000+ alt accounts over about 6 years just to be a dickhead on an internet forum, big fella. You can avoid talking with them/engaging with them directly on your own end, but you can't really stop them from coming at you aside from leaving the forum altogether.

I had good sized rant all typed up, but changed my mind.

But a lot of what we've heard from the MISCers here really just boils down to "How not to moderate a forum"

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

northernlights7

Trakanon Raider

But a lot of what we've heard from the MISCers here really just boils down to "How not to moderate a forum"

Indeed. Many of the misc's issues during its last few years in particular can largely be pointed back to lousy moderating. Which makes it kind of funny to me seeing certain miscers get all chummy with our one mod who came here and acting like the severe lack of moderation had nothing to do with it. The modding was shit tier there in the 2010's, but at least there was moderation.

• 1Like

Big goobaaa

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Every farm uses it too idc what they say

when you have 600k+ worth of crop your gonna do anything to protect your investment. The government doesn’t care about you

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JeepBruh

N00b

Misc went from overmoderated to undermoderated. We lost a HUGE amount of people in the 2010s because people would get banned constantly over petty chit.

Then we went to undermoderated the last 3 or so years and became a breeding ground for legit mentally ill trolls. This also resulted in lots of good posters leaving who don't want to be around that. The last 6+ months or so it really was looking like the insane had taken over the insane asylum, so to speak.

I actually didn't really have a problem with the mods at the end. They absolutely could have done more but I would speculate they kinda gave up given the bb.com registration system enabled people to create accounts in less than a minute. We just needed more mods who knew how to apply the right touch and could dedicate a decent amount of time to the forums.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yabbayabba

Silver Knight of the Realm

The only people from the old Misc bitching about this place were the spammers and shit posters (watching C chalup whine about this place on the new Misc is perfect example). The fact you guys rule with an iron fist around here hurt their feel feels.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

JeepBruh

N00b
The only people from the old Misc bitching about this place were the spammers and shit posters (watching C chalup whine about this place on the new Misc is perfect example). The fact you guys rule with an iron fist around here hurt their feel feels.
That dude is a perfect example. He becomes absolutely neurotic towards anyone with a slightly different opinion than his. I was on permanent neg spread with him the first year after the Ukraine war broke out. Most people just wanted to objectively discuss what was actually going on, regardless of side, and he totally derailed discussions by ignoring obvious facts and spreading blatant propaganda. He knew what he was doing and it was just all around toxic behavior.

Eventually I just got used to ignoring him, but like others have said, the bad behavior isn't something that changes and he continues to act that way even now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
I'm my curious to see how the conflicts between Israel and the Arab world will show in the election outcome.

A lot of Dems aren't happy with the current/potential incoming admin on this issue but I find it hard to believe that they won't fall in line come November.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

JeepBruh

N00b
I'm my curious to see how the conflicts between Israel and the Arab world will show in the election outcome.

A lot of Dems aren't happy with the current/potential incoming admin on this issue but I find it hard to believe that they won't fall in line come November.
I have no idea. I hope peace breaks out just for my selfish reason of not having to care about the middle east anymore. My entire adult life the middle east has been a part of politics and there is way more important political stuff that should be at the forefront. IMO at least.

• 3Like

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea. I hope peace breaks out just for my selfish reason of not having to care about the middle east anymore. My entire adult life the middle east has been a part of politics and there are way more important political stuff that should be at the forefront. IMO at least.
Yeah. It has. Agreed.

The Harris campaign absolutely must win Wayne County, MI. There is a large enough Muslim-Arabic population there that they can make that difficult.

Let's see how they proceed.

• 3Like

Polaris

Lord Nagafen Raider
We need to lighten the mood around here.

Coach McGuirk runs after the Crywalkers try to force him to join up with them:

Man, it keeps bothering me because I recognize that guy/cartoon and have a VERY vague recollection of seeing it. I'm trying to remember if it was all the way back in fucking high school.

Also, yeah...slowly getting more Fall like here too. I took work off today just to go hiking (I've been restless to do more since I haven't been doing as much as I'd like during this shitty ass Summer).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cleveland

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have no idea. I hope peace breaks out just for my selfish reason of not having to care about the middle east anymore. My entire adult life the middle east has been a part of politics and there is way more important political stuff that should be at the forefront. IMO at least.
if you really want a head trip, check out pics of Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan back in the 60s - they were totally westernized

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users