BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

just restrung my trimmer, super easy w/ this ryobi head
4dc8eba5aacf60da075dec3fa1897f4b.jpg

i'm using some ghetto blue string i had from a while ago, the pebble driveway just eats it up

i was gonna just give it away to my neighbor, but he said he has no idea how his dewalt trimmer needs to be refilled (he just bought it), and i'm not about to find out.

i keep telling him he better move his ass, cuz his lawn is 90% weeds, and he wants to nuke it, and i said nuke it now and reseed now cuz it's gonna be cold very soon (he just moved in the summer)

meanwhile the neighbor next me on the left side literally plucked all the weeds out by hand and his lawn is barren as shit (cuz he also had 90% weeds, whatever grass he had, was cuz mine was spreading in)
Small world. I just restrung my trimmer with that cheap blue line. Five bucks for 250' x 0.065.

Another month and there will be a foot of snow and no more lawn care.

But I'll be shoveling snow. :/

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
Do any of you ever wonder how morning radio shows survive? Or any radio shows not based on a very specific topic. Like, I listen to a home improvement show some weekends, sometimes some political talk shows. But for the life of me, I'll never figure out how those "morning zoo" types have jobs aside from dj's putting music on. All they ever do is drone on about random useless bullshit they come up with or see in tabloids, maybe occasionally bemoaning a national news current event nobody likes like hurricanes. Blows my mind that there still exist enough people who tune in to keep that shit around to the extent that it still is.

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor

i'm using some ghetto blue string i had from a while ago, the pebble driveway just eats it up

i was gonna just give it away to my neighbor, but he said he has no idea how his dewalt trimmer needs to be refilled (he just bought it), and i'm not about to find out.

i keep telling him he better move his ass, cuz his lawn is 90% weeds, and he wants to nuke it, and i said nuke it now and reseed now cuz it's gonna be cold very soon (he just moved in the summer)

meanwhile the neighbor next me on the left side literally plucked all the weeds out by hand and his lawn is barren as shit (cuz he also had 90% weeds, whatever grass he had, was cuz mine was spreading in)

I fucking hate those neighbors who let their lawns become 90%+ weeds. Got creeping charlie out the gaping assholes of two of my immediate neighboring lawns, and it's a battle every year now to keep it back. I've got that battle pretty contained and minimized at this point, but it still needs to be done or it would eventually take over my lawn too. It's pretty maddening when you've worked your ass off perfecting a stupid lawn for years on end, just to have some lazy ass neighbors do their best to ruin it.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

I might need this. Been restringing my Ryobi cordless by hand for years since I'm such a cheap ass and it sucks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I fucking hate those neighbors who let their lawns become 90%+ weeds. Got creeping charlie out the gaping assholes of two of my immediate neighboring lawns, and it's a battle every year now to keep it back. I've got that battle pretty contained and minimized at this point, but it still needs to be done or it would eventually take over my lawn too. It's pretty maddening when you've worked your ass off perfecting a stupid lawn for years on end, just to have some lazy ass neighbors do their best to ruin it.
yea, my neighbor i share the lawn w/ is the one that pulled all the weeds out, it looks embarressingly bare, the other neighbor (new renter) i share the lawn w/ is like so miniscule that my mower w/ 1 pass takes care it (b/c the previous owner expanded the driveway, which i actually like) and i told him, he could take care of it cuz i'm not going to bother keeping that thin strip green, cuz it'll just get strangled out by his massive amount of weeds

he knows it too, i'll edge the lawn on that side and thats it, actually he asked if he could also do my side cuz he's practicing using the trimmer, i said sure why not!

he didn't appreciate that i gave him ppe glasses and said he'd just use his sunglasses. i said, you want my ppe glasses cuz they have foam on the bottom to prevent a pebble from flying up into your eye under the glasses

i don't mind seeing him w/ an eyepatch soon.

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
yea, my neighbor i share the lawn w/ is the one that pulled all the weeds out, it looks embarressingly bare, the other neighbor (new renter) i share the lawn w/ is like so miniscule that my mower w/ 1 pass takes care it (b/c the previous owner expanded the driveway, which i actually like) and i told him, he could take care of it cuz i'm not going to bother keeping that thin strip green, cuz it'll just get strangled out by his massive amount of weeds

he knows it too, i'll edge the lawn on that side and thats it, actually he asked if he could also do my side cuz he's practicing using the trimmer, i said sure why not!

he didn't appreciate that i gave him ppe glasses and said he'd just use his sunglasses. i said, you want my ppe glasses cuz they have foam on the bottom to prevent a pebble from flying up into your eye under the glasses

i don't mind seeing him w/ an eyepatch soon.

My lawn is bigger on one side and a smaller strip on the other side. Unfortunately, that strip runs the entire length of the front and back yard, so letting it go to shit would make my yard look pretty bad. And it's right next to a family that does absolutely nothing about their creeping charlie. That lawn is about 70%+ creeping charlie, 20% other random weeds, 10% grass.

This year I had to regrow most of my back lawn (had some trees taken out and some massive bare spots from the trees/Bobcat machine to fill in), and I tackled any weeds throughout the yard while doing it. Got about 12 gallons of thatnroudup that's made to kill weeds but not grass and spot sprayed anywhere in the yard that had issues. Also oversprayed and hit about 3 feet worth of creeping charlie in the yards next to me... "accidental" overspray, ya know... The guy asked me about it and I told him it must have been an accident from when I was spraying the creeping charlie bullshit out of my lawn because I'm fed up with it infecting my grass. Dude agreed to start pruning his shit better, doubt he'll ever actually take care of the weeds ever, but at least he knows what to expect now if he doesn't take care of his shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wonder if that will fit my little 18v trimmer. I think I remember looking at that in Home Depot once.
don't quote me, i'm certain 40v have removable heads, the wired does not (cuz i remember my wired didn't) and the newer 18v do?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
don't quote me, i'm certain 40v have removable heads, the wired does not (cuz i remember my wired didn't) and the newer 18v do?
Ya its removable, ive been rewinding it with a big spool but it doesnt have all those notches for that wrench you linked. I was too cheap to buy the 40v even though I have a 40v mower.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Freeburn

Silver Squire
All this lawn care talk....

I'm not ashamed to say, i use landscapers

My best friend has his own landscaping company and has been doing my house since I bought it.

I hated lawn care growing up, idk my parents made me mow the lawn growing up and it was a big lawn with a push mower and would take me like 4 hours lmao so idk I just absolutely loathe the idea of doing it now.

They also come by to plow and shovel when it snows lol

Maybe one day I'll shift gears and get into lawn care but I doubt it

• 2Like

yabbayabba

Golden Knight of the Realm
All this lawn care talk....

I'm not ashamed to say, i use landscapers

My best friend has his own landscaping company and has been doing my house since I bought it.

I hated lawn care growing up, idk my parents made me mow the lawn growing up and it was a big lawn with a push mower and would take me like 4 hours lmao so idk I just absolutely loathe the idea of doing it now.

They also come by to plow and shovel when it snows lol

Maybe one day I'll shift gears and get into lawn care but I doubt it
I admit I like the sight and smell of a freshly cut lawn I have zero desire to do it myself. The commercial mowers around here have the super fast stand up types and I'd rather pay them to do it.

• 2Like

Freeburn

Silver Squire
I admit I like the sight and smell of a freshly cut lawn I have zero desire to do it myself. The commercial mowers around here have the super fast stand up types and I'd rather pay them to do it.
Same here bro

I don't even have a big lawn but what would take me 90 minutes takes them like 20 minutes

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not wasting money to have a landscaper do basic lawn care like mowing and de-weeding because that stuff is just too easy to pay a ton for imo. I do understand paying a pro landscaper for legit landscaping projects, though, although I also personally don't pay others to do that either. I just make it the way I want and then it's pretty straightforward to maintain it after that. But I can understand someone not wanting to deal with it.

• 1Like

AKD123

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not wasting money to have a landscaper do basic lawn care like mowing and de-weeding because that stuff is just too easy to pay a ton for imo. I do understand paying a pro landscaper for legit landscaping projects, though, although I also personally don't pay others to do that either. I just make it the way I want and then it's pretty straightforward to maintain it abefter that. But I can understand someone not wanting to deal with it.
be glad you dont live in the midwest bt the miss river.you need more than a mower.stihl chainsaw at the bare minimum.its hard work bro. and i waas just at the farm.more than 5 acres.pain in the ass.got the deere makes easier i guess

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Legz422

Peasant
Do any of you ever wonder how morning radio shows survive? Or any radio shows not based on a very specific topic. Like, I listen to a home improvement show some weekends, sometimes some political talk shows. But for the life of me, I'll never figure out how those "morning zoo" types have jobs aside from dj's putting music on. All they ever do is drone on about random useless bullshit they come up with or see in tabloids, maybe occasionally bemoaning a national news current event nobody likes like hurricanes. Blows my mind that there still exist enough people who tune in to keep that shit around to the extent that it still is.
I listen to Preston and Steve on WMMR just about every weekday morning. They talk about a ton of different stuff. Interview celebs/musicians, etc.

• 1Like