BB.com Misc Refugee Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All this lawn care talk....

I'm not ashamed to say, i use landscapers

My best friend has his own landscaping company and has been doing my house since I bought it.

I hated lawn care growing up, idk my parents made me mow the lawn growing up and it was a big lawn with a push mower and would take me like 4 hours lmao so idk I just absolutely loathe the idea of doing it now.

They also come by to plow and shovel when it snows lol

Maybe one day I'll shift gears and get into lawn care but I doubt it
i hate my faggot ass neighbors that use landscapers

not b/c they too lazy to mow

but cuz the equipment is so loud

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
I posted this in politics but I think it deserves a mention here

57 years ago today Che Guerva became a good communist

1728492041343.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
i hate my faggot ass neighbors that use landscapers

not b/c they too lazy to mow

but cuz the equipment is so loud
I have two neighbors across the street from me that don't do shit.

Pisses me off. One of the homes has 3 teenage boys living there.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have two neighbors across the street from me that don't do shit.

Pisses me off. One of the homes has 3 teenage boys living there.
yea i have neighbor across the st that does that too and it's the house that is on the rounded corner so it's like a huge lawn, but again this cul de sac is like weird, that house is also super weedy, so it's not like it "looks" overgrown cuz it's just weeds, it's just ugly

Freeburn

Silver Squire
I almost miss apartment living, not giving a shit if something breaks or needs fixing lol

I remember when my roof needed fixing, haha, 10 thousand dollars later. Good times.

Tbh I think if I were ever to like leave my woman and sell my house, I don't think I'd buy another house, I'd get a condo or something.

My mom lives in a condo and it's like a luxury hotel, it's pretty sick tbh. I think she pays a wild ass hoa fee tho.

• 1Like

MyGhettoFantasy

Trakanon Raider
I don't do shit for yardwork cause I hate it - but I bought a condo so I wouldn't have to
That makes sense.

All detached single family homes here. No HOA. There are 4 houses on ny block that' don't have nice landscaping and 2 are directly across the street.

My wife and I have thought about gifting them a landscaping service. Lol

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I almost miss apartment living, not giving a shit if something breaks or needs fixing lol

I remember when my roof needed fixing, haha, 10 thousand dollars later. Good times.
Yea, but then I remember I protected hundreds of thousands from debasement of the currency and on top of that my monthly payment didn't change and my nice acreage costs less than a 1br apartment.

Pros/cons, but privacy is nice and it's hard to value that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big goobaaa

Golden Knight of the Realm
That storm surge is gonna wreck everything I’m pretty far away from the ocean and the canal behind me is filling up super fast

IMG-5076.jpg

• 5Like
  • 3Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 8 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Good thing Florida is mostly a swamp anyway.

A lot different than a civilized place flooding.

Most Florida mans can just jack up their house, put the wheels back on, and drive it to safety for the night.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

AKD123

funny you mention roofing.my family owns a company.gotta tear 5 squars off in Joliet. im done with that shit.good excersise though.yeah i misspeled. i dont give a fuck unless Raiden tells me to clean it up.

• 1Like

yabbayabba

Tbh I think if I were ever to like leave my woman and sell my house, I don't think I'd buy another house, I'd get a condo or something.

My mom lives in a condo and it's like a luxury hotel, it's pretty sick tbh. I think she pays a wild ass hoa fee tho.
My problem is I can't get over the feeling that you are buying an apartment. I realize that construction is generally better so you don't have the apartment noise issues but still.

• 1Like

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
That makes sense.

All detached single family homes here. No HOA. There are 4 houses on ny block that' don't have nice landscaping and 2 are directly across the street.

My wife and I have thought about gifting them a landscaping service. Lol

Am I really the only one here who actually enjoys some yard work to an extent? I don't like busting my ass on it real hard, don't get me wrong. That said, it only takes me maybe 90 minutes total per week (when it's raining a lot, it's more like 2+ weeks when it's dry out) to run a gas push mower through the lawn and to doll things up with a weed wacker. I almost consider it therapeutic when I do it, unless it's scorching hot out, but then I just do it early in the day before it gets truly awful out. In my case, it would make zero sense to pay a premium to have someone else do it for me.

• 2Like

Big goobaaa

My problem is I can't get over the feeling that you are buying an apartment. I realize that construction is generally better so you don't have the apartment noise issues but still.
I’d rather live in a 55 yr old trailer village then a condo

• 2Like

Cleveland

<Silver Donator>
two floors and a basement - share one wall with a neighbor cause i have an end unit. I never hear them (older couple - actually really cool older couple - they're in their 60s and just started getting tattoos - the woman has one on her ankle the dude is close to having sleeves) but they sometimes hear my kid when she is jumping around.

Not much different than the rowhomes I used to live in in Philly - just a condo though so I don't own any of the grounds outside other than my patio and the first four feet from the house is for landscaping.

• 2Like

northernlights7

Buzzfeed Editor
All this lawn care talk....

I'm not ashamed to say, i use landscapers

My best friend has his own landscaping company and has been doing my house since I bought it.

I hated lawn care growing up, idk my parents made me mow the lawn growing up and it was a big lawn with a push mower and would take me like 4 hours lmao so idk I just absolutely loathe the idea of doing it now.

They also come by to plow and shovel when it snows lol

Maybe one day I'll shift gears and get into lawn care but I doubt it

Just to revisit this post quick....

Just noticed where you said you grew up spending 4 hours mowing a lawn with a push mower growing up. That's just silly; I'd say someone should really get a rider if their lawn would take them more than maybe 90 minutes not including other side things like weed wacking. Even spending 2 hours on it with a push mower would get old fast, so no wonder you hate it now lol